PDA

View Full Version : Put Yourself in My Position!

Avalon_Beouvle07
11-23-2003, 08:37 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics features a wide cast of characters that are all intensely entangled in a lethal web of vile deception and fate. All of them are incessantly betrayed, double-crossed and thrown aside to the curb in some way-especially the protagonist Ramza. But because of the sorry guidance Ramza bestowed upon Delita, Delita turned into a sorry, bloodthirsty and scandalous son of gun with no regard for life at all. If you could picture yourself as Delita, would you have made any different decisions? Or what about Ramza, or just anyone else? Any thoughts on the story or the characters would be great! *waves*:)

DocFrance
11-24-2003, 06:12 AM
If I were in Orlandu's shoes, I would definitely have joined the party much earlier in the game. Say about... right before the Battle of Bariaus Hill.

Edgar
11-24-2003, 07:50 AM
If I were Orlandu, I would kill everyone with my holy swordskills.

My first target would be Ramza.
Yeah, that'll put some challenge into the game...

Outsider
11-24-2003, 02:54 PM
If I was Beowulf I would get Reis into a room and... Uh... Be happy! :D

Ragnarok
11-24-2003, 11:00 PM
If I were Mustadio I would shoot all the men and rape the women at gunpoint. But thats just me...

Edgar
11-26-2003, 06:23 AM
I think I'll kill 'Aeris'.

heh.

Ramza_Beouvle
11-28-2003, 04:54 AM
If I was Delita, I will kill Algus in the beginning of the game(That bastard lost me one of my best characters.....:shifty: stupid Algus)

If I was Ramza, I'll just leave Algus starded there for the thieves to kill...

If I was Dycedarg, I will kick Algus out of Igros Castle and leave him to die...

If I was Algus, I will kill myself!!!

..........I hate Algus.................

DocFrance
11-28-2003, 05:31 AM
I gotta agree with you on that one. Algus is one of the worst back-stabbing in FF history, up there with Kain, Cait Sith, and Seifer.

Avalon_Beouvle07
11-30-2003, 03:22 AM
Right on! Ramza, Doc, you guys are awesome! It seems like the Doc has some issues with Algus-I do too! Man, if I had been Ramza I would have killed Algus the minute he talked smack to Delita.........:)

DocFrance
12-01-2003, 06:14 PM
Seriously. What a punk.

Ramza_Beouvle
12-05-2003, 03:28 AM
yeah, sereusly, that back-stabbing jerk would have died the moment he was attacked by those thieves!

Baron Grims
12-06-2003, 12:25 AM
because of the sorry guidance Ramza bestowed upon Delita

Just curious, what would u consider to be sorry guidance on the part of Ramza?

unknown88
12-09-2003, 11:19 PM
If I were Zalbag, I'd use one of the special skills he has because I want to see how damn good he is (in the story his power its said to match Orlandu's so he has to be damn broken).

If i were Ramza I would of become a Dark or White Knight because he becomes useless later in the game (as even your normal allies are better).

DeBlayde
12-11-2003, 06:20 AM
yeah, Delita and Algus should have fought a duel and done the entire world a favor and killed each other. like when they were 2, then we wouldn't be subjected to the likes of them. And Delita is not a product of his environment, he was being used by somebody too, we just don't see it in the game. there's no excuse to Algus. I kill him on purpose at the beginning of every battle.

DEATH TO ALGUS!!!!!!

Edgar
12-11-2003, 03:09 PM
Algus = exp

Avalon_Beouvle07
12-13-2003, 03:44 AM
DEATH TO ALGUS!!! YEAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY GOOD IDEA-SMACK HIM DOWN TO THE CURVE AT THE START OF EVERY BATTLE, HEHEH......
Seriously, what I meant when I said that Ramza didn't help prevent Delita from turning insane was this-any best friend would have had the common sense to help. :) He didn't do much, really.....not even when Delita's sister was kidnapped. I didn't even pick up a 'Oh don't worry, Delita. She'll be fine. I will stand by you'. Absolutely nothing at all. :) They were good and true pals in the beginning, but then they just drifted apart.
Some people may be able to act on their own without any help at all. Delita wasn't one of those people-he was vulnerable and Algus attacked him. Ramza made a very small attempt to help out. Compare him to Samwise Gamgee of the Lord of the Rings movies-huge difference. As for you people that hate Algus, all the power to you! I am SO with u......*gotta love the 'I Hate Algus* club.

Ramza_Beouvle
12-15-2003, 05:04 AM
HAHAHAHA!!! I smack Algus once then I left him for the rest of the enemy units to kill him. They need more targets, ya know. Don't want them ta hurt Ramza or any other people on the team.

DeBlayde
12-15-2003, 06:59 PM
hmmm.... Avalon, I seem to recall a scene by a river or something at sunset in which Delita and Ramza have a little heart to heart. I clearly remember one later in the game, but, i seem to recall one while they go to rescue Teta.....

anycase, Delita is a big boy who can and did make his own decisions. I don't think he went insane, rather saw an opportunity to get back at morons like Algus, who must die, and seized upon it. When ramza asks him why he did this, I really think that the answer was obvious. I mean, let's say one grows up in a country like Britain where class structures are so rigid it borders on Castes. now back in the day, the peasants would be sh** on by the nobility and expected to keep working, paying taxes and say nothing. Ivalice is such an environment. so I think it's rather understandable. ya know?

Avalon_Beouvle07
12-17-2003, 05:19 AM
Very good points, Blayde. Ramza did show some compassion towards Delita during their sunset scene, and they were pretty tight in the beginning. Unfortunately Delita was driven away from Ramza because of the surrounding "elements" of the environment-basically he was surrounded by a bunch of sh##.:)
They may have had a connection during their adult years, but it wasn't the way it was when they were younger. Delita did make his own decisions and that's respectable-I just wish he would have stayed the way he was before the whole war broke out. I mean, back at the start he only cared about staying at Ramza's side, then later on he ended up killing a girl he said he would sacrifice his life for. What's with that?!:) *is glad to be playing tennis with someone on a topic* I really wish they could have just stayed really good friends.
*burns Algus and thinks about making a "I Hate Algus" forum...just kidding*:love:

Mehka Gallant
12-27-2003, 04:46 PM
If I were Ramza... I'd rename myself Mehka Gallant and multi-class as a Lancer/Knight... Master my mad skills and Chemist until I had Potion/Hi-Potion/X-Potion and Phoenix Down, attach my skills, slay Delita at the first sign of mutiny, crush Algus' skull in the battle of Fort Zeakden, and level my ass up. Anybody who stood in my way and didn't agree, as long as they weren't a hot chick, would be trampled beneath my glorious banner. I'd slay Dycedarg, Larg, and Goltana, and take that bizatch Princess Ovelia as my own. Then I'd settle down and rule with a kind disposition, and if anybody tried to attempt upon my life, they'd have an army of maxed-out lancers jumpin' all over em'. HA! I just leaked my plan for Ivalic-domination... I can trust you guys... Right...?

Avalon_Beouvle07
12-29-2003, 05:39 PM
Way 2 go, Mehka! I'm a fan of Lancers myself, and what wicked cool plans! *applauds* That would have been an awesome route for Ramza to go, although I would have slain Algus right when he started to talk bad about Delita.....:love: :love:

DeBlayde
12-31-2003, 07:40 PM
i really rather liked the way the plot went with Ramza and Delita. it's really rather realistic. two friends, one of whom is constantly being sh** upon by He Who Must Be Beat Down (death to algus :shoot: ), then not sh** upon friend doesn't stick up for sh** upon friend, and sh** upon friend says, "sh**! what the sh** is all this sh**?" and then leaves. or gets blown up and resurfaces later, with no scars. :shifty:

great loses tend to make people bitter, like the lose inflicted upon Delita by He Who Must Be Beat Down and Ramza's older brother who gave the order. Since it was Ramza's brother, I always thought Delita rather resented Ramza because of it, despite Ramza avenging Delita's lose and killing Ramza's brother/lucavi. Ramza was kinda dumb in his naivete'.

Avalon_Beouvle07
01-01-2004, 05:49 AM
My sis and I think Ramza's a bit naive too. And you're right about losses making people bitter-it was 250% true for that game. I really like the smiley you use when you talk about Algus-nice one. *thinks all of the profanity is rather funny because it would have suited the game*

DeBlayde
01-02-2004, 01:21 AM
actually, i don't swear much, post just evolved that way, so I took it a little more towards the extreme cuz i thought it was funny too. :D

actually, though, Ramza's naivete' can be described as extreme idealism as well, and often it's difficult to differentiate between the two.

so.

Ramza = head resembling bubble (among other things) and refusing to see the world for all the darkness?
or.
Ramza = idealist fighting against the darkness and refusing to succumb for faith in his beliefs?

hmmmmmm.:shifty:

oh yes. Algus must die. :shoot:

Mehka Gallant
01-02-2004, 10:08 PM
You're both right about Ramza being Naive... That's why I usually opt to destroy the Death Corps when Algus shows rather than save his mangy-arse... Still... I'd bump off Delita as soon as he resurfaced... Hell, I woulda jumped on him... Twice, for good measure... And taken Teta and Alma as my personal harem girls... Mwa ha ha ha ha!! Just kiddin'. That'd be just wrong... But did I mention that if I were Ramza, I'd change my hair and eye color? Blonde is just... Not right for the hero of a game... Still... Dark brown, both hair and eyes... Is a much darker... More suited to 'me' color... I'm not evil... I swear... ;) Anyhoo... If any of you reading these want to talk, send me an e-mail or private message! I'm gettin' lonely waiting for responses to my posts on the forums... :)