PDA

View Full Version : Music

Baron Grims
12-01-2003, 11:33 PM
I was wondering who was in charge of the music for FFXII, I had originally heard that it was Umatsu, but now I've read that since the old FFT team is heading the project, the same composers from FFT would be making the music. Can someone clear this up for me? Thanks.

DocFrance
12-02-2003, 12:32 AM
A numbered Final Fantasy without Nobuo Uematsu's music would be heresy. Legions of nerds would storm Square-Enix Headquarters with torches and +1 Pitchforks of Pillaging.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-02-2003, 12:42 AM
Pretty sure it's a collaboration between Nobuo Uematsu and Hitoshi Sakimoto. It makes sense given the context of the setting (Ivalice, the same as in FFT, for which Sakimoto also composed), and stylistically it should be fantastic.

Bahamut2000X
12-02-2003, 12:57 AM
Nobuo Uematsu said a while back he was spending most of his time on FFXII's music. I remember he said this back during earlier FFXI days, which explains why he only did abotu 6 or so songs for XI.

Baron Grims
12-02-2003, 07:09 PM
Legions of nerds would storm Square-Enix Headquarters with torches and +1 Pitchforks of Pillaging.

LOL:D

Thanks yall.

petrifyus
12-06-2003, 06:02 AM
I can't remember the source (probably IGN or Gamespot) but they said that the music was a joint project of Nobou Uematsu and another person. Meaning that they both have equal input into the composition. :)

ChibiInuYasha
12-08-2003, 10:36 PM
The music form the trailer sounds very Tactics-ish doesn't it?

Ghost
12-09-2003, 06:22 AM
I read on RPGamer.com that the music will be primarily by the Tactics guy, and Uematsu will be responsible for only one song, but it will be a major theme.

If it's anything like the film industry and the soundtrack techniques they use there, the theme Mr. Uematsu composes will probably appear here and there in all sorts of spots around the game in various forms.

You know, like a dark and sullen version for when the villain makes an entrance. A brighter happier version of the theme for Vaan's first journey via airship. Something like that. And then the Tactics guy covering the rest. I don't know if you all played Tactics, but that music was really pretty good, considering.

Considering the fact that the game was entirely text-based, and the story scenes were all in game-engine. With limits like that, it's next to impossible to score emotional scenes with any timing.
But since XII is going to be voice-acted (and probably cut-scene heavy) the composer will really have a chance to shine with oppotunities that weren't previously available to him in earlier projects. I think it's looking pretty hopeful.

I hope I cleared up some confusion.