PDA

View Full Version : Operating System and Game Requirements

TheAbominatrix
12-03-2003, 01:54 AM
Okay, I finally got on a free server for RO. I played all night when I got it, and then I realized something. I couldnt open my skill menu. This became a problem when I was ready to do other things, but this isnt really a question specifically about RO, so I wont get into it.

I tried reinstalling, tried making new characters on different severs, nothing. Finally I went to the official site, and checked out their Dynamic FAQ. This is what I got.

Question : why cant i see, open, or view the skill tree window?

Answer :
please be aware that ragnarok onlines minimum system requirements includes windows 2000/xp or a fully d version
of windows 98/me. if you are running an un-d version of windows 98/me, you may not be able to access the skill
window to allocate the skill points you will earn along your quest through rune-midgard. please immediately visit the
windows website (http://www.microsoft.com/windows) and download all critical s. after downloading
and installing all of the necessary s, please run your client again and you will be able to access the skill
window. thank you for your cooperation.

Now unfortunatly, I am running ME. I went to the updates section and downloaded every single critical update, even ie6 (though my comp refuses to install that for some reason.

Does anyone have any idea what I need to do? What I need to download, install, whatever? I don't understand this slightly Engrish-y statement, and I cant ask the GMs for help, cause my account isnt a pay one.

crono_logical
12-03-2003, 03:05 AM
I assume s means patch (dunno how they abbreviated that one), but d is more obscure. Maybe DirectX? What version of DirectX you got installed? Run "dxdiag" in the run box in the start menu if you don' know where to look. DirectX 9.0b is the latest version.

Either that or it could mean drivers, probably for the video card, so you might want to update those from the manufaturer's site or something.

TheAbominatrix
12-03-2003, 03:15 AM
I updated my DirectX too, so I have the right one for that. I'll check out the drivers and such, thanks.