PDA

View Full Version : Has ANYONE ever fought the Czar Dragon or Tiamat?

Stayin Dizzy
12-01-2003, 11:39 PM
http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/ff6/rumours.php?printpage=true

is a site I was just on, and the Tiamut one would be an easy one as you just make a stop in S Fagaro halfway through, since you have to fight all the dragons to get crusader anyway. But has anyone done it?? I would love to try and fight this Czar Dragon as well, sounds like a tough dude. If he's not there though the link said some guy has him in there with a rom patch, sounds like a better fight then Kefka

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-02-2003, 12:36 AM
Tiamat doesn't exist in FFVI. The Kaiser Dragon can never be encountered during the normal course of the game, but it does exist in the code. So, it can be fought by devising such a scenario using a ROM editor.

i90east
12-02-2003, 04:27 AM
I fought Czar Dragon in my expert version, but only because I put him in the game and made a battle script for him. :cool: He's an unused monster in the regular game with a really weak battle script. He only does the battle lore every turn.

Tiamat doesn't exist. I've heard that the sprite shown for Tiamat is actually a monster from another RPG.

ForeverZeroUltima
12-03-2003, 12:36 AM
and i would also like to add, that the link that ds4284 put up, i looked through it and i found a flaw:
-the pictures of how to get to the Tiamat dragon were taken in the WoB, where ALL the dragons were in the WoR.

Flying Mullet
12-03-2003, 01:32 AM
Has anyone hacked the PSX iso to see if the czar dragon is on that as well?

Doomgaze
12-06-2003, 07:29 AM
There's no reason to think it wouldn't be.

i90east
12-07-2003, 09:12 PM
Well they could have cleaned up the game a bit by deleting unused things. Since they didn't fix the bugs, that leaves me to believe they didn't do anything else with it either.

Daedra
12-07-2003, 09:18 PM
Which bugs ? I did not come across any striking thing, but maybe I merily didn't notice.

i90east
12-07-2003, 09:46 PM
The evade bug along with the "dark" status bug, and the sketch bug. I believe v1.1 of the SNES version addressed part of the sketch bug problem but not the whole thing. I could be wrong though.

robfinalfantasy
12-22-2003, 11:01 PM
Yeah I fought Tiamat. Look at my signature to see me fighting him. :tongue:

Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
The "Tiamat" sprite itself is actually Twinhead (http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/snes/bl/twinhead.shtml)'s Grand Dragon from Bahamut Lagoon.

aeris2001x2
08-07-2004, 03:15 AM
hey, is this Czar/Kaiser dragon thing harder then Kefka? if so then ffVI FINALLY :greenie: has a super boss.

i may be resurrecting a dead topic but i,m geniunly interested, how do i hack the ffVI ROM to get this guy? and even better, the PS1 version :cool:

Storm
08-07-2004, 06:22 AM
Yes, this is an old thread......

However, download i90east's Expert Version 2 of Final Fantasy VI and you will encounter the Czar Dragon, and many other horrors. The link to his web page can be found in his signature above.

Flashback007
08-08-2004, 07:16 PM
The dragon does excist and it is stronger then any enemy according to me. He uses very very heavy attack powers and Fallen One. But his name isn't Czardragon. It's Doomdragon. I encoutered in on The Feldt with a few strong persons in my team. I eventually had to use Warp with Relm, who had 1 HP (!), to escape with all the others death. This happened after not more then two minutes :eek:

Demerwen Owns
08-08-2004, 07:38 PM
The Czar dragon is a dead piece of code which has been reincarnated in various client-side alterations of the source code.