PDA

View Full Version : Looks like this is going to be another skimpily dressed game

darkchrono
11-30-2003, 10:04 AM
In fact in the interview they had with the developers they even mentioned how little clothing some of the characters seemed to be wearing.

Lol, think how revealing some of the characters for PS3 games will be if they are doing this kind of thing for PS2.

Lol, I know, instead of having all these half naked beach babes and boys in their games. They need to start having their characters looking like overweight heart attack waiting to happen lazy bumbs.

TheAbominatrix
11-30-2003, 10:21 AM
Lets see... was there an FF game where everyone, regardless of grapics, was covered completly? If there was, I must have missed it.

And yes, i really would like to see a game where I can play some out of shape guy who cant do a damn thing because he cant move around for long without a breather.

Wait.. no, I wouldnt.

Loony BoB
11-30-2003, 01:56 PM
*shrugs* What do you expect? They want to have attractive people as characters (or at least predominantly). It's only sensible, really. I don't see the big deal.

darkchrono
11-30-2003, 06:14 PM
lol, i know. It was funny in ff10 though when not only were the characters made to be attractive. But some of the female characters were wearing bikinni underwear as pants.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-30-2003, 10:31 PM
No, I don't think so.

Ouch!
11-30-2003, 10:35 PM
If you're talkin' about X-2, then yes, Rikku does wear bikini underwear. You can see it comin' out from that 'skirt', if you can call such a small piece of clothing a skirt. Either way, it's rather disturbing, and in no way funny.

TheAbominatrix
12-01-2003, 12:02 AM
What about all the SNES sprites wearing oufits that looked like bathing suits? Like I said, it's no different, just more detailed because the graphics are better.

darkchrono
12-01-2003, 02:25 AM
Actually I was talking about the first ff10. And one of the main ones I recall who they designed to which it seemed below the waist she had a very skimpy type of underwear on and not much else (it was one of the other summonder's on her pilgramage along with Yuna(though I can't recall her name)). And again at the very end their was a character who had what looked like a bikinni as a uniform.

Abominatrix maybe even with the older games they tried with the best of their ability to add in alot of physical beauty to the characters. That is allright. The problem arrives when they go beyond showing good looking characters and start promoting sex symbols.

When they begin displaying kinky underwear on their characters either all the way or even partially they are no longer trying to display just good graphics. At that point they are obviously trying to turn the characters they made into sexual objects.

And I feel that since these developers know that extremely young children will be getting their hands on these games. They need to quit focusing in on which methods will bring in the most cash. And start focusing in on maintaining a certain level of morality in their games.

Showing signs of sex in video games is alot worse than showing blood and guts and killing in video games I think. Because when people show characters getting shot in a game they know that is fake and they know it is something they would never actually do. But sex is something that everyone wants to do and at some point will do. And it is something that children will have a more difficult time separating from the real world. And they will begin viewing women and people in general as what they saw in the video game.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-01-2003, 02:29 AM
Violence is better than sex? Sure.

And Dona, the character to whom you're referring, wears a dress. "Not much else," huh?

darkchrono
12-01-2003, 02:40 AM
yeah sex is worse than violence in a video game. Because when you see violence you can brush it off as just a game. But can you really brush off signs of sex in it as just being a game.

TheAbominatrix
12-01-2003, 06:24 AM
Sounds like just lame whining to me. No offense, but it does. Everyone's going on and on about everything, we nit pick every little thing to death. Who cares if they're scantily clad? I sure don't. And the people that do... well, then just don't play the games.

How did they try to add a lot of 'physical beauty'? So if Rikku was dressed the same way as she is in X-2, yet in FFVI style graphics, it would just be an effort to add beauty, not sex? That doesnt make sense to me. FF characters from the very beginning have worn next to nothing. Lenna's (Reina, whatever) sprite. Adult Rydia's sprite. Terra. Celes. All their clothes were like bathing suits, yet when a character in better graphics does the same, it's whorish and Square is trying to work sex into the games. That just makes no sense. What about Kidd in CC? Or Tifa? Or Selphie? Or Ayla from CT? What about all these barely dressed characters. Why is it a big deal now if it wasnt then?

Sex is everywhere in our society. Personally, if you cant look at a cartoon or video game character as just that, and you're reading to much into them and whatnot, you made need to step away from the PS2 and go watch real half-naked women gyrate.

Edit: and besides, you think this is bad? Japan is a very open society. They have specific hotels for discreet sexual encounters, and vending machines that dispense used panties, to name a few things. These games we get over here are pretty tame.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-01-2003, 06:42 AM
Score one for Ash.

darkchrono
12-01-2003, 07:10 AM
maybe they are tame by japanese standards. But does that necessarily make it ok for them to do it.

Yes sex is everywhere in society. And that is why there are so many unwanted pregnanies, so many unwanted children, so many sexually transmitted diseases, so many failing marriages, and so many marriages who have already failed. And the way they are making the video games it just throws younger and younger children into the fire before they even have a chance to be shown what they should go after and what they should stay away from.

Maybe your morals aren't extremely high Abominatrix and you don't think there is anything wrong with them creating characters in games who show off their underwear (saying it is just the way society is) and then sale those games to 10 year olds.

And also Abominatrix, back in the old days they did not have the ability to really show anything other than a little deformed character so they did not really have the ability to show off any of their characters. So therefore even if they tried to make Rikku back then in a little sprite character they would not have been able to add any detail so the whole sprite thing doesn't add up.

But now they do have the ability to show off their characters and they seem to be trying to go the distance and then some to do it.

And there is nothing wrong with the way they made Kid, or anybody else from CC or any of the other characters you mentioned. Because the difference between them and some of the PS2 characters is they were never showing any undergarments. Rikku and many of the other characters from the games they are making an obvious effort to show off those parts.

So that is why it seems they are trying to turn those characters into sexual objects.

They could design their characters to be just like Kidd, or somebody else. But they are taking it one step further than that. And they need to take into account who is playing these games before they add in that extra step.

TheAbominatrix
12-01-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by darkchrono
maybe they are tame by japanese standards. But does that necessarily make it ok for them to do it.

Yes sex is everywhere in society. And that is why there are so many unwanted pregnanies, so many unwanted children, so many sexually transmitted diseases, so many failing marriages, and so many marriages who have already failed. And the way they are making the video games it just throws younger and younger children into the fire before they even have a chance to be shown what they should go after and what they should stay away from.

So video games are the reason for all of this? No, it isnt. If you cant handle a video game or a movie or whatever sexual things society puts out, then you need to put these things into context. I'd say the images on Mtv are more worrisome than video games, especially RPGs, which are not the most popular format among young gamers, and most young females do not play video games.

Edit: And the reason all these things go down is because people refuse to take responsibilty. These people choose to have sex, Yuna isnt making them. No one is making them.

I suppose video games are the reason places like Soddom, Gahmora (I know I butchered those), and ancient Rome were so overly sexual, eh?

Maybe your morals aren't extremely high Abominatrix and you don't think there is anything wrong with them creating characters in games who show off their underwear (saying it is just the way society is) and then sale those games to 10 year olds.

Do NOT question my morals because I dont get into a fury over stupid things like this. I am a 20 year old virgin, and a religious person. Regardless, my morals are none of your business. You're freaking out over something that's, to be honest, just stupid. Shouldnt you be worried more about Britney Spears showing her boobs to 10 years old than this? If you have problems with 10 year olds doing something, then when you have kids, watch them. For your information, I was watching Mtv, rated R movies, and all sorts of things from a very young age. But my parents taught me better, that these things are not role models. Video games and tv are not there to raise kids. They're there as entertainment. If you cant take it as that, that's your fault.

And also Abominatrix, back in the old days they did not have the ability to really show anything other than a little deformed character so they did not really have the ability to show off any of their characters. So therefore even if they tried to make Rikku back then in a little sprite character they would not have been able to add any detail so the whole sprite thing doesn't add up.

They didnt have the ability to show off their characters? Uh huh. So I couldnt tell Rydia was showing things off, I couldnt tell that the dancers in IV were scantily clad? I really dont think so. Not to mention that sounds incredibly hypocritical.

But now they do have the ability to show off their characters and they seem to be trying to go the distance and then some to do it.

And there is nothing wrong with the way they made Kid, or anybody else from CC or any of the other characters you mentioned. Because the difference between them and some of the PS2 characters is they were never showing any undergarments. Rikku and many of the other characters from the games they are making an obvious effort to show off those parts.

So that is why it seems they are trying to turn those characters into sexual objects.

They could design their characters to be just like Kidd, or somebody else. But they are taking it one step further than that. And they need to take into account who is playing these games before they add in that extra step.

I think you're just making a big deal out of nothing. As I said, if you cant play a game without thinking these make believe characters are sexual objects, you need help. Kidd revealed plenty, as did all these characters. I think you just need something to get your panties in a bunch over something.

darkchrono
12-01-2003, 08:35 AM
yeah it isn't the most important thing. And your right that Britney Spears is alot more to worry about than Rikku. (But thankfully it looks like she is beginning to lose alot of popularity).

But one thing these things in video games does show. And which is why I am making a deal out of it. Is because it does show how far down into the gutter alot of society is beginning to go these days. Them doing this to video game characters is just another symbolism of it. And if you want to try to turn things around video games should be one of the first places to start. Because it is one of the areas where you can reach and impact children the earliest. As alot of 10-11 year olds will not be interested in alot of teenage hobbies. But they will be interested in video games.

TheAbominatrix
12-01-2003, 09:35 AM
No, the place to turn it around is through the parents, and through education. Video games, tv, and the media is not supposed to raise our world's children. That isnt what they're there for. I played plenty of violent games and watched plenty of violent movies, but I'm not violent. My parents raised me better. Once people start taking responsibilities for their own actions, then we'll see a change. Or at least, that's how I feel.

darkchrono
12-01-2003, 05:14 PM
Yes it is the parents main responsibility to do it. But vido games and the others are not free of the responsibility because they are in an area where they can reach the children. It is not the main responsibility of theirs, but it is still a responsibility. And they should still think twice about the way they make the games. Because they still have the ability to be a good infuence or adding fuel to the fire.

TheAbominatrix
12-01-2003, 11:27 PM
As I said before, video game influence is not that big a deal. It's a cop out. Like saying the Columbine shooters did so because they played a lot of Doom. Or the kid who commited suicide because his Elfquest character died or some such. Society needs to find a place to put the blame, and no one is willing to take it so... blame the video games!

I highly doubt anyone is going to expose their panties because Rikku does so. That trend started a long time ago in the music community, and I've already seen 8 year olds do it.

Video games are not responsible for anything. They're tools of entertainment. They arent there to educate, to reform, or to raise. It's just not what their made for. I really don't feel video game designers should worry about "Hmm... will this make an 8 year old want to show her panties?"

ZeZipster
12-02-2003, 12:45 AM
Personally, I don't care. So long as they aren't messing up original characters.

eternalshiva
12-02-2003, 03:34 PM
Personnally, I know that some of the old FF games, the monsters, some were naked. and SIREN, a summon, has always been naked but in the North American version, they put bikinis on them or something, they look clothed.

So, this isn't new to Asia, just to narrow minded north America ;p

darkchrono
12-02-2003, 04:55 PM
eternalshiva how does that make North American's narrow minded.

In fact most people who don't play video games think that them placing all this scantily dressed and nude characters in their games is down right stupid and pretty immature.

They could sell just as many final fantasy games even if they gave the characters full outfits. So why do they find it necessary to dress them in the way they do.

In fact a couple years ago when I got ff10 for christmas. Me and my brother were playing and my sister walked by. And the first thing she noticed when she looked at the screen was how they seemed to be focusing the camera in on specific body areas of the certain female character in the scene at the time. And how she was particularly dressed. And she kind of was a little disgusted. And me and my brother just had to go'that this is how they make girls in video games nowadays.'

eternalshiva
12-02-2003, 05:24 PM
lol well take it super seriously if you want but I just meant that people get WAY to upset about clothes in video games. And yeah, they did focus on Lulu's tatas but who wouldn't >.<

I'm just saying that North America still thinks of nudity as a bad thing, a taboo. It's just a game. Sorry If I insulted you.

Unfortunately for today's society, sex sells and that's what people are buying. If the consumers would change the message, the looks of things would change.

Boycott scandally dressed women games then. Write some letters.

Men in video games are portrayed as muscled super hot and god-like but no one complains about that because the majority of vg players are male and who doesn't want to be GOD like in an RPG?

So, lead females are taking on a more sleek and sexy look, like some of us women would want to look like in our deep dark fantasies ;p I wish I could pull off the skirt look she has, that would rock. Its just a fantasy image, like comics or even TV. That's what the consumer is lapping up.

People always complain but do nothing and that's where the business is taking the so-called-holy image of FF.

Again, maybe narrow minded is the wrong word to use but that's how I feel about it.

edczxcvbnm
12-02-2003, 05:49 PM
They should have a scene where her chest is exposed just so people don't complain about being almost naked.

eternalshiva
12-04-2003, 10:20 AM
lol Yeah, it would get alot of complaining out of the way

Ouch!
12-05-2003, 03:55 AM
Darkchrono, I understand you have every right to be upset about this. Scarcely clad characters do offend some people, and obviously, you're one of those people.

However, I think you are going to have to accept some of these things as fact. Sex is part of our society. It is something that everyone is going to deal with someday, it's something everyone has always had to deal with all throughout history. Just because our society advertises it, doesn't make it right or wrong. It just means that it's something that grabs people's attention, it's something people are interested in.

Like eternalshiva said, it all has to do with the image that people wish they could attain. Be it the god-like, muscular body, or the sleek and smooth sexiness that the characters seem to be displaying now. Square Enix is trying to promote their game by using something they know that interests people. If it's a sexual thing, they're going to use it, their goal is to make money, they are a company.

I believe that The Abominatrix has already debunked your theory of this being a new thing enough. You're going to have to accept that this is not a new thing to Final Fantasy, and if you wanted to bitch and moan about it, you should have been doing it years ago. I'll give you a countdown from X-2 to the earlier games, take a look at how much it changes... or how little really.

X-2: Rikku and Yuna showin' lots of skin and leg. Rikku even showing the side 'straps' of a bikini style or thong underwear.

X: Rikku still showin' a lot of skin and Lulu sporting some large breasts. Neither of that is new to the series either.

IX: Just look at Garnet and tell me that her skintight jumpsuit isn't as provokative as anything else I've said so far. It's skin tight! Not to mention Zidane's comment in Dali.

VIII: Rinoa is wearin' spandex for christ's sake. Sure, she has a jacket over it, but she's showin' just as much leg as Rikku and Yuna are in X-2.

VII: Look a Tifa, take a gander for a second. Now, tell me where your attention is drawn.

VI-IV: You can't see it, 'cause the graphics don't allow it, but as The Abominatrix has pointed out, they're all pretty much wearin' bathing suits, and in FFIV, as Ash said, there's those dancers. Sure, you can't see it, but just talk to the people in the area and you know what the place is supposed to be.

I-III: Honestly, there's really nothing scandalous about these. I've played I and II, and seen screen shots of III, and there's nothing terribly provokative, but some monsters are sure wearin' close to nothing... humanoid monsters!

Really, your proof is debunked right there. If you still feel strongly about it, please feel strongly about it to yourself after you've expressed your views. We really don't need you to be fightin' a war on your own when nobody is siding with you. If you don't respect something about a game, you shouldn't really come and complain about it to us, we can't do anything about it.

If you feel this is such a big issue, talk to Square Enix about it. But chances are, that's futile. They will probably just ignore you, or you'll get some kind of crap response telling you it's not their responsibility who gets their games. If a ten-year-old is playin' a teen game, it's their parent's fault. That was your biggest arguement, introducing younger people to this too early, but that's not the video game industry's problem, that's the parent's problem.

Just because there are some people who find this disgusting or inappropriate for others, doesn't mean they're going to stop making it. Just because some kid gets his hands on a material that is rated T or M, doesn't make it their problem. You're going to accept that on this arguement, that you're the minority and that all you're ever going to be told is, "If you don't want to see this kind of stuff, don't buy the game/movie/ect." Complaining will get you nowhere. Society doesn't always agree with what's moral, get used to it.

darkchrono
12-05-2003, 06:53 AM
yep, I figured that I wouldn't get a lot of supporters from a site like this. I just pretty much planned to try to raise a controversial topic here.

Many people here are big final fantasy and video game fans and will pretty much take their side on what they choose to put out on the market. So in essence they are probably going to try to overlook all the controversial things people are doing with games nowadays.

Where as people who do not play video games much or at all would probably take my side on the topic.

What is funny though is that games where they try to emphasize the storyline and make the game as realistic as possible. Such as games like xenogears and xenosaga. All the characters are dressed completely normal.

I think final fantasy games would be that much better if they followed the types of paths that those games are taking. Not so much in a space opera. But how they present the storyline and the characters.

TheAbominatrix
12-05-2003, 07:14 AM
I think people who don't play video games at all would probably not care. They're not real people, why should anyone make a fuss as to how they're dressed?

The picture I attached seems pretty revealing to me. Certainly as revealing as some other FF characters.

FF focuses plenty on the storyline and characters... in fact, the games that bug you... have you played X-2? I know you havent played XII, because obviously it isnt out yet. Just because a character is dressed in ways you find revealing doesnt mean they're bad characters, or that they arent developed.

And Zaphier and Shiva, you guys put it perfectly.

darkchrono
12-05-2003, 08:12 AM
lol, that's true. Maybe kos-mos is an exception. But you have to say that they did not make an obvious attempt to focus in on kos-mos's body parts like they did for the characters in ff10.

And you have to admit that overall xenosaga was much more tact than ff10 was.

And though they can have good development. I think you are able to take the characters much more seriously when they are created in xenosaga's manner other than in ff10's manner. And as a result you are able to take the storyline more seriously.

But then again, Xenosaga is made to be taken seriously. Where as ff games aren't completely supposed to.

TheAbominatrix
12-05-2003, 08:26 AM
No, I simply think you need some sort of excuse. I dont need characters to be dressed a certain way to take them more seriously. I dont need them to be dressed like nuns so I can take the storyline seriously. Clothes are clothes, they dont make the person, they dont make the character.

eternalshiva
12-05-2003, 11:02 AM
How is having a metal thong and metal body suit not an attempt at focusing on her "perfection" ? I don;t know about you but I thought she was pretty hot, and thigh high boots? She's a lethal fem-bot :\ The men in the games are just as skimpy, they show nipples, and wear tight clothes.

What about Tekken ... or any fight game to that, you think FF is bad, i don;t kknow why they bother putting clothes on them. And that volleyball game where they have the fight girls in bikinis ha ha ha ha ha I thought that was a pretty lame attempt to turn that into a serious game.

Final Fantasy is a Fantasy. If you take your games so seriously that it affects your life, get out more often >.< Just because the game is sexualized doesn't mean that real life is like that. And they're fictional characters. I would be upset if it was a flesh and blood person prancing around like that but why get upset over pixels and graphics? Britney Spears and Christina are disgusting, FF characters - not real unless you live for Cosplay.

Plus, I'm glad Yuna's getting her freak on anyways, poor girl, a widow, dead boyfriend, dead parents and her religion was a scam. I think its time to wear skimpy clothes! ;)

*hugs*

Ouch!
12-06-2003, 04:07 PM
I'm very upset with the fact that you think I'm not looking at the controversial aspects about sexualizing video games, darkchrono. I believe that you're just looking for excuses to keep this arguement running. I udnerstand that there are negatives about having the main characters skimpily dressed, but I think you're failing to realize that you're going against the media.

You can't beat the media. You can't beat society. Both the media and society have accepted the sexualizing of movies, videogames, television shows, etc. It's just a part of everyday life that you're eventually going to have to come to terms with.

Sexuality in the media is what can make or break a product. Sex sells. If it's a bad thing that all the main characters are going to be wearing next to nothing, oh well, more power to the companies if they can sell a game because a bunch of teens can get off on it.

Yes, I agree, that's disgusting, and I'd rather buy a game for its plot rather than how its characters look. But great games do come skimpily dressed nowadays.

Unless you think you have a shot at changing how the media is and how it works, which you don't, I suggest you realize that this arguement is futile. You're just going to have to overlook the little things that bother you, just like everyone else does when they find a hitch in what would otherwise be the 'perfect game'.

MecaKane
12-06-2003, 05:42 PM
What is funny though is that games where they try to emphasize the storyline and make the game as realistic as possible. Such as games like xenogears and xenosaga. All the characters are dressed completely normal.

Ok, in Xenogears the characters actually have sex, there are a few secences of them lying in bed all naked spriteness, naked in test tubes, naked before the last boss, naked after the last boss, in anime form.

And in Xenosaga most of the sexual stuff lies around a 12-year-old girl and her 'round the clock panty shots. And you can get a swimsuit for Shion to wear that shows up in the battle secenes.

Yes very tact INDEED.

DMKA
01-04-2004, 04:37 PM
I don't recall any skimply dressed people in FF7...or 8...or 9...maybe I'm just not remembering...oh well.

I don't see why people are so concerned about this. They're CLOTHES! Sheesh. And hell, whats the big deal about nudity? As long as its not being displayed in an erotic manner (ie, a girl with hard nipples), whats the big offense? And that thing about "young kids" getting their hands on these games? Its just like movies, TV, and everything else - it the parents responsibility to control that and raise their child - not the media, or mine, or yours, or PS2, or the Backstreet Boys, or anyone else's. Plus video games even have RATINGS ON THEM! Is that not amazing? Ratings! And if you notice, ever FF game has a 13 and up rating on them (that I've seen anyway). Have you seen anything in an FF game you wouldn't let a 13 yr old see? If so I'm sure as hell glad I didn't have to grow up with you as a parent.

People are a little too uptight and concerned with clothing - on both real people and videogame characters. Skimply clothes usually look alot cooler IMO, and if your saving the world, constantly fighting, why the hell would you want to be dressed like a nun or a preist? Don't the skimpy clothes work to your advantage? Thats just my opinion i guess. I personally see nothing wrong with nudity. I'd even let children see nudity, as long as its not being displayed in an erotic manner. Nudity and pornography are two different things, even though one consist of an excessive amount of the other.

And as for FF characters, I think they're dress is highly conservative to alot of the the fighting games I've played.

And in closing, if you're bothered by the dress of videogame characters THIS much, jut cease to buy and play them. Its as simple as that. No one is making you buy and play them...theres a million other things you could be doing anyway. Otherwise, if your going to continue to purchase and play videogames, please don't sit up and bitch about what the characters are wearing in this manner. There are few things in this world more annoying than a hypocrite.

(if any of what I posted had already been mentioned I apologize but I didn't have time to go through and read the entire thread:riiight: )

Ultros0
01-06-2004, 05:25 AM
you guys seem to forget... this is a japanese game... they don't give a f*** about you.

Silent Warrior
01-07-2004, 07:35 PM
Aye, they're manga-infected, the whole lot of 'em. Still, I have to say that every FF I've played has seemed quite harmless. Well, in most cases, anyway. Lulu was a little... um... bare, and so was that Dona, but EXCEPT for Lulu (and Dona), I've seen worse out in the city. And FF isn't particularly big in my neck of the woods.
With all that said, I haven't played FFX-2... That one seems a bit less neutral than FF9. *cough* I haven't seen much of FF12 either, for that matter, but it doesn't seem worse than a day in town. Well, a SUMMER-day in town.

darkchrono: Like others, I feel videogames is the wrong place to start this kind of crusade. If you really have to, go after those who made that volleyball-game (now I'm almost embarrassed to know what it's called, hehe!) instead of FF. If you're desperate for games with fully-clothed characters, I'm happy to point you to Shining Force. Or Grim Fandango, for that matter. Nobody has any skin to show! :D (Except for the demons, ok, fine, sheesh.)
Oh, one thing about Xenosaga. I heard something that should be classed as a rumour about the MOMO-fixation. That little tidbit claimed it (the MOMO-fixation) was throwing a boot at all the other manga/anime-artists who SERIOUSLY sexualizes small girls. (If you ask me, Shion has a little more to, um, put on display.) I must have dredged it up through a Xenosaga chatzone somewhere. *Shrug*

TheAbominatrix: Well, strictly speaking, isn't a nun's outfit fairly easy to model? :) Anyway, I doubt Auron would have made sense wearing only a pair of tights (spandex?). Sure, the clothes doesn't make the character, but the character should make the clothes. A little bit.

Zaphier: Well... I kinda bought Planescape Torment because an ICQ-dude insisted that it was great. The nudest character there was (excluding the floating skull) the main character - a quite old, very scarred, gray male sprite. Hotness! :) (Yes, there were female characters, yes, there were prostitutes, but nothing was sexualized.)

Silmaril
01-07-2004, 07:51 PM
would anyone really play a game where the characters are like homer simpson wearing thongs?

Iceglow
01-08-2004, 06:14 PM
lol all Dark Chrono managed to give me was the mental image of some kid trying to have sex with their console.

Abdominatrix is right and if you really want sex promoted in games then please go play the first Grandia at one stage I do remember there being 3 naked female characters on screen at once if thats not trying to put sex in to the game I don't wanna ask what is.

However I kinda see it as not so much them trying to put sex in to the game as they're trying to modernise love in the games because every FF game has a love story a plot involving one of the main female characters and usually the lead male, Cloud - Aerith and later Cloud - Tifa, Squall - Rinoa, Selphie - Irvine, Zell - the random girl in garden who Zell goes out with (poorly done they could have developed another NPC out of her but ignore completely instead), Zidane - Garnet, Steiner - Beatrix, Tidus - Yuna, Lulu - Wakka... need I go on with the ones from the older games not just those in the PS series? To be honest everyone knows that in recent years it is a fine line between Desire/lust and love therefore it is easier to portray love by making the object of it to be Desireable or Lustrous to the eyes of the player.

Aerio
01-09-2004, 02:19 AM
Lunar 2 Enternal Blue Complete has Lucia Skinny dipping and her walking on the blue star with tons of snow falling nekkid :P

Daydrius
01-09-2004, 04:07 PM
how is being naked promoting sex?

nakedness is a naturaul state, underneath these clothes we are all naked...are we promoting sex?

when we are born, we are naked, are we promoting sex then?

When we take a shower, are we promoting sex...okay, some people might go all I'm sexy in the shower, but other that, are we promoting sex?

How could you look down on nakedness like a sex scam, it is a naturaul state.

In feudal Japan, people would be naked and not care who saw, people should be comfortable with this nakedness.

Although, it's not like we should walk down the streets naked, that would be stupid due to the fact that it's winter, and you will get arrested.

...yeah, that's about it

Lamia
02-03-2004, 02:15 AM
Sexy female warriors of popular everywhere...
even in the power rangers movie..

Aerio
02-03-2004, 04:06 AM
OMG! yer right! The villains in Power rangers are just as skimpy as the FF chars!

dancer35
02-10-2004, 02:04 AM
I just registered on this site b/c this topic is making me really, really mad. Get over the freaking clothes! I thought Rikku's outfit in Final Fantasy X-2 was cute. Nothing about the Final Fantasy series is sexual. I'll admit I was like "WTF??!!!" when I saw Lulu for the first time, but I have never been offended by anything on those games. Have any of the characters just started randomly screwing? I don't think so. I'm only 14 and nothing on these games is offensive to me. If anything the series has made me want to love someone a lot before even just kissing them. Look at Tidus and Yuna's relationship in FFX! There was nothing sexual about it, it was pure love. And I don't think I've seen Rikku throwing herself all over some guy. The girls in Final Fantasy are role model to all girls everywhere. They strut their stuff without being slutty! They are not sex icons. I think Square-Enix has done a good job at keeping their games clean. The female characters don't wear any less than what you see at the beach so get over it.

Aerio
02-10-2004, 02:25 AM
yer my best friend!

White Mage Nico
02-19-2004, 03:05 PM
Well, I will just sy a few things about it, if I dont reply, dont be surprised, I dont get much time to get on.

Final fantasy is a famouse sereise (or however you spell it) in most ff they didnt seem to have skimply dressed chars, most ppl say its enix, but its not enix because when they made ffx it said square soft. now to continue... since ff is so famouse, alot of ppl will buy it, not just teens who are supposed to be allowed to see this stuff, but kids from 9-12, this isnt exactly a "bad" thing.. but it seems very inapropriot to me, (I dont have good spelling...ugh) also, plz stop posting on this, ppl have different opinions, if ur arguing, you cant convince the other person! they will be mad, they wont just go "oh ok" so plz stop posting here, its a meaningless post! :mad:

also, if you didnt understad my last post quite right... this will mean tht alot of parents will not allow their children to get these games, it will make square fail x.x also, aerio is pretty right! it wont actually harm you, if your a pervert, then it will kinda rot ur mind, but if your not a pervert, youll just wonder why they are wearing such clothes in such cold weather.

Edit: Please do not double post. Use the Edit/Delete button in the menu just below your post. - Murder

The Man
02-19-2004, 03:28 PM
In fact in the interview they had with the developers they even mentioned how little clothing some of the characters seemed to be wearing.

Lol, think how revealing some of the characters for PS3 games will be if they are doing this kind of thing for PS2.

Lol, I know, instead of having all these half naked beach babes and boys in their games. They need to start having their characters looking like overweight heart attack waiting to happen lazy bumbs. This thread makes me sad.

Marcus
02-22-2004, 03:31 PM
Well, I can only add one more thing to this.

Even if the characters are naked... What does that have to do with sex? I was BORN naked. We all were. We could all undress, and run around naked and it STILL doesn't have ANYTHING to do with sex.

Until you spot two naked or almost naked Final Fantasy characters swapping bodily fluids the game has nothing to do with sex.

Sexy clothes have nothing to do with sex. They make someone look SEXY. Which has more to do with being attractive to the other gender than it has to do with sex. Two entirely different things.

Personally, I couldn't care less if young children saw images of people having sex. We've been doing it for thousands of years. Whats the big deal? We even reproduce through sex. Which is pretty important, if you ask me. Sex is normal. Its been in our lives for thousands of years, and people still make a big deal of it. And preventing unwanted pregnancies isn't the responsibility of developers of video-games. It's the responsibility of the people HAVING sex, or maybe their parents, if they are young. As soon as you find out how having sex is done, actually I prefer the term 'making love' =P, ahem... as soon as you find out HOW to have sex, you'll also learn what the possible result is.

Education is the key. Not censorship. Censorship is baaaaaad.

*throws $0.02 in small plastic cup*

EDIT: Hm. Most of this stuff was already said. I really should start reading these threads more actively.

The Man
02-22-2004, 09:34 PM
yes, the fact that the vast majority of people haven't picked up on the skimpy clothes != sex thing yet is something that very much saddens me. in fact if i weren't so lazy i'd probably make a thread about it in eoeo. hm.

Liquid Glass
02-28-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Marcus
...........Personally, I couldn't care less if young children saw images of people having sex. We've been doing it for thousands of years. Whats the big deal? We even reproduce through sex. Which is pretty important, if you ask me. Sex is normal. Its been in our lives for thousands of years, and people still make a big deal of it. And preventing unwanted pregnancies isn't the responsibility of developers of video-games. It's the responsibility of the people HAVING sex, or maybe their parents, if they are young. As soon as you find out how having sex is done, actually I prefer the term 'making love' =P, ahem... as soon as you find out HOW to have sex, you'll also learn what the possible result is.

Education is the key. Not censorship. Censorship is baaaaaad.............

Exactly.

Kegsay
04-29-2004, 05:12 PM
Interesting post. Basically, there's nothing wrong with the whole skimpy clothes. Fine, they went ott on FFX-2 but how the hell can you complain about X?! Oh wow, I'm revealing my stomach, and wait! Oh f***, i'm wearing a T-shirt! I'm promoting sex! *runs around*

Uhh, you're not. you're making other people think "wow, she looks nice". Ok whats wrong about that?

I do accept the fact that people are made to look sexy because of sex (the word kinda helps lol). But coimplaing about something which ISN'T naked or having sex is just crazy. Plus, girls wear bikinis when on the beach. Why? To get a sun-tan! Maybs that's what Rikku's doin, heh. It's just the sick pervs who make the sexy, self-confidence clothes that woman wear into sex symbols.

Ouch!
04-29-2004, 05:43 PM
This arguement is still going on? I think I'm gonna cry...

Why can't everyone just put down their guns, nothing is achieved by this constant bickering. Points have been made already, everybody knows where everybody else is coming from. Just let it rest...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-29-2004, 08:32 PM
I like the sound of that.