PDA

View Full Version : please answer. VERY IMPORTANT. ff1

Silkk49505
11-24-2003, 08:51 PM
ok, this may sound stupid. but please tell me how you change your characters over in ff1. i checked everything. i mean like to change a ,,, warrior into a knight. and a white mage into a white something, lol. and wut ever a black belt and a thief turn into, i checked everywhere. no where tells. its like a secret. lmao. or im just slow. so please tell me. ill pay you. lol. i was jokin ya'll dont get to happy. but you will make a friend. ;) . thanks. buh bye

Zifnab
11-24-2003, 09:07 PM
There's a side quest you have to do which can only be done once you got the airship. You have to give the Rat Tail (found in the Temple of Trials or whatever) to Bahamut on one of the islands with the holes in the ground.

Sasquatch
11-25-2003, 05:08 PM
Yeah, you have to wait until you get the Airship. You go the the Temple of Trials, because I guess getting the Rat Tail is supposed to be hard. (You have to bring a prize back from the Temple of Trials to prove your courage, strength, etc.) And then...you'll find out where to bring it.

Warrior-->Knight
Thief-->Ninja
Monk-->Master
Red Mage-->Red Wizard
Black Mage-->Black Wizard
White Mage-->White Wizard

--Knights have all the strengths of the Warrior, plus the ability to cast White Magic spells up to level 3.
--The Thief does get a bigger boost from the Class Change than any other charactre, but it's still no tup to Knight standards. Ninjas use Black Magic spells up to level 4, including the all-important Haste. They also have access to a wider variety of weapons and armors than the Thief.
--What does the Monk get from a class change? A shiny new sprite. Same Monk, new packaging.
--The Red Wizard enjoys a slightly expanded spell list (The Red Wizard can learn spells up to level 7), and can use a few weapons and armors that are prohibited for the Red Mage.
--The White Wizard can learn the entire White Magic spell list, but otherwise is the same as the White Mage.
--The Black Wizard can learn the entire Black Magic spell list, but otherwise is the same as the Black Mage.

^^ Copied right from the "Official Strategy Guide". ;)

Hell, if you want me to, I'll send you the guide. I won't be needing it for the next year and a half.

Enoki
12-12-2003, 02:07 AM
u can actually go to the temple of trials before u get the air ship, i know this because i once parked my canoe somewhere got hopelessly lost and some how happend upon the temple. however its pointless to do this because even if u already have the item that shows ur courage ( i forget what it is, its been ages since i played) u still cant do anything with it till u do get the airship

Kirkpatrick
12-12-2003, 04:53 AM
Except that if you take the ship to the Castle of Ordeals (or Temple of Trials, i suppose), it's quite a short walk to get there, whereas if you take the airship it's a much longer walk.

Mystik_Ninja
12-12-2003, 04:14 PM
Yes, i agree. It is a much shorter walk when you use the canoe to reach the castle instead of the airship. But i don't think that it's a useless excercise. Going early( right after you light the earth orb\crystal and get the canoe ) will allow you to control the awesome power of the zeus gauntlet and healstaff. With these items and a few extra levels from PENOP it is now possible to go on a massive goodie hunt...
1. Waterfall. get the CUBE from the robot, and the goodies from the chest
2. Seashrine. go the the upperfloor, talk to the mermaids, collect the goodies, get the SLAB
3. Melmond. have Unne ;) translate the SLAB for you
4. Lefein. Go get the CHIME.
5. MirageTower. clean out the first two treasure rooms.
6. SkyPalace. if you are brave reenter the Tower and make your way for the 5th floor, now collect the ADAMANT and other goodies laying around
7. DwarfCave. Xcaliber is yours!
Now you are the ultimate power enjoy the spoils of victorty and conquer the remaining 3 fiends and Chaos with impunity.

Kirkpatrick
12-12-2003, 10:41 PM
right after you light the earth orb\crystal and get the canoe

You will still also need to visit the Ice Cave before you go to those places, because you need the airship to get there. Once you do, though, you're right that there's tons of stuff to be done / gotten before you need to take on any more Fiends.