PDA

View Full Version : Is Square going a bit too quick?

Ramza_Beouvle
11-23-2003, 12:19 AM
No to offend Square, but don't you guys think that they are going in a overly fast pace in the game releasing process? I mean TWO major titles: FFXI and FFXII in two years?? I still remeber, still playing FFX, and my friend brought a picture of the FFX-2 Yuna to school the very next day. I was completely lost when my friend was telling me all about it, and spoiling my game.
...So what do you think? Is Square too quick, or not?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-23-2003, 02:22 AM
The games aren't coming out too quickly, really; they're coming out at about the same pace they have been since the NES era. The only real difference is that these days the news gets out much earlier than it used to.
Final Fantasy II was released 1 year after Final Fantasy.
Final Fantasy III was released 1 year and 4 months after Final Fantasy II.
Final Fantasy IV was released 1 year and 3 months after Final Fantasy III.
Final Fantasy V was released 1 year and 5 months after Final Fantasy IV.
Final Fantasy VI was released 1 year and 4 months after Final Fantasy V.
Final Fantasy VII was released 2 years and 9 months--the longest wait ever--after Final Fantasy VI.
Final Fantasy VIII was released 2 years after Final Fantasy VII.
Final Fantasy IX was released 1 year and 5 months after Final Fantasy VIII.
Final Fantasy X was released 1 year after Final Fantasy IX.
Final Fantasy XI was released 10 months--the shortest wait ever--after Final Fantasy X.
Final Fantasy XII is set to be released in the first quarter of 2004--1 year and 8-10 months after Final Fantasy XI.

TheAbominatrix
11-23-2003, 04:11 AM
Besides, why would you care if they were? If they were slowing down that would suck, but getting more FF games quicker would be great!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-23-2003, 04:14 AM
The concern is that the guys making them wouldn't be putting as much thought and effort into each one if they were pumping them out constantly.

Dalkaen
11-23-2003, 06:39 AM
I think my concern would be that they come out rather quickly, giving you little time to complete each one. But I'm not complaining.

TheAbominatrix
11-23-2003, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
The concern is that the guys making them wouldn't be putting as much thought and effort into each one if they were pumping them out constantly.

Well even though XII is coming out in the near future, havent they been working on it for a long time? I would assume if Square started putting them out earlier, they've just started working on them earlier.

edczxcvbnm
11-26-2003, 06:24 PM
FFXI came out last year. Its just only in Japan and just recently came out here. FFXII should be a year away yet.

Seems like they release about 1 FF game every year.

And Kawaii...how could you leave FFMQ off your list :cry:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-27-2003, 02:05 AM
Most American releases don't have exact dates listed. All I know about FFMQ is that it was released sometime in '92. =\

edczxcvbnm
11-27-2003, 03:17 AM
There we go.

FF USA:MQ - 09/10/93

Thats the Japanese release date. Ohhh how I love thee mystic quest *sexors mystic quest*

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-29-2003, 07:26 PM