PDA

View Full Version : Whats the deal with 'sis'?!

Squall Leonheart
11-29-2003, 10:12 PM
hey guys, hows it goin? i havent posted here in a while. i replayed it (again) and whats the deal with Ellone who imho is squalls 1/2 sister beeing called 'sis' by the orphanige(sp?) gang? what are your thoughts?:o

Rostum
11-29-2003, 10:53 PM
She was basically like a sister to all the orphans. Simple as that, they all looked up to her, although Squall is her true brother.

Mo-Nercy
11-30-2003, 01:28 AM
Actually, Squall and Ellone aren't related. In the beginning of disc 2, you may remember Laguna talking to Ellones parents through a photo (cuz they're dead.) Raine just took Ellone under her wing.

Rostum
11-30-2003, 01:40 AM
I just assume Raine adopted Ellone, therefor making Squall her brother.

selphie666
12-16-2003, 12:54 AM
I didn't even find out that Squall is Laguna's son till recently and I still am not sure if it's true.

Squall04
12-16-2003, 04:24 AM
It was my understanding that Ellone was Raine's daughter by someone other than Laguna.

fire_of_avalon
12-16-2003, 05:37 AM
Well, this is the way I always understood it: Raine knew Ellone's parents and had promised to take care of her. Laguna comes to the village wounded, is healed by Raine, they become similar to a family. Sometime later, Raine is having a kid, we assume to be Laguna's since they seemed to have a thing going on. However, Laguna, after hearing what Raine thought of him after he and Kiros returned from a monster hunt, leaves Ellone and Raine. Raine dies during childbirth. We are never made aware who this child is. It may very well be Squall, but Squall's past is never delved into beyond the orphanage. Regardless of any of this, we know that Ellone is sent to Matron's orphanage where she becomes like an older sister to all of the other main characters (besides Rinoa). But now that I'm thinking about it, it would make sense that Squall was Laguna and Raine's child.....except for the fact that he finds Laguna repellent, hehe.

EDIT: Yes, me the jackass decided to read the FAQ thread just after this one. I suggest everyone read read it first, so as not to make the same mistake as me. xD

ShivaBlizzard8
12-20-2003, 10:47 PM
Very true. There is really no contest as to the identity of Squall's parents. The story doesn't make sense otherwise. :p As for the rest:

Well, this is the way I always understood it: Raine knew Ellone's parents and had promised to take care of her.
Pretty much. I believe Ellone's parents were Raine's neighbors, and were killed/died/whatever. Raine became Ellone's guardian.

Sometime later, Raine is having a kid, we assume to be Laguna's since they seemed to have a thing going on. However, Laguna, after hearing what Raine thought of him after he and Kiros returned from a monster hunt, leaves Ellone and Raine.
That's not true - Laguna and Raine DO have a thing going on - but its AFTER Kiros' arrival. At that point the two aren't sure what they are. But before Laguna leaves, the "thing" they have going on is MARRIAGE. Laguna proposes to Raine before leaving Winhill, hence the scene in the ending FMV. Whether he knew Raine was pregnant or not at this point is debatable, but I believe the assumption is that he did not. Also, Laguna leaves because Ellone is kidnapped by Estharian soldiers, who have been ordered by Adel to search for 5-year old girls. He leaves with Kiros on a mission to rescue her.

In the course of saving Ellone, Laguna manages to entrap Adel and end the Sorceress War, becoming President of Esthar. Tied up with his duties, he sends Ellone home to Raine, not realizing that she has died in childbirth.

When Ellone arrives at Winhill, the townspeople send her to the same orphage that they sent Raine's baby - Squall. Squall's last name isn't "Loire" because the people of Winhill hated Laguna, so they gave him Raine's maiden name - Leonheart. Obviously, Laguna has a ton of regrets over how all this turned out.

Anyways, hoped that cleared some of it up. :p