PDA

View Full Version : one more please

Silkk49505
12-03-2003, 09:26 AM
ok, i got the air ship and i got my ppl changed. and i bought my Knight and Ninja Magic. but i had no magic, so i fought for like a hour and got a lvl and i still dont have magic. so how do you get them to be able to use there magic? do you have to be a certain lvl? im like lvl 27 or 28. with like 300 thousand dollars and all the magic. except ww's lvl 8 magic. where can i get it?:whoa:

Zifnab
12-03-2003, 10:57 AM
I think the Stats you gain are somewhat random, at least which stats go up and by how much. I'd recommend getting near the next level, then save your game (FFO just use Memo system) and reset if they don't gain any magic points, and regain that level until they do.

DocFrance
12-03-2003, 01:31 PM
Nope, you gain magic points at a certain level. Here's the deal:

Starting at level 15, your Fighter/Knight or Thief/Ninja will gain magic points every other level (yes, even the Fighter and Ninja gain magic points before the class change, although they'll have no use for them). When they do gain magic points, the Fighter/Knight gains one point in each of the first three levels, and the Thief/Ninja gains one point in each of the first four levels.

Zifnab
12-03-2003, 09:06 PM
Interesting. Is that just for MP or all the other stats too?

Cz
12-03-2003, 10:21 PM
Wasn't that changed for Origins? I don't think my Thief or Knight gained any MP until after class change.

DocFrance
12-04-2003, 12:42 AM
MP increases are fixed at certain levels for all classes.

For other stats, there are certain stats at each level for each class that are guaranteed to increase. The other stats that aren't guaranteed have a chance of increasing as well, although I'm not sure what determines this. For HP, each class gains a set amount per level (Fighter/Knight and BB/Master get +3, Thief/Ninja and RM/RW get +2, and WM/WW and BM/BW get +1). The only thing that ever changes this amount is certain levels, which are predetermined to be "strong levels." In this case, each class's HP increases by 20-25 HP.

For example, a Fighter reaches level 2. This is a strong level up, so his HP increases by 20-25 HP. His guaranteed stats are Strength, Agility, and Vitality, so he gets +1 in each of those. Intelligence and Luck also have a chance of gaining +1. The same thing happens for level three, except now Luck is a guaranteed stat.

Also note that nothing changes about a class's stat progression when they get the class change.

And this is all based on the NES version, not Origins.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-04-2003, 12:46 AM
Actually, I've found that any class can get a boost of 20-30 HP upon reaching any given level. It's just a matter of probability.

Sasquatch
12-04-2003, 04:25 AM
There are specific levels in which certain stats go up, but their numbers are somewhat random.

I would suggest just gaining more levels, the MP will come to you.

And the lv. 8 magic is in Lufenia, but you have to take the Rosetta Stone to Dr. Unne in Melmond before you go there.