PDA

View Full Version : So! What do you think of the game so far?

eternalshiva
11-20-2003, 09:48 AM
So far, I'm only at chapter two in the game and omfg this game is WAY harder than I thought it was going to be. The girly-ness in it is almost over-baring but that's how women are in Japan so, it's a culture thing. The outfits look GOOD and it's actually barely noticeable. *HA HA I made a punt!*

The Battle System! omfg I think I died twice the first time I tried it! I was just trying to find a healing potion but my arse got kicked in the minute I looked for the potion, the battle doesn't stop.

The story line SEEMS really simple... ok it is BUT all the side quests that I have seen so far are massive, bearly gives you any hints of anything, so you actually have to think through stuff instead of mindlessly pushing X. The new grids are cool, I have five of them so far and I like the fact that it restricts the number of Dress Spheres you can use.

The other thing I noticed is that this FF seems to have components from most of the FF! Class system, wait gauge (FF8) Abilities (FFT and FF9) AND there's a kid named SHINRA so it even has FF7 in it >.< '

The fighting is cool, you can actually get the girls to gang up on a guy and if your Stats are correct, you can attack all at the same time, my favorite is Yuna's Trigger happy where you have to press L1 OVER AND OVER and shoot the CRAP out of the monsters *giggle* that's so fun!

SO, this is what I :love: about this game so far, I'm getting the collector's edition book thingny today and see where I am to *cough* see which of the five endings I'm going to get! WEE!

What are your thoughts?

Kupo
11-20-2003, 04:18 PM
I had issues when I tired to heal my characters too! I'm on chapter 4 now, and it's gotten a lot easier. I did have to stop in the middle of a mission and go level up for a while, because I was getting my butt kicked!!!

I love how humorous the storyline is. yes, its super-girly sometimes, but I like that- which is a cool surprise. The part with Isaaru in chapter one? omg. so great! I love the way the three girls interact with each other, even Paine gets into it!

Yeah, at first the storyline does seem really simple. You just kind of follow one active link to another at the beginning, but after one or two, you can stop and go anywhere you want, which opens up more hotspots and other side missions.

Battle system? Yes, please!!! So great. There's nothing better than killing a fiend just as its about to attack one of your characters! And the garment grids are challenging in that they do limit your choices as to what you can switch into during battle. I am using different grids for all three girls right now. And as the game goes on, I find myself noticing less and less the lack of clothing and getting more into the storyline. And in any case, I think that the girls look good! (if you got it, flaunt it, right?!)

The only thing I wondered about is for players that never got to see "The Eternal Calm" 15 minute movie. Because the game doesn't really get too far into WHY Yuna packed up and left. We know its because she saw the sphere that she thinks has Tidus on it, but I kind of wished there was a little more backround before jumping right into the story.

That's about it, so far! I am loving the game though! :love:

eternalshiva
11-21-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Kupo
I love how humorous the storyline is. yes, its super-girly sometimes, but I like that- which is a cool surprise. The part with Isaaru in chapter one? omg. so great! I love the way the three girls interact with each other, even Paine gets into it!

Yeah! that is super fun! Paine is so funny when she gets excited >.< I almost peed myself laughing with Isaaru, I SO did not expect that!

Yeah, at first the storyline does seem really simple. You just kind of follow one active link to another at the beginning, but after one or two, you can stop and go anywhere you want, which opens up more hotspots and other side missions.

I didn't know that and ended up leaving the chapter and I missed tons of stuff *pouts*but I will get it next time around!

Battle system? Yes, please!!! So great. There's nothing better than killing a fiend just as its about to attack one of your characters!

I :love: that! Makes you want to shout out "I don't think so!" lol *dork*

And the garment grids are challenging in that they do limit your choices as to what you can switch into during battle. I am using different grids for all three girls right now.

Yeah, I like that feature, it forces you to plan out your actions. You could really screw yourself if you don;t have a grid with enough nodes to put on a White mage >.<

Originally posted by Kupo The only thing I wondered about is for players that never got to see "The Eternal Calm" 15 minute movie. Because the game doesn't really get too far into WHY Yuna packed up and left. We know its because she saw the sphere that she thinks has Tidus on it, but I kind of wished there was a little more backround before jumping right into the story.

Yeah, I feel the same way but you can buy the Playstation magazine and it's in there. Jalbrean knows more about it I think.

Kupo
11-22-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by eternalshiva
I didn't know that and ended up leaving the chapter and I missed tons of stuff *pouts*but I will get it next time around!

Me too, I ended up going back around chapter 2 and redoing everything that I could for chapter 1 before moving on. I really like that you have the freedom to skip certain nonessential parts of the storyline if you want, but that it will cost you in the end (if you're going for the best ending!)

Yeah, I like that feature, it forces you to plan out your actions. You could really screw yourself if you don;t have a grid with enough nodes to put on a White mage >.<

Oh trust me, I was so screwed during a boss fight on Gagazet. I went to switch dress-spheres and I was like "WHAT?! Where's my black mage sphere?" and then I realized that I hadn't put it on anyone's grid because I thought other ones were more important. Not having all your abilities accessible can be hard, but it really makes you think.

Also, I love how frantic the battles are so far. Even though I know what I'm doing, I still try and hurry to lock in my commands before the fiends do- and sometimes I still end up hitting the wrong option of doing something else that I didn't mean to. I can't decide whether or not I like the craziness of the battles in X-2 better than the strategy of turn based battles in X, both are really cool!

I'm also very impressed by the amount of voice actors that returned for the sequel. I was expecting to hear some bad impressions of the secondary characters from FFX, but I've been really pleasantly surprised the whole time. Yeah for everyone coming back!

And finally, does Brother rock or what?! I love him more every time he says something! He's so funny! Next time I play FFX, I'm gonna pay more attention to that guy.

Thats it for now, I'm sure I will have more praise later:love:

muchacho
11-23-2003, 05:26 AM
i like this game alot, but some of the things rikku and yuna say are so stupid. if it weren't for paine it would turn in to salor moon. i did notice it is alot harder, but i like it like that.

RSL
11-23-2003, 04:51 PM
I'm only about 2 hours in, but I really like it so far.

Talus
11-23-2003, 05:31 PM
The girly-ness in it is almost over-baring

I feel embarrassed playing it on occasion. In FF7 the main character was a mercenary with a huge sword, now it's three girls who prance around and say girl-power one-liners. I wish they could've added one really badass character, like some guy who wears a cool mask because his face got messed up in a knife fight or something. The game is just very, very feminine, I wish they could've balanced it out a little.

The battlesystem is nice though, I had to take the animation off for changing jobs because it'd take like an hour to go from gunner to white mage.

The games alright, but if you're a guy, every now and then you have to check in your pants to make sure you still have your masculinity, grit your teeth and drive through the girl talk.

Cloud_AA
11-23-2003, 06:17 PM
i think the game is awesome. the battle system is unbelieveable being able to stop an enemy mid attack is unreal. i like the 3d battle environment makes it more realistic. right now im at Zanarkand in chap 1. i dont like how every enemy gives u 1 ap so far makes it real hard to lev up. that is about the only complaint i have. i cant wait to get to the other chapters

Kupo
11-24-2003, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Talus
The games alright, but if you're a guy, every now and then you have to check in your pants to make sure you still have your masculinity, grit your teeth and drive through the girl talk.

Hehe... that made me giggle, and I'm sure youre not the only guy that feels that way :moggie:

I don't know how far you are into the game, but at least there are some hardcore secondary-storyline characters, right?

p.s- anyone figure out how to do the whistle-thing at the end of chapter three? I keep pushing the "O" button like I think I am supposed to... but I never see a whistling event.

eternalshiva
11-24-2003, 09:35 AM
ROTFL you're supposed to push the X button after she speaks *Notably after she says "I'm all Alone" and three more times after that *4 in total* Just keep pushing X.

Originally posted by Talus
I feel embarrassed playing it on occasion.

I know the feeling! I feel like shutting it off sometimes cause they're just too girly.

I'm at Chapter 4 so far and I only have 54% of the game done o.O I am definately not going to be getting the best ending! lol

Jalbrean
11-24-2003, 10:29 AM

I just checked my pants and I must have had my masculinity stolen from me because i'm all about the girl talk. The dialogue between the three female leads is beyond amusing. I don't think I've ever laughed or smiled this much in any other video game.

eternalshiva
11-24-2003, 10:31 AM
That's true ;p I have to agree that I haven't laughed this much in a long time! Good thing I'm a girl, I can check my mascunility at the door ROTFL aww that's lame.

Khaotic
11-25-2003, 01:34 PM
hhmm Im 82 hours in the game, only 89% complete.. beaten it 4 times still can't figure out the last 11%

Some of the mini-games are impossible to beat, like the ones in The thunder Plains, where u have to either hit buttons at certain times, memorize a pattern of flashing Objects ( Triangle, square, circle, X. ) The story sorta Splits everywhere and very annoying when u get pass 80+%

~~~::POSSIBLE SPOILER::~~~
~
~
~
~
~
To get 100% you HAVE TO play it twice, you dont have a choice.. when u first beat it after credits you get the option to play again, saving all abilities earned, all money + items, and all the story % you earned, however you dont get your lvl.
also Just to help some people out so u dont get messed up like me and have to play it over and over again here is a key thing to do, some people most likely already know.

~~~::MAJOR SPOILER::~~~
~
~
~
~
When you beat Ixion and fall into the hole, after the Scene with shuin, Yuna will be in a dark place you can then control her for alittle bit then another scene comes up, while that scene is being played keep hitting the X button to activate a key event to get the "good ending" Note: this isnt the only event you have to do in order to get the good ending.

For the ending you'll get, I'm pretty sure this is accurate, but not everyone is perfect so it could be off.

Bad Ending - Get killed by shuin at the final battle ~ you lose :P

Sad Ending - After you beat shuin and yuna is in a field full of flowers, hit the X button. If your story % isn't high enough, or you haven't activated enough key events, you will get this ending. - After you activate this last event (pressing x in flower field) PyreFlies will fly behind yuna and a hologram of tidus will appear. Yuna will tell Tidus that its ok now, she's happy now knowing she can come see him whenever. Her final words are, "I love you." and she walks away.

Normal Ending - Basically says it itself, Just beat the game, you will always see this ending - There will be another Celebration just like in ffx only this time, yuna isn't not there, she's "on her way home" after the celebration, the scene turns to yuna, rikku, paine getting on the celcius (their airship) and they fly away, yuna will say "higher brother!!, Faster brother!!" Brother will say "ROoooOOoOOggGGERRRRR"

Happy Ending - Activate all key events (mostly things with Tidus and Yuna) or, get 90+% story lvl. - When you're in the flower field and you activate this, The faith that everyone know's will appear and ask you if you want to be reunited with tidus, you obviously say yes or u dont get this ending, and then the screen will go black. After about 5 seconds, you'll here birds and the ending to ffx will come where tidus swims up, Tidus will proceed to the beach at besaid. While he's walking there, the celcius appears in the sky and the hatch opens, and yuna will jump out of it. Yuna will run to tidus and hug him saying "Is it really you?" Tidus says: What do you think? yuna then hugs him tighter and says, its you. Then wakka a lulu appear with their baby and thats basically it.

Perfect Ending - This ending Includes the Normal ending, Happy ending, and itself the final ending. To unlock this, you must get 100% complete story lvl. This is almost impossible to get, but its POSSIBLE. I've had since the day it came out, that explains my 80+ hours on it, and im still not there, I can't Figure out the last 11% Im hoping I dont have to play all those minigames cause I just can't do them, physically. This one takes place after the happy ending, yuna and tidus are talking in zanarkand ruins. Yuna asks "how did u do it?" Tidus says, the faith aloud me to return, as long as we take care of eachother, otherwise i will vanish..Yuna says, did they really say that? *Tidus: Nope :P* yuna pushes him off the ledge and says "dont do that!!" Tidus, touching water, yuna finallly realizes its true, he came back, forever. (if he was still not real, he would have vanished hitting water) yuna jumps into the water with tidus and they hug, :THE END:

I'm planning on making a walkthrough soon, so if anyone has any tips or something please let me know ^^ although I know mostly everything :P

eternalshiva
11-25-2003, 01:44 PM
*off topic*

If you want to do a walkthrough, go to the Site Staff forum and put your name down for it. ;p I'm already working on the "STEPS TO THE PERFECT ENDING" guide, so don't bother with that. Do the walkthrough but I have the Perfect ending blurb covered

Talus
11-26-2003, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by PyroStatiK
Some of the mini-games are impossible to beat, like the ones in The thunder Plains, where u have to either hit buttons at certain times, memorize a pattern of flashing Objects ( Triangle, square, circle, X. )

I tried the Thunder Plains mini game and it flipped me out into a manical rage. After failing several times I put the game down and came back at midnight that night, from midnight to 4:30am I tried the same tower (tower 7). I can't remember the last time I was that frustrated but I didn't want to spend that much time without getting anything done. After about 12 times of getting 29 out of 30 I realized the game got the best of me, curled myself into a ball, and cowered in the corner.

FInalfantasyfinatic4
11-28-2003, 06:52 PM
well im on the 5th chaapter and played for 14 hours so i thjink the gsmes prety easy, like 4 of those hours were to lv up.

Khaotic
11-28-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by FInalfantasyfinatic4
well im on the 5th chaapter and played for 14 hours so i thjink the gsmes prety easy, like 4 of those hours were to lv up.

I bet i know what you did, u just completed what they said to, did u ever do EVERYTHING? I just got 100% and I have 121:58 as my time.. its not as easy as it seems there is TONS of side quests..

FInalfantasyfinatic4
11-29-2003, 02:21 AM
i have 80 percent and rite now im trying to get 100 so before i go into the r
farplane i will complete the remaining sidequest o and my time is actualy 30:00

eternalshiva
11-29-2003, 03:50 PM
Wow, I'm at 80% right now and I have 50 hours in the game. but most of my spheres are mastered, except the special spheres of course and I have yet to beat SHINRA with the stupid tournament for the Lady Luck Sphere :( *pouts*

Radje
11-29-2003, 06:19 PM
Since i'm Scottish *Roars with frustration at having to wait another 2-3 months!* Do you get to walk around Bevelle in this game?

eternalshiva
11-29-2003, 06:58 PM
um, I think so. *ponders* YES. there's even a secret dungeon that is 100 levels *BLECH* and it is super HARD.

Kupo
12-01-2003, 09:52 PM
Stupid Bevelle dungeon! I hate that thing! Yeah, you do kinda get to walk around Bevelle... but it's really just the highroad and the Bevelle temple. Nothing of the city itself.

Calibrating the towers in the Thunder Plains is really hard too... I had the worst time with the ones that Paine had to activate... how the heck are you even supposed to see them before they fall too far? Esp. the second time on, when you have to hit the two buttons at once! So hard.

I really like Sphere Break. It does take a little bit of practice to get the hang of, and I am a die-hard Triple Triad fan... but once you get used to it, its pretty fun. Its all about the echoes. If you keep those up, you'll be all set.

But give me blitzball over the thunder towers anyday! :moggie:

m4tt
12-01-2003, 10:16 PM
I'm about 15 or 16 hours into the game, just started chapter three. Rikku has Blackmage mastered, and almost Gun Mage. Paine has Warrior mastered. Yuna almost has White Mage and Gunner mastered. I love games with job systems, they are so much fun. The Charlie's Angels thing might be kinda lame, but the game is overall good.

of course and I have yet to beat SHINRA with the stupid tournament for the Lady Luck Sphere :( *pouts*

It took me about 30 tries to finally beat Shinra. I got close so many times, but then he'd throw down a stupid 1 core sphere and ruin my echo! :aimmad: But atleast I have the Lady Luck now, Double Exp looks niiiiiiice.

Aurey
12-02-2003, 01:00 AM
I'm not far in to the game (probably four hours), since I don't have much time to play it and because it's a rental I wont be able to play more of it until Christmas, but, so far, I love the game. Some parts have been downright easy and some have been difficult, but a second try always gets me through it. I love how the game is not linear like FFX was. And I LOVE the side missions.=D

I've been kind of embarrassed at some points of the game because of some of the situations. My brother looked at me weirdly when I was watching the opening.XD

eternalshiva
12-02-2003, 01:15 AM
xD You're in Moncton? I'm in Fredericton! lol

I know the feeling, my husband was like *What's this? Yuna's a pop star?* I felt like I had to defend the game but now he's just as addicted.

m4tt
12-02-2003, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by Shadow 2084
I've been kind of embarrassed at some points of the game because of some of the situations. My brother looked at me weirdly when I was watching the opening.XD

My mom gave me some weird looks during some certain scenes. Looks like "What the hell are you playing?" Heh.

rinoa21
12-05-2003, 07:24 PM
I was VERY impressed that they re-did the "music video" FMVs in the english version. The 1000 Words FMV is more so impressive, as the ending part of it is COMPLETELY different than the Japanese version (due to the way Jade sings the song, or maybe they planned it that way?) Anyway I was disappointed that they didn't redo the FMV with you-know-who in the Farplane, and I haven't seen the others yet obviously since I'm not done with the game.

As far as game play, it's definitely harder than expected, but again much more impressive. This takes ATB to a whole new level! Oh, btw, if you want to make it a little easier on you, go to the config and set yourself to "Wait mode", which means when you do things like select items or spells you won't be in active mode so you won't get killed while trying to find that mega-potion. It doesn't apply to selecting outfits, though, so be wary of that.

- r

Auron4Ever
12-08-2003, 02:37 AM
~~~::MAJOR SPOILER::~~~
~
~
~
~
When you beat Ixion and fall into the hole, after the Scene with shuin, Yuna will be in a dark place you can then control her for alittle bit then another scene comes up, while that scene is being played keep hitting the X button to activate a key event to get the "good ending" Note: this isnt the only event you have to do in order to get the good ending.

For the ending you'll get, I'm pretty sure this is accurate, but not everyone is perfect so it could be off.

Bad Ending - Get killed by shuin at the final battle ~ you lose :P

Sad Ending - After you beat shuin and yuna is in a field full of flowers, hit the X button. If your story % isn't high enough, or you haven't activated enough key events, you will get this ending. - After you activate this last event (pressing x in flower field) PyreFlies will fly behind yuna and a hologram of tidus will appear. Yuna will tell Tidus that its ok now, she's happy now knowing she can come see him whenever. Her final words are, "I love you." and she walks away.

Normal Ending - Basically says it itself, Just beat the game, you will always see this ending - There will be another Celebration just like in ffx only this time, yuna isn't not there, she's "on her way home" after the celebration, the scene turns to yuna, rikku, paine getting on the celcius (their airship) and they fly away, yuna will say "higher brother!!, Faster brother!!" Brother will say "ROoooOOoOOggGGERRRRR"

Happy Ending - Activate all key events (mostly things with Tidus and Yuna) or, get 90+% story lvl. - When you're in the flower field and you activate this, The faith that everyone know's will appear and ask you if you want to be reunited with tidus, you obviously say yes or u dont get this ending, and then the screen will go black. After about 5 seconds, you'll here birds and the ending to ffx will come where tidus swims up, Tidus will proceed to the beach at besaid. While he's walking there, the celcius appears in the sky and the hatch opens, and yuna will jump out of it. Yuna will run to tidus and hug him saying "Is it really you?" Tidus says: What do you think? yuna then hugs him tighter and says, its you. Then wakka a lulu appear with their baby and thats basically it.

Perfect Ending - This ending Includes the Normal ending, Happy ending, and itself the final ending. To unlock this, you must get 100% complete story lvl. This is almost impossible to get, but its POSSIBLE. I've had since the day it came out, that explains my 80+ hours on it, and im still not there, I can't Figure out the last 11% Im hoping I dont have to play all those minigames cause I just can't do them, physically. This one takes place after the happy ending, yuna and tidus are talking in zanarkand ruins. Yuna asks "how did u do it?" Tidus says, the faith aloud me to return, as long as we take care of eachother, otherwise i will vanish..Yuna says, did they really say that? *Tidus: Nope :P* yuna pushes him off the ledge and says "dont do that!!" Tidus, touching water, yuna finallly realizes its true, he came back, forever. (if he was still not real, he would have vanished hitting water) yuna jumps into the water with tidus and they hug, :THE END:

Does anyone know WHAT the specific events you must see to get the good ending at the least? I also heard somewhere that playing blitzball is a MUST to get the good ending.

cykak
12-08-2003, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Auron4Ever
Does anyone know WHAT the specific events you must see to get the good ending at the least? I also heard somewhere that playing blitzball is a MUST to get the good ending.

Not sure about the specific events. But you will trigger a mission when you play blitzball. And that adds to your percentage.

eternalshiva
12-08-2003, 10:05 AM
umm... I got the good ending without playing Blitzball at all. I was at 70% to. You have to hear the whistle 4 times when Yuna first falls into the farplanes, after Ixion. That's a must to get the good ending.

blitzballstar01
12-09-2003, 10:09 PM
Im in chapter 5 and have like 74% through the game. i know some of the things that i missed but some of them i really have no idea.

but anyways, i really like the whole way this game is set up. the battle system is awesome, it feels more realistic, unlike the old turn based things. the dresspheres are awesome too. i have like 3 things mastered on each person...lol (pretty sad for being on chapter 5 ).

i personally like the "girly" attitude in the game. yes, its different than every other ff game, but that was their aim. it probably also brings more girl games into the ff world. thats a good thing. (but ive been into it since ff7 and im a female but still...im sure it helps)

so yea, thats my opinion

(p.s. what thunder plains mini game are you guys all talking about?? i probably missed it cuz i never played it...
and another thing...do you have to WIN blitzball to get the perfect ending? cuz i really hate the way its set up in this game with a deep purple passion... its so stupid. i dont get to do anything but watch them. i wish they woulda stuck with the ffx way. so yea its practically impossible for me to win. cuz everyone just seems to be better than me. ive played like 6 games, lost them all, and only scored twice. thanx)

eternalshiva
12-10-2003, 10:21 AM
Calibrating the Thunder Towers ... arg... I hate the higher level ones. if you talk to the guy squatting by the tower near the save point, twice, he asks you to help him. The first few are super easy but the other ones are the devil!

Kupo
12-10-2003, 05:16 PM
Thank god you dont actually have to successfully calibrate them all to get the % completion for your storyline, ya? You just have to attempt it. Eventually I did get them all, but it was rough and took about 10,000 tries. Akin to the dodging chocobo race in FFX. :moggie:

eternalshiva
12-10-2003, 05:17 PM
THAT STUPID DODGING CHOCOBO GAME *still gets in a rage* I never finished it to get tidus's thingny. BURN!

Starcrest
12-15-2003, 12:43 AM
it's a good game, the battle system takes time to get used to, since it's not turns like others, but, it's ok. I'm not to far into the game, so, I don't know much about it, but the much I played, was really good

Kupo
12-15-2003, 01:12 AM
My only quibble (its tiny, barely counts!) is that sometimes when you run from one place to another and the camara angle changes, you keep running into walls or back into the frame you just came from. What I would give to get Yuna to run straight down one of the corridors on the Celcius instead of hitting the walls like a drunken sailor, I dunno.

But like I said, it's only a minor thing and doesn't in any way make me like the game less! :moggie:

Siwolae
12-15-2003, 01:55 AM
So far i'm enjoying the game. nothing was really going on in the beginning but once you hit the end of chapter 3 BANG! things were really gettin' good especially when N, G, and B were talking in Bevelle. O_O whoa!

eternalshiva
12-15-2003, 11:08 AM
My only quibble (its tiny, barely counts!) is that sometimes when you run from one place to another and the camara angle changes, you keep running into walls or back into the frame you just came from. What I would give to get Yuna to run straight down one of the corridors on the Celcius instead of hitting the walls like a drunken sailor, I dunno.

But like I said, it's only a minor thing and doesn't in any way make me like the game less! :moggie:

omfg I so agree with that. I hate the fact that you're runing in one direction and then the screen does a 180 and then you're heading in the direction you just came from. :grr: sometimes if I'm not paying close attention I end up stuck in the loop between the screens, Yuna's running back and forth like a retard xD

Sefie1999AD
12-15-2003, 09:18 PM
umm... I got the good ending without playing Blitzball at all. I was at 70% to. You have to hear the whistle 4 times when Yuna first falls into the farplanes, after Ixion. That's a must to get the good ending.

What if you miss one of events like that? Does that mean you can't get the good ending anymore? And doesn't anyone have a list of things you're supposed to do to get the good ending?

FFX-2 sounds like a good game so far. It will be released in Europe somewhere in February 2004, and I'm pretty much looking forward to it. I'm just worried about what you said about sidequests and minigames, like Thunder Plains, Blitzball etc. FFX's minigames and sidequests sucked big-time, IMHO, so I hope FFX-2's aren't like FFX's.

eternalshiva
12-16-2003, 09:38 AM
I think you'll like it, its super girly but evantually you get over it and start appreciating the humour in it :P. Site Staff is currently working on the FFX-2 section so there will be a guide up for that evantually :)

You can't miss specific events to get the Good Ending, otherwise you'll get the SAD ending :( :( all the time :( *thinks of Pyrostatic and how he kept missing all the events and getting the sad end ROTFL*

If you don't trigger memory events *Yuna talking about her FFX journey* and the whistle event, the Fayths don't help you. :/

Ashi
12-20-2003, 10:49 AM
I only just got it yesterday. I was going to beat another game first but I changed my mind.

Impressions:

Girly. Very girly. And very colourful (hey I like colours :(). But I admit it's kinda nice to go back to Spira, revisiting places and feeling nostalgic.

I think the active battles can be turned off in the options? I saw a similar option but haven't really messed with it. I like how the battles are right now, they're different, speedy and ... well, active. I pretty much tried to steal items and gil from all monsters so far and get really annoyed when other characters kill the monster before I could steal from it.

I'm not too comfortable with the grid yet. Pondering getting most or all skills with each job at a time... or is that not possible?

I didn't like the "you're free to go where-ever you want" thing. It feels like there's no basis to your actions. Non-typical rpg style finaly getting to me. I thought I'd go to bed and forget about all this game but now it's all I can think of, argh! :(

I'm not flaming the game, btw. I DO want to play...

blitzballstar01
12-21-2003, 09:01 PM
yea i understand what youre saying. but i kind of like the freeness. it makes it seem like youre more in control...like you actually ARE Yuna. but thats just my opinion.

(o and p.s. i got so sick of trying to beat trema that i just gave up and beat the game lol. i still have that file saved so i can go back if i want. but the ending is awesome...i got the good ending!!!)

eternalshiva
12-22-2003, 04:10 PM
wee! I'm at 99% so I think I'm going to give up on the STUPID CHOCOBOS >:/ and beat Trema instead :D Suicide mission yes but everything is mastered and my characters are at level 99 AND I have the Auto-life grid :D Maybe I have a chance? xD

Kupo
12-23-2003, 03:40 AM
You sound prepared to go up against him, def. Of course, the battle is still super-hard no matter what, so there is always an element of luck involved. *cheers* Don't give up! :moggie:

Siwolae
12-24-2003, 10:10 AM
wee! I'm at 99% so I think I'm going to give up on the STUPID CHOCOBOS >:/

Clasko and those chocobos ruined my chance of getting a 100% on my first try. :( i thought i only really needed 1 chocobo in the whole game. ;_;

eternalshiva
12-24-2003, 10:22 AM
oh no! that totally sucks :( You need three :(

final boss
12-30-2003, 05:08 PM
I totally LOVE this game. Rikku is much more funnier in this and Yuna makes me laugh too! Here are some things that bother me a bit:

1.You fight LeBlanc and her sidekicks way too many times in my opinion.
2.Sometimes the fiends bug me when I'm deciding what to attack them with.
3.Logos voice bugs me cus he sounds like Tim Curry.
4.Some of the camera views bug me.
That's all.

Blizzard
01-23-2004, 06:00 AM
I bought FFX-2 yesterday from EB, and once it's released they'll mail it out to me and I will post again. huffah!

Recirculatory System
01-31-2004, 05:17 PM
Heh, gotta love importing stuff from the US.

Logos does sound like Tim Curry, doesn't he? =P

I'm at about 39 hours, 75% complete I think (Give or take). It's not too long, but I skipped a hell of a lot in Chapters 3, 4 and 5.

I don't understand why people have trouble with Shinra though, I lost the first time, then I figured out how Echos work and kicked his butt with half my turns left to go. Eh, maybe just my uber-l33t math skills.

I really don't mind the girly stuff, I mean every other FF I've played has had Guy leads. I'm happy to see the girls actually enjoying themselves.

Where the crap do you get the Iron Duke, anyways? I figure getting that would show that Elder Drake what for, eh lads? Probably have to beat him to get it though (I refuse to use the Cat Nip method.).

Malevolent_monkey
02-02-2004, 01:17 AM
Well, I enjoy the gameplay and the dressspheres, but I'm really getting bored of it---fast. I guess it's prolly because of the similar graphics as FFX, and the fact that it's a bit cheesy. Like that whole, "Your friendly neighborhood Gullwings" and hasn't anyone noticed that the music isn't as good? I think Yuna's acting more childish. But, ANYWAY, doesn't anyone else feel that they had more fum w/ FFX? Or could've been just me.:eep:

Malevolent_monkey
02-02-2004, 01:18 AM
And I was a bit disspaointed that you couldn't make as much Gil as FFX.:p hehe.

SeeDRankLou
02-04-2004, 07:36 PM
I love this game. *molly shannon voice* I love it I love it I love it *end voice*. I cannot get over how fun this game is. The new battle system is next to perfect, ATB on lots of crack. The story is brilliant, one of the best in the serious. The characters are great, especially Paine. I have the fewest complaints about this game that I have had for any final fantasy title. And here they are:

1. The girls vs. Amorphous Gel and Protean Gel = GAME OVER (I have never been able to beat this pair, I always have to run away)
2. (In the early stages of the game before Safety Bits are available) The girls vs 3 Lupines of any kind that all use Killer Fang as their first move before the girls have a chance to attack = GAME OVER (which sucks)

That's it. I love this game. I had no problem doing Clasko's mission, and the garment grid you get for finding the Awesome Chocobo is well worth it, not to mention their's an AP Egg in that dugeon. I find that chocobos will not level up to level 5 unless you capture them in Chapter 5. And the lightning tower thing was horribly challenging, but with enough practice it's doable. The Via Infinito was fun. Once you figure out how to kill an Elder Drake, you just laugh at the area (until you get to Chac that is). I'm currently working on getting The End garment grid. And after that, I need to play the game again and side with New Yevon and do some other things differently. And the ending to this game is terrific. I cried when Yuna fell through Tidus at the end of FFX, and I cried again at the end of this game, it was just so happy. This is possibly the best final fantasy game I've ever played.

Karis
02-05-2004, 04:37 AM
i like the job thingie...and the battle system is cool...and the music...so far i really like it...

Siwolae
02-08-2004, 12:40 AM
now that i finally completed the game (100%), i'm gonna have to say that it was a great gaming experience. i thought blitzball sucked this time around but other than that, i loved the game. the plot was a bit empty and i thought some of the missions didn't really have anything to do with the game, but i think if you get passed that and just enjoy the game for what it has to offer, you'd actually have a great time.

the first chapter was slow but things started to pick up by the second chapter. the graphics were great and the music was great too. i thought Square was a $#%! for adding the 100 levels of bevelle to get the perfect ending, but after finding out that there are 105% worth of points in the game, i quickly changed my mind. do i feel any less worthy of the perfect ending than the individuals who got the perfect ending through bevelle? maybe a little, but really, no. :D . i applaud them for putting up with it, but for me, i think playing that game for 60+ hours is enough.

FFX is still what i like better, but this sequel is a very good addition. when you see the last seconds of the perfect ending, you get a sense of full circle. those who saw the perfect ending will know what i mean...i hope. ^_~ well, that's my say on this game.

Proxy
02-08-2004, 04:50 AM
You thought it was hard?!?!

It is probably the easiest FF i've played!

from lvl 98-99 is only like 35,000 exp...
I defeated vegnagun in 2 attacks

great game tho...i loved it lol

Erdrick the Hero
02-09-2004, 11:38 PM
Vegnagun was a complete and total joke.

I was expecting for it to take more then 3 turns with machina maw's vajra but apparently, Square Enix thinks that the end guy of the game should have 30,000 hp. which is nothing.

they seemed to not try as hard on this one as the other FF's

Rostum
02-20-2004, 05:42 AM
I'm only starting Chapter 2, but I like FFX better.

Maybe my opinion will change once I get into it more, who knows. The battle system is that great either, it may be something new, but nothing to rave about.

It seems too easy so far.