PDA

View Full Version : How come there was no english version of the main song they sing

darkchrono
12-03-2003, 08:45 AM
How come there was no english version of the main song in ffX. Like Eyes on Me for 8 or melodies of life for 9.

It kind of surprised me.

Mo-Nercy
12-03-2003, 09:18 AM
I've noticed that both Eyes on Me and Melodies of Life have actual characters that sing the song. (ie. Julia and Dagger) but Suteki Da Ne isn't actually sung by anyone...

That's the only difference I can establish.

TheAbominatrix
12-03-2003, 09:33 AM
I think that's the reason, too. Dagger and Julia spoke English in the game, it would make no sense to have them singing Japanese all of the sudden. Suteki da Ne was an ending song, and wasnt sung by any of the characters, so they left it in Japanese.

m4tt
12-04-2003, 06:37 PM
Probably because it would sound like crap in english. :p

Phantom_Dream
12-23-2003, 03:31 PM
Probaly because it would be MADE crap by gamers, lol. Pathetic soemtimes. But Suteki Da Ne is a VERY good song. Love the guitar version too.

TheAbominatrix
12-23-2003, 03:51 PM
How would a gamer make a song crap?

Phantom_Dream
12-23-2003, 10:20 PM
i didn't say a gamer. I mean the community. You know: WE HATE ENGLISH AND CAN'T SPEAK IT SO WE WANT JAANESE SONGS type. And what I also mean is chatspeakers. w u ask/ becus i am l4z33

TheAbominatrix
12-23-2003, 10:22 PM
Everyone seemed pretty happy with Simple and Clean, and Eyes on Me, and Melodies of Life. The main reason English - Japanese conversion bothers a lot of people is because it often loses quality in the transition.

dman
12-24-2003, 07:11 AM
In the bonus DVD that comes with FFX Europe, I think Nobuo said that he liked the Japanese version so much, and he felt that an English version would not be as good.

DMKA
12-29-2003, 01:02 PM
I've noticed that both Eyes on Me and Melodies of Life have actual characters that sing the song. (ie. Julia and Dagger) but Suteki Da Ne isn't actually sung by anyone...

I think that's the reason, too. Dagger and Julia spoke English in the game, it would make no sense to have them singing Japanese all of the sudden. Suteki da Ne was an ending song, and wasnt sung by any of the characters, so they left it in Japanese.
Yep, and in FFX-2 both "Real Emotion" and "1000 Words", who are sung by Yuna (I think? I haven't played it yet so no telling!) are in English. So I agree with this theory.

Phantom_Dream
12-29-2003, 05:38 PM
Yes. That is a good point. and I neeeeeeeed FFX-2. Too bad Pal regions (Ye sI am one of those suckers) Havbe to wait and wait.