PDA

View Full Version : Radical Dreamers (everybody in! very importent!)

master01
11-25-2003, 02:36 PM
well... i have this friend that loves chrono trigger to... but he's doing a lot more internet search than i do...
anyway, he went to www.rpgplant.com\chrono.com and he found...
another chrono trigger sequel for nintendo\ snes!!!

i tought it was a fake, but after the day he told me about the game, my friend actualy gaved me the game!
and yes, he's for real!

here's the plot:
the game is the second game, he happens few years before chrono cross.
the heros of the game are serge (main hero), kid (i dont have chrono cross and i dont know if they say it there two, but you find out two very importent things on her), and majil (let's see if youll know who is he).

serge, kid and majil get into the viper manor to steal the frozen flame.
(that's the plot without spoilers)

the game is build like a quest, and not like chrono trigger\cross but there is some fights.

the game have 7 endings... (well... once a chrono... allways a chrono... [i ment thet all of the chrono game have more then one possible ending...])

there's not a lot of action, but it still a good game!
(i think it's importent too, but as i sad, i havent play cross).

im sorry that my english sucks.
not much to do about that... sorry...

oh! i forgot!
the bad dude is lynx...

Edit by Kishi: No double-posting.

Stayin Dizzy
11-25-2003, 03:23 PM
the link didn't work for me

master01
11-25-2003, 05:12 PM
try http://dynamic5.gamespy.com/~chrono/newsfiles/news.html

Stayin Dizzy
11-25-2003, 05:50 PM
actually master if you read this link http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/file/radical_dreamers_story.txt you will see that it is not a TRUE sequel just a fun side story. It does explain some of CT and CC and gives some more character development, but none of the Characters in Radical Dreamers are the ones from CC. When Chrono and Co defeated Lavos it caused the time crash creating alternate dimension and radical dreamers takes place in one of those dimensions. When Serge and Co use the chrono cross that dimension ceases to ever exist because they reset the timeline or whatever.

I'm glad you pointed out that site though, its awesome! I found this link from there and it explaines alot of unanswered questions I see in the CT CC forums

Spatvark
11-25-2003, 05:57 PM
Actually, Radical Dreamers takes place in seven of those dimensions. =P

Stayin Dizzy
11-25-2003, 06:07 PM
Let's take a look back through the history gamewise of the series. During the time of 1000 AD, Serge lived in a timeline he should have technically died in. Because of this a future where Lavos won was created, and from Lavos, it spawned chaos across the worlds manufacturing alternate split dimensions in every sector. Suddenly, time traveling was not as important as
dimension traveling. Because of this incident Crono and Co were stopped from succeeding in destroying Lavos during the events in Chrono Trigger. At the same
time it caused the Time Crash, which swallowed up their entire future in one world, and caused chaos in still another. The dimensional split however caused
by the Time Crash, triggered an alternate dimension which does not exist. The setting in which Radical Dreamers is played in, is that dimension. When the Time Crash occurred, a doppelganger of Serge was made in another reality not his own, one where Serge was a thief all his life, and grew up with Kid near the Zenan Mainland. At the same time, another doppelganger was created in the form of Lynx, whom owned a large spacious mansion which was totally different looking then the Viper Manor of today. However, the similiarities still paralleled eachother, things like General Viper, Lucca Ashtear, all of these
things were still set in stone. But the reality of Radical Dreamers was an event, created by the Time Crash, which never even happened. At the end of Chrono Cross when the Chrono Cross itself is used, it causes all of the dimensions and preceeding alternate parallel worlds to unify back into one continuous flow.

master01
11-26-2003, 11:11 AM
actualy... i think it will explain some thing in chrono cross... and there is no sine at the end that cc havent happend after it (in the general ending, when ****spoiler

janus and kid ran away and after some time they meet again.

*end of spoiler)

ForeverZeroUltima
11-29-2003, 11:58 PM
ok...but if it IS real, like master01 says, then can anyone give me a website THAT WE CAN USE THE LINK PROPERLY so that i can download the game?

master01
11-30-2003, 11:14 AM
i dont think there is a site that have this game to download...
but i can try add some picturs to this forum... (if only i knew how to...)

that friend of mine and i wanna open a ct\rd\cc website and put it on the downloads...
but i dont know if will do any good for you (unless you can read hebrew....)

Killy
11-30-2003, 03:24 PM
Here is the link for a working translated Rom (http://chronopics.homestead.com/Files/Radical_Dreamers.zip)

ForeverZeroUltima
12-01-2003, 01:01 AM
hey thanks man. i am a big fan of the Chrono Series (as you can see from my scn, av, and sig), so this will be very fun for me...thanks again!

ForeverZeroUltima
12-06-2003, 09:47 PM
i played through the whole game and i have a few questions now........

1. Why was the game so short?

2. Why the HELL was Lynx's portrait screwed up?

3. Wasn't that Radius in the jail cell?

4. Why was the game in 100% RPG format where you can only make decisions? I saw another version where you move around freely and go through time like in CT.

and 5. Without telling me what the seven different endings were, can you tell me how to get them?

Killy
12-07-2003, 04:26 AM
This post contains spoilers, you have been warned.

1. Why was the game so short?
Because you have to play through the game seven times to get all the endings

2. Why the HELL was Lynx's portrait screwed up?
They decided to change his look for Chrono Cross.

3. Wasn't that Radius in the jail cell?
Yep

4. Why was the game in 100% RPG format where you can only make decisions? I saw another version where you move around freely and go through time like in CT.
Thats how they made the game. I dont know what you saw, but that wasnt Radical Dreamers

and 5. Without telling me what the seven different endings were, can you tell me how to get them?
Play the game again.

Doomgaze
12-07-2003, 07:00 AM
Radical Dreamers was delivered over the internet on some Super Famicom modem thing. That's why it's so short and graphically unimpressive.

The only other game like that I can think of of the top of my head is a remake of Zelda 1.

master01
12-07-2003, 11:10 AM
Play the game again.

that's true, after you finished the game once, the littelest thing you do in start change the whole story.