PDA

View Full Version : 'The Bouncer' bounced 2 Short!

Avalon_Beouvle07
11-23-2003, 08:50 PM
'The Bouncer', a game created by none other than Squaresoft and Dream Factory, was a very creative that had stunning graphics and amazing characters, such as the incredibly sexy Kou Leifou and puppy-dog faced Sion Barzahd, but unfortunately the game seemed to be shorter than an episode of Teletubbies. The English version of the game took a while to grow on me, but other than that I think it's really fun. The game's longevity cut the excitement level in half-I really wish it could be a lot longer! It's made by Square-they could have figured out more for the Bouncers to do! This to me has to be one of the most disappointing games out there because it's so short. Anyone else have any thoughts on the 'Bouncer' or any other game they thought was too short?

Lord Chainsaw
11-24-2003, 12:57 AM
The Bouncer was fun the first time around. Then it got boring. It makes a good rental, but not a good buy.

When I first played it I was pretty impressed because it was my first ps2 game. Do I regret buying it? A little.

Mr. Graves
11-24-2003, 03:13 AM
It was way too short. It tried to emulate Streets of Rage, for the most part. It had a nice story, but this had lots of potential for improvement, and that's sad.

I regret buying this one too. Which is why I like to rent before buying my games.

eternalshiva
11-24-2003, 10:06 AM
It was cool cause it was the first PS2 Game for them but it was WAY to short and not enough game. The story line was confusing at best but the other game options were fun, like the bar fights >.< heh

Marvin the machine
12-02-2003, 01:10 PM
It was to short and to slow to be any fun.

HOOTERS
12-02-2003, 01:24 PM
There was more story ie standing around talking than fighting thus squaresoft should stick to rpgs.

Zell's Fists of Fury
12-02-2003, 07:19 PM
Isnt that game like three years old?

Mo-Nercy
12-03-2003, 09:49 AM
I thought The Bouncer is a pretty underated game. At least it admitted to being a short game. 'Play the Action Movie.' I think it was very successful in that sense.

It's also, graphically, the best game to appear from Square. FFX and FFX-2 have slightly toned down graphics compared to the Bouncer.

It's pretty sweet as a multiplayer game. And to complete the game entirely it's about 10 hours.

So yea, I like it.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
12-03-2003, 12:56 PM
I love how you don't make threads about Square games in the Square forum. *moves*

edczxcvbnm
12-03-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Al Bhed³
It's also, graphically, the best game to appear from Square. FFX and FFX-2 have slightly toned down graphics compared to the Bouncer.

That is quite debateable since the game does not support any anti-aliasing at all. To me that automatically makes this games graphics suck just that much. GOD DAMN I HATE JAGGIES!

Magai
12-04-2003, 01:13 AM
The main story may be as long as a 18 inch ruler, but the Gameplay was great. You'll have WAY more fun in multiplayer. Though it's a bit unblanaced as some characters just suck and others clearly seem far more supeieor and more powerful than everyone else. Still good game, the expectations came up a bit short.(pun intended)