PDA

View Full Version : PuPu

BraSkAs_FiNAl_AeoN
11-28-2003, 06:46 PM
I beat the game a few years ago but i forgot how to get to pupu and forgot what you get .

Maxico
11-28-2003, 07:33 PM
you get pupu by seeing 4 flying sausers and blowing it up in the cliffs near traibier (sp?). You then go to the crater where balamb garden was and walk around it. you'll fight pupu and if you give him some elixers you get his card that can be turned into an item that teaches devour.

Cz
11-28-2003, 10:34 PM
I think it works something like this, but my memory is extremely fuzzy.

Keep getting in to random battles around Winhill until PuPu appears. Then, do the same on Mandy Beach (South East of Timber), then again in the Kashkabald Desert (North of the Cactuar Island). Then you go to Grandidi Forest and find him again.

Finally, visit the crater around Balamb to fight him.

Spatvark
11-28-2003, 11:00 PM
I have a suspicion about the Pupu battles actually in that they're not random whatsoever. I personally believe that they're tied in to a specific piece of ground within the correct section.

Also, once you meet Pupu face-to-face, that's your only chance to get his card so you better have 5 elixirs on you. If you don't have it on you then, you cannot find Pupu again later if you run away.

Zifnab
11-28-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Black Mage 121
Keep getting in to random battles around Winhill until PuPu appears. Then, do the same on Mandy Beach (South East of Timber), then again in the Kashkabald Desert (North of the Cactuar Island). Then you go to Grandidi Forest and find him again.
You can actually encounter the UFO battles with Enc-None equipped. Sometimes you get them as soon as you enter the area with that.

Spatvark
11-29-2003, 01:12 AM
Which further goes to prove my idea about it being a specific spot on the ground, that once walked on triggers the close encounter of the first kind =P

Cz
11-29-2003, 10:06 AM
That certainly makes sense. I remember fighting dozens of monsters in the Kashkabald Desert and finding nothing, then moving to a new part of the desert and discovering PuPu straight away.

soulICE
11-29-2003, 04:20 PM
Keep getting in to random battles around Winhill until PuPu appears. Then, do the same on Mandy Beach (South East of Timber), then again in the Kashkabald Desert (North of the Cactuar Island)

there's a fourth spot where you have to encounter the UFO before going to the forest, its a small island right around the northern peninsula on the right side of trabia, past the garden and chocobo forest (i believe). you can only get to it using the ragnarok.

once you go to all four spots, then you can go to grandidi forest, the area around the chocobo forest there, and well, everyone knows the rest :)

Peegee
12-06-2003, 09:31 AM
Incidentally since Eden gives you devour (I think), you can do the PuPu quest, and when he asks for an Elixer, punish the lil' leeching critter by unleashing a lionheart/armaggedon fist on him.

Yay. ^_^

selphie666
01-31-2004, 05:30 PM
I'm pretty much just repeating what everyone else said, but what the easiest thing to do is to equip enc-none on one of the characters (although, finding the spaceships is considered an encounter) and wander around the Winhill area until you get into a battle and a spaceship will appear carrying an object. Then you go and wander around Mandy Beach and Kashkabald Desert and the same thing will happen. (I believe, on one of the encounters, the spaceship will be carrying a cow :/) You don't have to go to the penninsula that soulICE mentioned if you don't have the Ragnarok, but you HAVE to if you do have the Ragnarok (That is, if I remember this correctly). THEN you go to the Grandidi Forest and find PuPu. Make sure you have five elixirs with you and someone has equipped the Item command as PuPu will keep asking for elixirs and you will have to cast elixir on him. After you do, he will give you the PuPu card and... I can't remember if you have to beat him or he just runs away. I seem to remember him running away after he gave up his card.