PDA

View Full Version : all games bassed on one thing?

Shayo
11-20-2003, 01:16 AM
has anyone else noticed that ever since square has been making ff's for the plastion and sony that they bassed the games on like on thing? i guess what im saying is that ffvii is bassed on like materia, which is stones with powers, and 8 was about time travel and space, and 9 was about the myst cuz thats where the monsters came from, and ten was about water cuz there was alot of water involved in this game , what with all the water fights and the swimming, and the blitzball, and ffx-2 looks like it's aboutspheres, and this game looks liuke it's going to be bassed on the sky cus the main character wants to be an air pirate...... well i just wanted to say that cuz thats what i noticed, and you can agree with me or not, i really dont care, just dont spaz at me for saying wut i think.

Rostum
11-20-2003, 06:00 AM
Everyone notices that... they've also been making FF's since the original Nintendo system.

TheAbominatrix
11-20-2003, 06:07 AM
Most games have one central 'theme'. Not only is it a nice way to tie together, but games with too many different themes can be tiresome and annoying.

Xider
11-20-2003, 07:18 PM
MWAHAAH!

FFXIII shall be about lava.

But yeah dude Omecle is right. It's not like Square does that to say, "Heh heh, let's see if those stupid FF fans notice this." Some might even question whether or not it's intentional. I would say Squeenix finds something good to make a game about...and they make it!

eternalshiva
11-21-2003, 09:49 AM
All RPGs are like that. If there's no central theme, you can't get anyone interested in something. Actually, TV, books ... the list goes on and on, are all like that. It's not something "new" ;p

omnislasher
06-08-2004, 12:14 AM
I've always thought of the final fantasy games being tied together by the concept of saving the world/universe. Every game I've played has always ended up having an evil menace that threatens existence. Think about the name "final fantasy" itself and what it means.

Cloudane
06-08-2004, 12:17 AM
MWAHAAH! FFXIII shall be about lava.

Would be interesting, but Square have already done it with Chrono Trigger :)

DJZen
06-08-2004, 06:52 AM
You didn't play Chrono Trigger, did you.....

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-08-2004, 07:22 AM
As stated earlier, most stories of any sort have a central themes. Books do it all the time. It's just accepted as a sound literary principle.

Jolts
06-08-2004, 07:47 AM
Keep with something until it no longer sells. They don't like changing major things like this unless they absolutely have to, for fear of the mojority of people not liking it. That's bad for sales and even gets some people to never like that company ever again. A kid I knew in school didn't like FFVII for the sole reason of it have the materia system. He was fine with everything else, but since it had the materia system, he never wanted to play it a second time. No worries on that, though, he did come around to liking FFVIII :D.

K-chan
06-08-2004, 06:57 PM
Think about the name "final fantasy" itself and what it means.

Actually, I think when Squaresoft made the 1st Final Fantasy, they gave it that name cos they thought it would be a total failure. So, they called it that to show it was the first and final (or at least thats what they thought!) game in the series.

and now they're at FF12. ironic, neh?

Jolts
06-08-2004, 07:01 PM
Actually, believe it or not, Squarsoft was just about to go out of business. So, they made one final game to try and bring themselves back. They aptly named it Final Fantasy thinking that it would be the last game they'd make. Turns out, that game brought them back into the gaming industry, and now they got many "Final Fantasy" game out there :D.

TasteyPies
06-08-2004, 07:07 PM
You didn't play Chrono Trigger, did you.....

Um...dude... the final boss was a lava demon named Lavos and the entire game was about him eating the middle of the earth, then jumping out onto the surface and raining lava onto the surface.

Chrono trigger was about lava (not to mention the reptites base was surrounded with lava)

aeris2001x2
06-08-2004, 09:52 PM
Keep with something until it no longer sells. They don't like changing major things like this unless they absolutely have to, for fear of the mojority of people not liking it. That's bad for sales and even gets some people to never like that company ever again. A kid I knew in school didn't like FFVII for the sole reason of it have the materia system. He was fine with everything else, but since it had the materia system, he never wanted to play it a second time. No worries on that, though, he did come around to liking FFVIII :D.

tell him he is a complete fool 4 not liking the greatest game ever made over 1 silly thing and picking ff8 over it :D lol.

MecaKane
06-08-2004, 10:33 PM
Um...dude... the final boss was a lava demon named Lavos and the entire game was about him eating the middle of the earth, then jumping out onto the surface and raining lava onto the surface.

Chrono trigger was about lava (not to mention the reptites base was surrounded with lava)

The name Lavos has nothing to do with actual lava Aya made it as the word for big fire, and the only time it was actually on fire was when it was shooting through space towards the planet. And stuff.

Takara
06-09-2004, 12:36 AM
Not to mention that Chrono Trigger's more about time travels, the flow of times, and paradoxes than lava... :rolleyes2

TasteyPies
06-09-2004, 01:29 AM
Not to mention that Chrono Trigger's more about time travels, the flow of times, and paradoxes than lava... :rolleyes2

But without lava and fire there wouldn't be a plot because they wouldn't NEED to time travel to see a beast pop onto the earth, then quietly dissapear again.

Del Murder
06-09-2004, 04:01 AM
Central themes make the story easier to follow and more interesting.

DJZen
06-09-2004, 04:14 AM
But without lava and fire there wouldn't be a plot because they wouldn't NEED to time travel to see a beast pop onto the earth, then quietly dissapear again.

Without lava and fire Lavos woulda eaten all the life on the planet anyway. Seriously, dude, you need to play this game sometime. It's pretty cool.

Jolts
06-09-2004, 06:07 AM
tell him he is a complete fool 4 not liking the greatest game ever made over 1 silly thing and picking ff8 over it :D lol.
I have, many, many, many times. :lol:

nik0tine
06-27-2004, 07:10 AM
it's called a "story line"

Edgar
06-27-2004, 09:53 AM
Wonder what is FFVI based on =/

DocFrance
06-27-2004, 04:27 PM
Wonder what is FFVI based on =/
Star Wars? :p

Del Murder
06-27-2004, 05:34 PM
I made a thread linking FFVIII to Star Wars once. It was one of my first posts so I'm sure it was deleted by now. The Seeds were the Jedi and NORG was Jaba the Hutt. Seifer was the Darth Vader character that betrayed the Seeds and joined the emperor (Edea) to help hunt down and destroy them.