PDA

View Full Version : like the ending SPOILERS (love 'em)

cloudfan
11-30-2003, 11:03 PM
wat did u think about the ending?

Shadow8017
11-30-2003, 11:47 PM
seeing it as that I just finished playing through the game yesterday for the 2nd time I feel obligated to reply .... could be one of the most heartfelt endings ever in an FF . I really liked how you were held in suspense till the very end when lifestream converged on meteor ... most of the time you'll see the climax resolved before the ending ever even starts . The bonus scene at the end of Red XIII staring back at Midgar gave me goosebumps too :) loved it .

ForeverZeroUltima
12-01-2003, 01:10 AM
*notices how when Tifa climbs onto the ledge, her breasts stick out* *shudders*
the ending was okay. i just don't understand the very last few seconds when meteor 'hits' the earth. It shows everyone looking towards the light and then shows Aeris looking up. Where did the Aeris scene come from?

Shadow8017
12-01-2003, 02:06 AM
I think it alluding to the scene of aeris at the end was just symbolizing her prayer coming true rather than just simply showing holy blowing meteor to smitherines.

one_winged_angel
12-01-2003, 03:39 AM
this is why (one of the reasons) ff7 is great, ultimate if you will. It's whole story can be interpreted however the player wants to interpret it and it would still be as perfect as omnipotence.

I thought that the Aeris scene was either supposed to be
1. (initial interpretation) Ancients, when they died, went off to some far away magical place and that was her that saved the planet. But that was 4 years ago and i was 10.
2. (recent interpretation) that when Aeris died, like all organisms, returned to the life stream. It was from there that she used her power as an Ancient to manipulate the lifestream and give meteor a rather sore bruise.

But im not saying this is a right or wrong interpretation thats just how i took it.