PDA

View Full Version : Battle system and missions

Vaprice
11-23-2003, 11:08 PM
Hey, what kind of battle system is it? Are the missions hard?

eternalshiva
11-24-2003, 09:59 AM
The battle system is set in real time, which mean, while you're going through menus and stuff, instead of being in WAIT MODE like the other FF, the monsters can actually continue to attack you. I died four times in the first battle just trying to get used to it. You actually have to pay attention!

If you go to the HOTSPOTS *main missions* they can be quite hard if your characters don;t have the correct abilities (you have to LEARN abilities, like FF9, 6 and FF tactics) or if they have high enough levels *as per usual* but some of the missions are quite funny and entertaining. Like Cuckoo for Chocobos was funny *The boss was easy*

Once you have the battle system figured out, its great but then you have to make sure you have the correct dress spheres on your grids to change to cause you could screw yourself in battle >.< for example:

ME: Ok time to heal!

*goes looking for White Mage Dress Sphere*
*Waists time looking for sphere*
*monsters are kicking my arse*

ME: um... DAMN! I FORGOT TO PUT ON MY WHITE MAGE SPHERE!
*waists more time looking for alchemist dress sphere*
ME: NOO! I FORGOT THAT ONE TOO!
*looks at screen*

ME: EEP! OMG they're almost dead!
*Waists time looking for item cause I never sorted them*
*all characters die*

ME: *SOB* I haven't saved in three hours! *sob*

Yup yup, that sucks! ;p

Vaprice
11-24-2003, 08:34 PM
Man that sucks. SO tip[s are to have items in order..dont forget to have all dress spheres......and have lots of amusement on asy funny missons....gottcha....So like the missions? Is it like FFT for gameboy advanced????kinda? Sorta?

eternalshiva
11-25-2003, 09:30 AM
heh, I'm not sure if it's anything I've played like before. In some missions its like FFT but in others it's a FFX-2 only style mission, it's unique. You either have to kill a boss or catch some chocobos and breed them. All the missons vary and even the mini games at Calm Land help out with your percentage. It's more complicated than it seems off hand. If you go from Hot Spot To Hot Spot without stoping to other places, you'll miss out on missions and important details for the story, never mind ALOT OF PERCENTAGE POINTS to get the Perfect Ending. Other wise you get like two other endings that are sad :( ;p

Vaprice
11-25-2003, 03:08 PM
ahh I see now. My birthday is on thanksgiving so im probably gonna get the game then. I already have the stratdgy guide so yeah Im pretty much set. Thanks.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-26-2003, 02:56 AM
First of all, you can easily set the battles to Wait Mode in the Configuration menu. It's much better this way (it always is in the series), as you don't have to rush through menus. Plus, chocobos won't have a chance to run away while you're scrolling to the near-end of the items list for Gysahl Greens.

When spherechanging, I always pause for a couple seconds to orient myself. Better than wasting precious time getting mauled by fiends, you know.