PDA

View Full Version : <Leveling Up Situation>

Lil Mage
11-25-2003, 05:34 PM
Ok. I'm on the 3rd disc and at the point in the game where I can enter the crater. But I dont want to enter the crater. I need to know some of the best places to level up so I can destroy the weapons and get all my characters to level 99. So? What is the best place to get EXP, and what is a better place to get AP? Thank Ya'll

Flying Mullet
11-25-2003, 05:45 PM
The best place for AP is actually inside the crater (Yes, you can leave the crater so it's a great place to level up). There is a swampy type place in the crater with mud walls and lots of water. There you will find Movers which give you loads of AP (around 2,000 I believe) and Magic Pots will give you 1,000 AP (If you give them an Elixir). If you really want to fight outside of the crater though, around Mideel is the best place that you can fight, earning 300-400 AP per battle.

Strider
11-25-2003, 06:27 PM
Either way, it might be a good idea to use the weapons that triple your AP amounts: Scimitar and Apocalypse.

DocFrance
11-25-2003, 10:42 PM
Not to mention Yuffie's Rising Sun (steal it from Diamond Weapon), which has double growth, four materia slots, and a pretty decent attack power.

Lil Mage
11-27-2003, 03:50 AM
How do I get out of the crater? I keep sliding down and cant figure out how to get back to the out side?

HELP NEED TO MOVE ON!

Cloud_Strife
11-27-2003, 08:17 AM
Well, first, what level are you now?

My first time that I beat FFVII, I was Lv. 56. So just goes to show what you can do with such low levels.

TheSpoonyBard
11-27-2003, 09:38 PM
How do I get out of the crater? I keep sliding down and cant figure out how to get back to the out side?
On the second screen after landing the Highwind in the Cater (the one with the big spiral) you will see a cavern in the north side of the wall. Go through this entrance and you will emerge halfway up the cliff you initially slid down. Run a little to the right, then straight up. You'll eventually return to the Highwind.

blue_midget192
11-27-2003, 09:44 PM
thats my same situation! it annoying int it! :) u are not alon emy friend

TheSpoonyBard
11-27-2003, 10:22 PM
I know I shouldn't admit this, but once I reach the Crater I use a cheat cartridge to gain huge amounts of EXP each battle. I like being on Lv. 99, but it takes too much time to get there normally. I only use the cartridge once I get to the Crater, not before, as that would spoil the game, and nobody wants a game as good as this spoilt, do they?