PDA

View Full Version : Some questions

XIII
11-24-2003, 07:04 PM
HI
I am new here!
I have some questions about FF XI!
Is there single and multiplay?
Can you choose between AUTO and other way of combat?
What is other way combat?
How does combat looks like?

IS IT GOOD (1-100)?

XIII
11-24-2003, 07:08 PM
Hmmm
Is there combat like in GOTHIC 2?

Flying Mullet
11-24-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by XIII
HI
Hello :)

I am new here!
Welcome :)

I have some questions about FF XI!
Okay

Is there single and multiplay?
Multiplayer only, no single player. This is a MMORPG (Massively-Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) so you can't play without being online. Although when you play you can choose not to group and do everything solo, but it makes the game much harder and it isn't nearly as much fun.

Can you choose between AUTO and other way of combat?
You engage with an enemy either when you specify to attack it and do attack it, or the enemy decides to attack you. (Some enemies in the game are hostile by nature)

What is other way combat?
That's the only way that combat works.

How does combat looks like?
It's a 3D world so when you engage the enemy you can move the camera around the battle, but you still have menus to select what you want to do(attack, magic, etc...)

IS IT GOOD (1-100)?
I'd give it an 85-95. It's fun, but it can be slow, tedious or monotonous at time, But overall I enjoy my time on it. :)

XIII
11-24-2003, 08:00 PM
so it is not like in GOTHIC 2:mad2: :shoot

Rostum
11-24-2003, 09:51 PM
All these people keep asking the same question and keep getting the wrong answers it seems. GET OVER IT people, it's Final Fantasy and it's online only... why is everyone still uptight about the monthly fee's? I thought we stopped complaining about that ages ago.

XIII: Of coarse it's not like Gothic 2, because it's FINAL FANTASY, what's the point of copying another game? God man, have some variety.

XIII
11-25-2003, 12:18 PM
NO NO NO I thoughot that wiew is not like in GOTHIC 2

XIII
11-25-2003, 12:56 PM
Hmmmmmmm
But if there is only one way to attack, why does on the screen write : LEFT CILCK TO AUTO ATTACK?

Is not there possibilyti to attack whit first-person wiew?

ANSWER

Ichy
11-25-2003, 02:32 PM
Yeah, you can go into first person mode... which is kinda a hiderance in a game where you need eyes in the back of your head...

What they mean by auto-attack is that once you hit the command to begin the fight your toon will attack repeatedly at intervals based on your weapon's speed and your DEX until either you or the mob is dead. There is no way in this game to each single one of your regular old run of the mill physical malee attacks. Arguing about this is utterly useless, we play the game everyday, we know how the combat system works ;)

ANSWERED :p

Edit: The ":p" looks too friendly...

XIII
11-25-2003, 06:53 PM
So that means that it (FF XI) has same combat sistem like other games (first person)

Flying Mullet
11-25-2003, 06:57 PM
Yes, if you want it to.

Advent Child
11-25-2003, 07:37 PM
Mullet has answered all of your questions about the game, so I'll just rate it.

50/100, tops.

Ouch!
11-25-2003, 10:10 PM
95/100

XIII
11-26-2003, 01:25 PM
Could u please give me some your own pics, when you fight in first person mode!