PDA

View Full Version : hey yall a few Q's

GaV
11-19-2003, 09:59 PM
hey guys how u all doing? I am kinda new to the boards (well browse a lot just don't post a lot). I am about to import a US copy of ffxi over to where i live (UK) i am wondering if u guys cud answer me a few Q's. What character do u think is the best and why? Is the blackmage good?What servers do most of u play on?Do many people play ffxi?
many thanks :)

Flying Mullet
11-19-2003, 10:16 PM
No character is really better than another, it's really up to your playing style and character preference. Play around with it when you get it and see what you like. The nice thing about FFXI is that you can change the class of your character multiple times to see what they other jobs are like. My character is a level 10 thief, level 4 monk, level 3 white mage and level 6 black mage. Try everything out an find what suits you best.

The black mage is good if you like offensive magic. Although by level 6-8 you'll find it very hard to solo unless you like torching weak enemies for little or no experience(the black mage just can't take all of the damage that the enemy dishes out when you're solo). So be ready to group.

People are on a lot of different servers on this board. Check out the Clan Corner for clan specific information, such as which servers they are on. Just remember that when you create your character if you want to play on a specific server you'll need to get a World Pass to that server from someone already there, otherwise Square creates your character on a random server to spread server load.

More and more people play FFXI everyday. So far I haven't found myself overcrowded in the game, but there are plenty of people playing there.

GaV
11-19-2003, 10:48 PM
thanks for ur reply m8, what server do u play on?

Flying Mullet
11-19-2003, 11:02 PM
I'm on Leviathan, but I only put in 4-6 hours a week.