PDA

View Full Version : FFIV translations...Which one is better?

edczxcvbnm
11-26-2003, 06:29 PM
WHICH ONE WAS BETTER?!?!??!?!?!?!? The original FFII super nintendo version or the redone PSX version?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Better doesn't have to mean more accurate to the original text. Just which one you liked more.

blue_midget192
11-26-2003, 06:50 PM
dude, im confused. u put FFIV and seem to mean FF IV but twice you put FFII:
The original FFII super nintendo version and in ur poll:
FFII on the Super Nintendo

edczxcvbnm
11-26-2003, 06:53 PM
The true FFII was on NES not SNES.

It was just called FFII on SNES when it first came out here in the states.

blue_midget192
11-26-2003, 06:55 PM
k, but why have u put FF II in the middle of all the "which FF IV translation is better?"

edczxcvbnm
11-26-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by blue_midget192
k, but why have u put FF II in the middle of all the "which FF IV translation is better?"

Originally posted by edczxcvbnm
It was just called FFII on SNES when it first came out here in the states.

Dalkaen
11-26-2003, 11:53 PM
And wouldn't FFIV Fan Translation and FFIV On Emulator be the same thing?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-27-2003, 01:04 AM
The PS translation for FFChronicles is the best. It's not perfect, but it's neither as stupidly incomprehensible as the original SNES translation nor as stupidly innacurate and vulgar as the J2e ROM translation.

Bahamut2000X
11-27-2003, 02:15 AM
I agree with Kishi. The PSX version was much better. They didn't censor thigns out (I want my holy and death spells.) I also foudn the plot of the game to be presented better in the PSX version because the translators wern't forced to make it G rated but were allowed to translate it the way it should be.

DocFrance
11-27-2003, 06:31 PM
J2e's may have been overly-vulgar, but it did have some great lines, particularly between Rydia and Edge

Cid: What's wrong, Rydia? Has he been feeling up your ass?
Rydia: No, but he's been scratching his own.

TheAbominatrix
11-29-2003, 12:20 AM
Yeah, the PSX version is good. I learned so much more when I played it... like I didnt know the King had raised Cecil and all that. FFII left so much out.

Where can I get this J2e version? It'd be interesting to play, regardless of its accuracy.

matt_in_the_hat
11-29-2003, 02:35 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the j2e translation also the harder version, unlike the easier North American one we got? I'm guessing the j2e translation comes from the original japanese game and therefore is the harder game. I remember learning a lot more playing the harder one just because the easy one censored out most of the plot... what a stupid thing to do. Change the text a little but don't play with the story like that. Sheesh.

edczxcvbnm
12-03-2003, 03:21 PM
I KNEW IT! I am the only one who likes the care free feel of the original version in the states. The PSX version was much more serious feeling and the super version had a care free feel to it.

I like the care free feel of the game.