PDA

View Full Version : Why don't FF games still follow the plot?

Stayin Dizzy
11-20-2003, 08:55 PM
I loved how 1 3 and 4 all were based around light warroirs and crystals. In 9 it was nice how everyone couldn't do everything (strangely 7 is my favorite game though :) I haven't beat 2 5 or 6 yet but have them...what happened to the plot with the crystals and the light warriors?! ALSO....Where the hell is the game with the Masamune story?????? ***Spoilers*** In FF4 there is a Murasame and a Masamune. I think 1 and 3 had the masamune as well. But not in 7 and up. But somehow in chrono cross it's an evil sword that drives people evil, then when you beat that warrior on the island (forget his name) theres a scene with Masa & Mune saying they should fight for good again!? What is that all about!!!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-20-2003, 09:06 PM
Masamune has shown up in VII, Tactics, IX, X, and Tactics Advance, actually. The "Masamune" in the Chrono games is a misnomer; that sword's name is actually the Grand Lion.

NM
11-20-2003, 09:13 PM
Masamune & Murasame are also both in FFX

Weren't the first 5 FF games about light warriors and cystals? FF:CC is also along the same lines as the old games aswell I think.

Stayin Dizzy
11-20-2003, 09:15 PM
Masamune was in 7?? I thought I knew that game in and out!! Where was it mentioned?? Can you get it?? I might have to play it all over again!! (too bad--not!)

Also tactics and tactics advance are for gameboy right? Are those anygood?? Do they follow any of the other FF's? Also I've never heard ANYTHING about FF Mystic Quest on these message boards...is it good? I just downloaded but haven't played, also I hope to play the GC one coming out. I think its FF CC or something. Should be good. I can't play 10 till I buy another PS2. I got rid of it for the Zelda games (master quest and the wind waker) which was a poor investment, but thats a little off subject

Shoyku
11-20-2003, 09:20 PM
Masamune was in 7?? I thought I knew that game in and out!! Where was it mentioned?? Can you get it?? I might have to play it all over again!! -ds4284
Masamune was Sephiroth's weapon in VII. You can get it, but you won't be able to use it, so don't worry about playing it over again.

Also tactics and tactics advance are for gameboy right? Are those anygood?? Do they follow any of the other FF's? -ds4284
Tactics is for PS, and Tactics Advance is for GBA. It really depends on your style of games to tell you whether or not the game's good or not, but I myself despise both. And from what I understand of your idea of following the other FFs, no, T and TA don't follow the other FFs.

Also I've never heard ANYTHING about FF Mystic Quest on these message boards...is it good? I just downloaded but haven't played. -ds4284
It's arguable, it's basically considered an FF-lite, a dumbed down version of Final Fantasy that was introduced to America. It didn't fly too well.

Edit: Oh, and the proper usage of spoilers goes like so:
This is the spoiler message you want to cover.
Doing that will turn out like so:
This is the spoiler message you want to cover.

Stayin Dizzy
11-20-2003, 09:28 PM
NO WAY? I thought that he had some like, handcrafted sword because I remembered only he could weild it and it fit his height? Maybe it was square's intention but that is a serious chage of shape for the sword especially, with what it looks like in CC. Maybe there is a whole tie-in with Sephiroth getting it when he was good, then when he turned evil so did the sword, thus basing the whole mix for the masamune in CC!!!!!

Or maybe I'm dreaming LOL

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-21-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
The "Masamune" in the Chrono games is a misnomer; that sword's name is actually the Grand Lion.
a misnomer; that sword's name is actually the Grand Lion.
Grand Lion.
Grand Lion.

Stayin Dizzy
11-21-2003, 03:14 PM
whoa, what was all that about??

DocFrance
11-21-2003, 03:54 PM
What our friend 'Kishi is trying to say is that a more accurate translation of the legendary sword in Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross would be "Grand Lion," instead of "Masamune." This would certainly make sense, because the actual Masamune was a katana, and Frog wields broad swords. Crono would be more likely to wield the Masamune.