PDA

View Full Version : Vegnagun >:\

eternalshiva
11-28-2003, 12:22 PM
Ok, who else thought Vegnagun was a close second to LAME ARSE Yu Yevon? *The FIRST TIME around*

I walked all over him. I was equiped with Berserker, Trainer and Dark Knight and whipped him so hard he went home crying. AND I was at level 70...

Shuyin was in the middle of his third sentence and the thing croaked and I was like *WTF that's it? This 20 SCREEN MONSTER is getting its arse kicked by a monkey? sheesh* (Rikku's Trainer sphere)

What do you think and what did you use to beat him the first time around?

FInalfantasyfinatic4
11-29-2003, 03:48 AM
i was a lil disapointed with vegnagun but it was a rough battle. o and this is a lil ooc but do you thing that there will be a sequel to this sequel?

i bet him with:
yuna: guner
pain:warrior
rikku';berserk

Kupo
11-29-2003, 02:07 PM
It was super easy to beat Vegnagun-- I had a much harder time on other side-quest fiends, like the one in the desert after you do the cactuar mission! The only thing that made Vegnagun a little harder to beat was if you went after the color nodes while attacking the leg. But you know what? The voices that played during the battle made up for the total lack of uh.... battle-ness. When Jecht said "Good girl, youre almost there!!" I was like, "Thank you, Jecht! I'm trying for you!!" :moggie:

eternalshiva
11-29-2003, 03:38 PM
yeah! That was pretty cool to hear Auron and Jecht telling her to keep it up >.<! The fiends in Bevelle Temple (the 100 level one) and the Bikanel desert were super hard!

Nah I don't think there will be a sequel, that would be overkill ;p

Radje
11-30-2003, 07:30 PM
Couldn't mark even your minor spoilers could you? ^.^ Just trying to keep from knowing about the later game.

Vaprice
12-01-2003, 12:18 AM
There will be a sequel....atleast thats what Ive heard.

FInalfantasyfinatic4
12-01-2003, 01:25 AM
i hope the sequel will be more longer and get a better storyline. and more charcters.

eternalshiva
12-01-2003, 08:51 AM
lol Radje!

Considering the title of the Thread is called VEGNAGUN, the END BOSS, I didn't think I needed to put a poilers thing in there but if a cid's knight or mod is on the thread *could you please add the word spoiler in the title?* thankies!

Cyn
12-17-2003, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by demonsdragon
There will be a sequel....atleast thats what Ive heard.

According to Square-Enix, there won't be a X-3.

listentomystory
05-21-2004, 05:08 PM
i used the clever tactic of having yuna with the gunner dress sphere with cat knip attached can anyone say 13x9999 damage with level 3 trigger happy he he

Seryn Kai
05-24-2004, 10:05 AM
I'd rate Vegnagun as the 2nd hardest end boss ever, after Breath of Fire 3's Myria. Vegnagun was a challenging opponent, and I really enjoyed our fight, although it was easy to outsmart him and Shuyin with a combo of a HP doubling garment grid gate (I forget the name of the grid) and Rikku's Machina Maw mecha garment, capable of taking out one part of Vegnagun in under 45 minuites.

aeris2001x2
05-25-2004, 09:41 PM
lol u cant count yu yevon as the last boss since its impossible to die on it at all. its really braskas final aeon.

but yeah vegengun/shuyin is the easiest last boss ever. i once heard some onesay u could beat vegnegun at the start of the game if hewas the first boss. i doubt that but it would not take much lving, maybe by end of chapter 2?

Ultima Shadow
05-25-2004, 09:51 PM
One singel word: pathetic!!!!!!! *Laugh so much i can hardly breath* what a joke.

SeeDRankLou
05-25-2004, 10:19 PM
Yeah, Vegnagun was excessively easy. That hardest part was the tail, and that wasn't very hard at all. I think that they should have made the number of times Shuyin speaks 3 instead of 7. Or maybe depending on what level you are at, the game could have dictated how many times Shuyin speaks. Like if you are at level 99 Shuyin will fire Vegnagun on his second speaking, something like that. That would have been a bit more challenging.

Seryn Kai, what would you consider the hardest last boss ever?

Seryn Kai
05-27-2004, 12:55 PM
SeedRankLou- The hardest end boss was Breath of Fire III's Myria. She was truthfully difficult, now that I saw your reply to my super boss thread message I see the flaw in my 'Gun strategy.

eternalshiva
05-27-2004, 03:01 PM
omg xD thread revival xD And its been confirmed that there will no longer be a third X, it was supposed to be about Rikku but they nixed it.

SeeDRankLou
05-27-2004, 08:19 PM
SeedRankLou- The hardest end boss was Breath of Fire III's Myria. She was truthfully difficult, now that I saw your reply to my super boss thread message I see the flaw in my 'Gun strategy.

Yes, she was rather difficult. I just recently experienced my most difficult ending boss, and that was Skeith from .hack/INFECTION. That took every ounce of strategy I had, and I came close to defeat an uncountable amount of times.

And really, what would FFX-3 be about? The existence of Vegnagun was hinted at in FFX, and I see how they worked the story around that. I don't see a possible bad guy/machina in FFX-3. It would be interesting to see what the would do though.

Ultima Shadow
05-27-2004, 08:37 PM
No please! Not another one! FFX= Good, FFX2= Bad. If they made a third one it migth be EVEN WORSE than FFX2. What a shame for poor old FFX.
But fortunately they won't make a third one. :D

TasteyPies
05-27-2004, 08:40 PM
And really, what would FFX-3 be about? The existence of Vegnagun was hinted at in FFX, and I see how they worked the story around that. I don't see a possible bad guy/machina in FFX-3. It would be interesting to see what the would do though.

Rikku becomes evil and corrupts the machine faction to take over the world.

Lord Xehanort
05-27-2004, 08:47 PM
2 Dark Knights used only Darkness to hitt all 3 parts of head.
1 Alchemist with Stash Mega-Potion to recover 2000 HP every turn

Vegnagun didn't seem to understand that if he killed Rikku (Alchemist) my party would fall.

eternalshiva
05-28-2004, 01:36 PM
lol me too, My alchemist the second time around was my life line but he ignored her xD

EtherealShadow
05-30-2004, 06:19 AM
Um... Wow. I read this thread a while ago, and that made me want to go finish the game (which I had left at the beginning of Chapter five for, oh, two months or so), and... That. Was. Stupid. I was surprised that the tail was so easy; after the leg and head, I sat staring, open-mouthed and in complete disbelief that I was killing this thing so easily. And when Shuyin fell over all of a sudden after four turns, I started laughing. Berserker Yuna with counterattack, Alchemist Rikku, and DarkKnight Paine. I swear, Yuna probably could have done it all by herself with her attack and counter XD

haravikk
06-02-2004, 03:24 PM
I'll put it this way;
When I decided I wanted to see the bad ending, I had to TRY to lose. Normal attacks kicked the ass of this disappointment! And I was at about level 40 or thereabouts!

They seemed to have the end-boss backwards in these two games. IMO more of the storyline bosses should be easier and get progressively harder till the point that to beat them you have to be high levels. That way you go down a load of the little side-stories before reaching the end boss. Having a few near impossible side-stories is fine but the end-boss should encourage you to do the side-missions before you try to take it on.

Rather than reaching the end and thinking; "WTF was that? It's over?!" in very little time at all without finding many of the side-missions by myself at all.

Cloudane
06-03-2004, 06:49 PM
I put it down to the light-hearted style of the game.

Vegnagun was the easiest end-boss I've ever faced, without a doubt :p I almost fell over laughing. Even something like Air Buster from FF7 lived longer than that :D

As for some of the sidequest bosses though, they were darned hard. I needed an FAQ of all things for some of the ones in that 100-level dungeon.

Seryn Kai
06-04-2004, 09:30 PM
I'm going to start X-2 again sooner or later so I can get Tidus back for real, so I'd like to see Vegnagun as the joke he really is while I'm at it. I can't wait.

aeris2001x2
06-05-2004, 12:58 AM
i think Trema should have been the last boss. but then there would be lots of moaning that the last boss was too hard(even though hes pretty easy anyway).

gokufusionss1
06-07-2004, 04:55 PM
in ffVII i was stuck on the final boss for six months,
IN FFVII ultimetcia took an hour battle to beat
VEGNAGUN TOOK 4 MINUTES AND 13 HITS NO MAGIC NO SPECIAL ABILITES HITS WHAT A WASTE OF TIME. sorry i've been angry about this since i finished the game and didn't even get the good ending.

Cloudane
06-07-2004, 05:59 PM
If you want a challenge, get to that Bevelle dungeon :)

eternalshiva
06-07-2004, 06:28 PM
And the Angry what-do-you-me-call-it in Bikanel Desert O_O' That was a hard fight.

Cloudane
06-07-2004, 11:35 PM
I took the cheesy way on that one... by that time I'd already been through the Bevelle dungeon and just did the CatNip/Gunner thing, he was dead in about 5 seconds :p

Will have to try it properly next time.

The_Princess
06-08-2004, 12:14 PM
If you're levelled up properly, you can walk all over Vegnagun laughing. I had a Dark Knight, a White Mage and a Warrior and breezed right through Vegnagun.

Remember.To.Breathe
06-22-2004, 05:45 AM
Ok, I beat him when all my people had levels that were in the 40s.....go figure. My strategy guide said you should have them to at least 65... :confused: Ah well, I just finished the game today but I had only 81%...so I only got the "Common & Good" Ending. :mad2:

chichi
06-22-2004, 10:48 AM
I went into the fight with Vegnagun expecting to need to use my catnip, but I didn't need it once as Vegnagun was really easy. Even though it would of been nice to have a little bit more of a challenge with the last boss, you don't want it too hard so that it is almost impossible to get the ending, especially after playing the game for hours.

Yuripa007
07-19-2004, 07:46 PM
i bet him with:
yuna: guner
pain:warrior
rikku';berserk

I'm not there yet, but you don't need a white mage or an Alchemist to beat it? What level were you on?

Triple T
07-19-2004, 10:03 PM
I was laughing while facing Vegnagun... Well, level 99 does have its advantages, no? :aimwink:

I'm not there yet, but you don't need a white mage or an Alchemist to beat it? What level were you on?

Auto-Potion, or Speed Bracer+Maga Potions. It's easy defeating bosses with the proper equipment+abilities.

ninja-yuffie
07-21-2004, 10:57 AM
OMG I AM ASHAMED THE FIRST TIME I BEAT HIM AND TOTALLY KLLED HIM INTO THE GROUND BUT I GOT MASACERD WHEN I HAD TO DO HIS FOOT ON MY SECOND SLOT......NORMALLY ITS BAD ON THE FIRST AND GOOOD ON THE SECONG BUT IT SEEMS NOT....

GhandiOwnsYou
07-21-2004, 07:47 PM
yeah, this was a wicked weak boss. and i've got you all stomped. in my latest stomp-fest, i slapped him about vigorously at level 48! thanks to a few playthroughs, i had a few iron dukes and one of toblis little "double everything" items.

Yuripa007
07-21-2004, 08:35 PM
Auto-Potion, or Speed Bracer+Maga Potions. It's easy defeating bosses with the proper equipment+abilities.

Thanks a lot for the tip to beat Vegnagun. I'm actually afraid of it ^^;;;;;; But now that you guys say it was mainly a dissapointment, I'm not. Do you have to fight Shuyin any time?

ninja-yuffie
07-23-2004, 05:14 PM
shuyin was really easy i beat him first time round in a couple of hits when it woz all over i was like WTF that was easy....

Yuripa007
07-23-2004, 09:12 PM
Oh really? Wow. So he's pretty much a wimp?

aeris2001x2
07-23-2004, 09:53 PM
yes he is a wimp.this is by far the easiest last boss in FF history IMO.

and i,ve beat all except ffIII(and no one has ever called DarkCloud easy)

black orb
07-24-2004, 07:06 AM
>>> Vegnagun is now officially the worst final boss ever..

Yuripa007
07-28-2004, 10:46 PM
Okee dokee! Thanks a lot!

SeeDRankLou
07-28-2004, 11:33 PM
>>> Vegnagun is now officially the worst final boss ever..

Not the worst, just the easiest. It looks cool. It makes scary noises. It had Leblanc wimpering. Yuna and company are just uber like that.

d20{fx}
07-29-2004, 03:23 AM
Man, after the first time i did it again 2 see how long it takes me with budget grenades and bomb pieces.
Shuyin got to bout 5th sentence b4 it died.

chu52
07-29-2004, 03:40 AM
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Rand Al'Tor
07-31-2004, 10:49 PM
Well the weapon's a THOUSAND year old, give it a break. Warranty has long since expired. And it was still sleepy.

Vegnagun *in the farplane for Machines, talking to other robots*: Yeah well, those three girls would have been pancakes in the old day! Did I tell ya they made me to crush Sin? I'd have made the big bal of water go splat if they had let me! Bah! So I'd have killed everyone else too. Haven't they heard of collateral damage! But NOOOO! I get used by some lovestruck Blitzball player who then gets OUT to get shot with his girl and then spend the next THOUSAND YEAR sleeping, only to be woken by that BLITZBALL player, ALS a thousand year old, possessing some other guy! I'd like to see Sephiroth or Ultimecia fight against a bunch of heroes after a 1000 year nap! And they got help! Those misiles from Gippaml REALLY hurt! If he hadn't done that I'd have wiped them out.

*cries*

I just wanna be loved....

aeris2001x2
07-31-2004, 10:52 PM
well in ffX Penance was also a Beville Machina that had done nothing for 1000 years. but it managed 2 be the hardest boss in history :D

Ultima Shadow
08-01-2004, 12:13 AM
The story never tell anything about Penance... how do you know that?
Maybe he was a childs toy... and suddenly one day, the child who ownd Penance didn't want to play... and that made Penance soooooo sad. :cry: And then Penance wanted revenge and.... erm... or maybe not...

Oh, and did you know there is an RPG boss who actually is pretty close to the hardness level of Penance? :eek:

aeris2001x2
08-01-2004, 12:17 AM
well i,ll have 2 buy this golden sun 2. i have a gamecube and gameboy player so i,ll pick it up cheap and give it a buzz. what is it called?

oh an penance being bevilles hardest machina is the only logical explanation i can come up with.

Ultima Shadow
08-01-2004, 12:29 AM
His name is Dullahan. He's kinda like a mix of Penance and Ozma. He attacks 3 times in a row (Ozmas speed). He have an Death attack that's just like Ozmas death spell (can miss). He have some not very powerfull attacks (like Ozma). He have an attack that can lead to instant death(Ozma). He have a very high amount of hp (Penance). He have high stats (Penance). He can make your characters weak as crap! (Penance have something that casts all the breaks). Well, this ain't about FFX or golden sun... so, yea. Oh, and one more thing... play Golden sun 1 first.

Linus J
08-01-2004, 03:04 PM
I was lvl45 first time through and didn't have berserker or alchemist. Beat vegnagun, no real problem, but on Shuyin all my rounds were spent on throwing life, phoenix down and mega phoenix, I died pretty quick.
Replayed, put everybody on the spheregrid that gives defense and magic defense bonuses, and replaced ribbon with some other stuff giving defense. got pretty easy then.

Rand Al'Tor
08-01-2004, 04:26 PM
I had some problems near the end when Vegnagun started spewing status effects EVERY BLOODY TURN (Mors Certem I think) until I made Yuna gunner and she trigger happied, killing him despite being blind.

Also spend some time trying to kill the lights on the feet. Yeah I'm dumb...

Pine
08-02-2004, 01:32 AM
At first, I was a bit nervous, because I thought he would be a super-hard boss, but when I started to beat him little by litte, it became rather simple, really. So, I would say he really isn't that difficult, but not easy neither.

Auron-
08-09-2004, 01:26 AM
yeah! That was pretty cool to hear Auron and Jecht telling her to keep it up >.<! The fiends in Bevelle Temple (the 100 level one) and the Bikanel desert were super hard!

Nah I don't think there will be a sequel, that would be overkill ;p

why what happen to Jecht and Auron? Where are they in X-2?

SeeDRankLou
08-09-2004, 01:44 AM
why what happen to Jecht and Auron? Where are they in X-2?

Auron is at the Farplane, because Yuna sent him at the end of FFX. Jecht became the fayth of Braska's final aeon, and Yuna and company killed his aeon at the end of FFX. And when that aeon was defeated, Jecht perished with it, so Jecht is probably at the Farplane as well.

SpiritWolf
08-12-2004, 01:20 AM
He was pretty easy except for his head for me. That part gave me a lot of trouble but other than that he was really easy.

Yuripa007
09-05-2004, 07:48 AM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEK! Thanks to you guys I wasn't afraid of Vegnagun *I was* and I went to him... AND I BEAT THE GAME! Thank you thank you thank you thank you!

Shadow_Talon
10-09-2004, 09:17 AM
Vegnagun was a joke....here i am freting that it wa gunna totally kick my a$$, and i knocke him down with 2 dark knights and one White mage (of which the white mage did stuff all)....and instantly thought, "is that it?", there were definatly harder boses, like whoseymefluff at bikanel (u know the guy, after the cactuar mission) and paragon and trema in Via Infinito. little disappointing sein as the entire game before hand led up to a what could have been an exciting battle. :shame:

ninja-yuffie
10-09-2004, 10:26 AM
ok WTF???? tht was soooo easy and as for shuyin....... *tuts* WHAT ARE THEY THINKING???

eternalshiva
10-16-2004, 05:10 AM
Auron is at the Farplane, because Yuna sent him at the end of FFX. Jecht became the fayth of Braska's final aeon, and Yuna and company killed his aeon at the end of FFX. And when that aeon was defeated, Jecht perished with it, so Jecht is probably at the Farplane as well.

They speak at the end of the game while Yuna is kicking the crap out of stuff... also there's a memory of the three buds camping out in the ruins of Zanarkand before they died... so you get to see their final night out... which is kinda sad ;_; so that's how you get your Jecht, Braska and Auron thing filled up in Shinra's log thing. :P

SeeDRankLou
10-16-2004, 08:09 PM
They speak at the end of the game while Yuna is kicking the crap out of stuff... also there's a memory of the three buds camping out in the ruins of Zanarkand before they died... so you get to see their final night out... which is kinda sad ;_; so that's how you get your Jecht, Braska and Auron thing filled up in Shinra's log thing. :P
That didn't make it happen for me. Of course, there are some songs in the sphere theater that didn't come up when they were suppose to, so there's very possibly something wrong with my game disc. It's a little thing though, I won't spazz. :D

Craig
10-17-2004, 12:12 PM
Cat nip.
Trigger Happy.
;)

abrojtm
10-17-2004, 06:25 PM
i used the clever tactic of having yuna with the gunner dress sphere with cat knip attached can anyone say 13x9999 damage with level 3 trigger happy he he
Same.
In new game + I had 2

11-11-2004, 09:27 AM
I killed him with one Trigger Happy Lv.3 (CATNIP!!!!!)