PDA

View Full Version : ff1 or origins

Silkk49505
12-03-2003, 09:37 AM
is ff1 on Playstation, origins. better then on Nintendo.

TheAbominatrix
12-03-2003, 10:02 AM
Well Origins got a graphical update. The graphics are pretty much as good as the first two FF games for SNES (IV and V). I heard the fixed some of the little glitches, and personally I plan to get Origins whenever I'm caught up on all the other games I really want.

Zifnab
12-03-2003, 10:52 AM
To me FFOrigins' version of FF1 is by far better. I couldn't really play FF1 due to the annoying music and a slow pace of movement that made my head bleed.
I'd recommend you play the NES version first, at least for alittle bit. Why? Well, when I played FFOrigins' version I was amazed to hear all those old NES songs, only with huge updates. I loved seeing new dialogue where really crappy dialogue was before, and seeing how it evolved. It made me appreciate the update that little bit more.

Garland
12-04-2003, 01:20 AM
Though, certain "classic" lines should never have been changed, in my oppinion. Not that I'm referring to any particular line. Nope, not at all.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-04-2003, 01:31 AM
FFOrigins looks a lot better than even FFVI, even though the character sprites aren't big and tall. There are plenty of graphical touch-ups from the WSC versions of FFI and II that could only have been done on the PlayStation.

Dr Unne
12-04-2003, 02:19 AM
FFOrigins is a more polished game than the NES version, but the NES version still holds some charm. The only thing I think is undeniably better in the PSX version is the music quality.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-04-2003, 03:55 AM
I definitely prefer the NES townspeople, since they have the distinction of being color-coded according to what town they're in. They make the Origins folks seem generic and, ironically, plain in comparison.

DocFrance
12-04-2003, 07:29 PM
The old NES version definitely has it's charm, but it gets pretty tiring when you buy 99 Heal potions.

black orb
12-05-2003, 05:22 AM
>>> Both are good, but I like more the original NES FF1 because the music and the graphics are more creepy, Origins is just too cute..

DocFrance
12-05-2003, 02:28 PM
I've also never liked the way the Ninja looks in Origins. Too green, and it looks like he has a bowl on his head.

Mystik_Ninja
12-12-2003, 04:44 PM
Green ninjas? 99 HEALs? What are you people thinking?! For one, they diminished the ninjas running ability, transforming him from the coolest class into something that is worth less than 1/2 of a KNIGHT. For two, they tamed down the blackbelts awesome power. For three, the auto-fight system is weak-> turn it off!
Now that out of my system... the reason i dont like origins is that they did too good of a job on the inventory. It has been totally updated to stote ALL items including weapons and armor. In vNES you could only carry 4 pieces of armor and 4 weapons per character. This was awesome and i think it simulated a simple carrying capacity system( exactly how much can be carried at one time you know like it traditional non-digital RPGs ). Whats more is that not a flipping thing was changed from the WSC version, the update was so minor that i didn't happen to notice the alleged PSX only capabilities used for the remake... ahem port of FF1. If you want real shocker just try out the MSX port of FF1, that is of course if you can read in Kanji

DJZen
12-18-2003, 05:43 AM
The most shocking thing about the MSX version is how they kept everything the same but just gave it different colors. I haven't played it or heard the music, but the screens were unimpressive. The graphics were exactly the same, only X random building would have brown doors, or X stonework would be blue instead of grey. The poor Black Mage's sprite seems to have gotten no update AT ALL.

Dragonfire
02-04-2004, 10:26 AM
being a very nostalgic person, I have to say that origins should be played on all the settings that make it like the original. It's just not the same if you don't get ineffectives at least once. Besides, the FF alot of the options in FF Origins makes FF 1 way too easy. I was playing the original cart not too long ago (yes, I do own a working NES cart of the game) and I definitely prefer the original.

The poor Black Mage's sprite seems to have gotten no update AT ALL.

*sigh* The black mage always was and always will be the coolest FF character ever. He needs no change.

Black Mage FF1
02-16-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Dragonfire
being a very nostalgic person, I have to say that origins should be played on all the settings that make it like the original. It's just not the same if you don't get ineffectives at least once. Besides, the FF alot of the options in FF Origins makes FF 1 way too easy. I was playing the original cart not too long ago (yes, I do own a working NES cart of the game) and I definitely prefer the original.

*sigh* The black mage always was and always will be the coolest FF character ever. He needs no change.

Yeah right. The BM is the worst character in FF1.

DJZen
02-18-2004, 02:01 AM
I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that....

Black Mage FF1
02-18-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by DJzen
I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that....

Here what? That the black mages suck? They do. They have to be the WORST and most useless character in the game.

Dragonfire
02-18-2004, 05:59 PM
white mages are the most useless to me. i find they do nothing for me, that an inventory full of potions can't do :D I would say maybe Life spells.. but I rarely die, the only times i ever die now is only a few times on solo games.

Black Mage FF1
02-18-2004, 09:47 PM
I agree with you that wm are useless, but you have to admit that the BM are pretty terrible too. You may however like them as a character but there is no way you can actually consider them good or useful. Now if the RM wasnt in FF1 then both the WM and BM might come in handy.

Dragonfire
02-19-2004, 10:41 PM
i think WM would've only been good if the Life spells, and the Soft spell could be used in battle. but since they can't WM is useless. I remember that one time back in the day, i used a party with WM in it, but she died somewhere around the marsh cave, and I ended up never resurrecting her just so the others could get more exp :D

Squall04
02-20-2004, 04:36 PM
The BM is really expensive and weak at the beginning of the game, so it's more of an investment than anything because they are pretty usefull in my opinion

Dragonfire
02-21-2004, 12:00 AM
i find BM to be good only against of groups of monsters, especially ones weak to a certain element (i.e. everyone in the sea shrine.)

Black Mage FF1
02-21-2004, 12:35 AM
Yeah but the RM can do that too, and if he were to run out of MP he has a good physical attack to help make up for that. There is nothing that a BM can do that a RM cant do better, accept cast lvl 8 spells and a few lvl 7. But 2-3 casts of Nuke are not going to make a big difference. The reason why i think the WM are more usefull is because the WM gets Life2 and Cure4, which IMO are a lot more usefull than Nuke.

Dragonfire
02-21-2004, 05:15 PM
like i said though, Life and Life2 are bad caus they don't work in battle. also heh, I forgot that RW gets lit3 and ice3

There is nothing that a BM can do that a RM cant do better

well i disagree thats the whole point of RM, to a jack-of-all-trades but master of none. he can do alot of what evryone else can but never as powerful. you'll notice that RM doesn't attack, deal magic damage, or heal as effectively as the Fighter, Black Mage, and White Mage

DocFrance
02-21-2004, 05:53 PM
The RM or the RW can't use Nuke/Flare.

Black Mage FF1
02-21-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Dragonfire
like i said though, Life and Life2 are bad caus they don't work in battle. also heh, I forgot that RW gets lit3 and ice3

well i disagree thats the whole point of RM, to a jack-of-all-trades but master of none. he can do alot of what evryone else can but never as powerful. you'll notice that RM doesn't attack, deal magic damage, or heal as effectively as the Fighter, Black Mage, and White Mage

Well actually the RM DOES deal as much dmg in magic as a BM. A RM casting Lit3 will do just as much as a BM casting Lit3, same goes for cure with the WM. Hell even a lvl 1 Fighter casting lit2 with the Zeus gauntlet will do as much dmg as a lvl 50 BM cast lit2.

DocFrane i never said that a RM/RW can use Nuke. I just said that taking a BM over a RW because of Nuke isnt worth it.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-22-2004, 01:05 AM
And now we're going back on-topic.

DocFrance
02-22-2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Black Mage FF1
DocFrane i never said that a RM/RW can use Nuke. Woah, there, buddy. I wasn't accusing you of anything. I was just pointing out a fact.

Black Mage FF1
02-22-2004, 04:58 PM
Oh ok. But still even if a Rm/Rw cant use Nuke thats still no reason to take a Bm/Bw over him.

Mr. Graves
02-22-2004, 05:29 PM
FF1 on Origins is most definitely better. I don't think I'll ever play the NES version again, to be honest. More challenge, better graphics, much better sound, it's just better all-around. Since I've only played the NES version through an emulator, I guess nostalgia doesn't mean too much to me. *shrug*

DocFrance
02-22-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Black Mage FF1
Oh ok. But still even if a Rm/Rw cant use Nuke thats still no reason to take a Bm/Bw over him. Sure it is. If you want someone who can cast Nuke, you're probably going to pick a black mage over a red mage.

Dragonfire
02-22-2004, 07:38 PM
*sigh*

after this whole discussion and debate, I might have to go play FF1 again.

btw, I'll play it on FF Origins just so it's a buit more relaxing. Other than sound and graphics, I don't feel like attempting to use my nintendo for it, nor sit here and use the emulator neither.

Black Mage FF1
02-22-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by DocFrance
Sure it is. If you want someone who can cast Nuke, you're probably going to pick a black mage over a red mage.

Well duh, the same thing goes for the Knight and the Xcalber. What i am saying is that Nuke is THAT good of a spell. Taking a crappy character just to get a 2 casts of a spell isnt worth it.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-22-2004, 11:39 PM
What did I just say? :aimsad:
And now we're going back on-topic. So much for that.