PDA

View Full Version : FFX-2's voice acting

Sefie1999AD
12-01-2003, 04:56 PM
Final Fantasy X used voices for most of the situations, but there were some parts with text. Kingdom Hearts had only cut-scenes with voice actors, otherwise it was texts. How is it with Final Fantasy X-2, how much of the game is voiced? And how good is the voice acting? Tara (Rikku's voice actor) most likely does a good job just like she did in FFX, but how about Hedy (Yuna's voice)?

eternalshiva
12-01-2003, 05:01 PM
lol I was going to start a thread on this. Most of FFX-2 is voice acting, the only time it isn't is when you are just running around the field or after the event.

I thought all the actors matched up pretty good with the characters, personality wise >.< Especially Gippal, Nooj and Baralai. It was a good choice.

Yuna wasn't as annoying this time I think it is because the actress was able to be a little bit more free in this new Yuna than in Summoner Yuna. ;p

m4tt
12-01-2003, 05:48 PM
I like the voice acting a lot more in this game. My only gripe is that (spoiler maybe..) O'aka sounds REALLY stupid when he says his "Welcome to O'aka's!" bit.

And the Hypellos sound kinda funny too, like everything they say ends with a question mark. It doesn't make any sense. I really like Rikku's voice a lot. She did a really good job.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-01-2003, 09:29 PM
Paine's great.

Kupo
12-01-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
Paine's great.

I absolutely agree. And Hedy has really been much better in this one, too. My favorite Yuna line? Right before you take on Vegnagun and you listen to Nooj's plan. Yuna says "I don't like your plan. It sucks."

Something about that line really cracked me up. :moggie:

inlineskating29
12-01-2003, 11:08 PM
why do u guys say spoiler not be mean but it is silly just say the line

and i havent played the game yet but the lips better make real words when they move and match what they say
cause in ffx it didnt look like it was rell some times

Some people don't like to be spoiled of certain things. And please don't use that word. ~m4tt

eternalshiva
12-02-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Kupo
Right before you take on Vegnagun and you listen to Nooj's plan. Yuna says "I don't like your plan. It sucks."

Something about that line really cracked me up. :moggie:

ROTFL

I almost peed myself when she said it, the look on her face and then Nooj's face is priceless!

Myfavorite battle line is either Rikku or Yuna saying "DUCK SOUP!" and Paine going "Duck what?"

hehehe

katana
12-02-2003, 11:17 PM
I'm actually buying this game tommorow, so I've only played it a little bit before. I don't think Ive heard Rikku except during battle sayin a little of this, a little of that ( which was annoying ) but all the returning characters sounded a little different, though I guess they were still the same voice actors. Yuna was one of the voice actors I hated in X, and now she sounds ten times better. An Paine is just awesome.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-03-2003, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by eternalshiva
Myfavorite battle line is either Rikku or Yuna saying "DUCK SOUP!" and Paine going "Duck what?"YUNA: "Give me a 'Y'!"

RIKKU: "Give me an 'R'!"

PAINE: "Give me a break."

Siwolae
12-03-2003, 10:42 AM
i think the voice acting in this one is just as good as in FFX. the voices match the characters...especially Gippal's ^_~

FInalfantasyfinatic4
12-04-2003, 02:13 AM
hey u guys know a site were i can see who did he voices of both final fantasy x s characters?