PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone read Japenese?!

bondj02
11-19-2003, 05:13 PM
As many of you probably know final fantasy XII official website was launched today. If any one can understand japenese i'm sure it would be greatly appreciated by all if you post a rough translation!!

Maxico
11-19-2003, 05:30 PM
Well I started lessons about a monthago so proberly not.

Vaan
11-20-2003, 03:38 AM
I sorta can. I can read both hiragana and katakana however, I do not know enough Japanese vocabulary to understand hiragana, It's pretty much reading something you can't understand. I can translate katakana words though, which are basically foreign words or names put into Japanese context. For example-- Rokku written in katakana translates to Lock, or Locke which ever you prefer. A character from FF VI. Sorry, this is starting to sound like a lesson! In short, I can't help much.

bondj02
11-20-2003, 04:51 PM
I have translated it using babel fish and it makes no sense at all! The phrases are all jumbled up and some words did not even exist in the babel fish dictionary so thanks for all your help. If anyone does succeed in translating it thentell us so thanks y'all for trying

ZeZipster
11-20-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by bondj02
I have translated it using babel fish and it makes no sense at all! The phrases are all jumbled up and some words did not even exist in the babel fish dictionary so thanks for all your help. If anyone does succeed in translating it thentell us so thanks y'all for trying

Japanese is not a Romance Language, a computerized translation between English and Japanese would be kind of very sad.

Yooniece
11-29-2003, 07:22 PM
I understand it. What exactly would you need translated?

Relly
11-29-2003, 08:42 PM
Someone who is fluent in both Japanese and English. :tongue:

bondj02
11-29-2003, 09:04 PM
Not me personally but every one who wants to know. I'm sur the important stuff would be great such as rough story and character info.

Bahamut2000X
11-29-2003, 09:43 PM
Prelude would be nice to know what it says finally.

cykak
12-07-2003, 03:43 AM
Its better than nothing. Try using this to translate Japanese to English.

http://world.altavista.com/

kuno
12-30-2003, 06:51 PM
I can read and write Japanese and English. Damn... I'm too clever, I'm only 16 and I can speak 2 languages fluently! :cool: Call me God if you wish :p

But there is one problem... I cant find the site! I looked on google and cannot find a jappanese one, so if anyone's willing to give me the link, I'll translate it.

Vaan
12-30-2003, 10:00 PM
The site is www.ff12.com
I can read both English and Japanese (excluding Kanji).
I wish Japan would abolish Kanji. It is so hard! 2000+ different characters...who can remember that? I can't import any Final Fantasy's past IV because I wouldn't be able to read it. I love Zelda games. They put Furigana over the Kanji so all the little kids can understand! How nice. As for me, I'm 15.

kuno
01-02-2004, 08:04 PM
Well the kids in Japan are going to be learning more of English and going to stop learning kanji. Yes this is good in a way, as I thought kanji was too hard lol, but bad in other ways. Kanji has been with Japan since... ever! Yes, and to lose it for another language, I think is a little shame. BUT still I think its a step forward because Japanese pople who learnt English in Japan are really crap lol! :P The best way of learning English is to learn it in England!

DocFrance
01-03-2004, 12:08 AM
Or the U.S. We don't need no stinkin' "loos" or "tubes" or "chips." American english > British english ;)

Vaan
01-03-2004, 09:45 PM
Well the kids in Japan are going to be learning more of English and going to stop learning kanji. Yes this is good in a way, as I thought kanji was too hard lol, but bad in other ways. Kanji has been with Japan since... ever! Yes, and to lose it for another language, I think is a little shame. BUT still I think its a step forward because Japanese pople who learnt English in Japan are really crap lol! :P The best way of learning English is to learn it in England!
Well, think of it this way: Kanji is originally Chinese stuff, so Japan didn't always have it.
I feel a little bad about going so nuts over learning Japanese, I mean I really should be learning the language of the Kanaka Maoli, my ancestors.