PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best FFVIII character?

luke webster
12-03-2003, 01:11 PM
I think the best FFVIII character has got to be Zell. He kicks ass, his hair rocks and he makes Squall look like the moping no-friend loser he his. Also, Irvine's pretty good, but still - Zell rules!

Mo-Nercy
12-04-2003, 06:43 AM
First, let me thank you for creating such an original thread. :eep:

My favourite character is Seifer. He wasn't a bad guy, just someone who wanted to live out his dream.

TheSpoonyBard
12-04-2003, 06:06 PM
I liked Squall the most out of the FF8 cast, probably because he was the one I could most identify with. And the fact he could do Lionheart and annihalate pretty much anything.

DocFrance
12-04-2003, 07:34 PM
Seifer and Laguna were the only characters I could stand. The others were just cookie-cutter characters.

Breine
12-07-2003, 05:17 PM
I don't really know who my favorite character in FF8 is... I like them all...

MagicKnight Locke
12-07-2003, 06:17 PM
hmm

Your characters:Squall
All character:Ul-ti-me-ci-a

Psychotic
12-07-2003, 07:55 PM
It'd be a toss-up between Squall and Seifer, with Seifer winning.

zacks_clone
12-07-2003, 08:01 PM
Laguna was my fav.He was a devoted persos with a good heart,and tried hard to help elloine and the planet.A true hero if there ever was one,PLUSE he had faults,making him all the more human.

Andrew
12-08-2003, 11:09 PM
Squall is the best FFVIII character.

He shows most feeling than any other character, even though it is through his thoughts, but on Disc 3, he opens up and lets no-one stand in the way of rescuing Rinoa, even if she did you berserk. I respect that.

lonely
12-30-2003, 02:27 PM
Squall has to be the best, coz it's funny watching him change from bein a total Anti-social to being a full on conversationist.
The things he say's too are really funny, he can be so romantic at times!

Rinoa 99
01-03-2004, 04:22 AM
well, IMHO,I think the best character(s) is/are
Squall & Rinoa-The chemistry was good.It was sort of funny,cuz Rinoa always did all the flirting & Squall was like,"Go away!I'm the lonely guy,remember?"
Selphie-Funny!'The blow the train 2 smithereens'
was hilarious (I crack up 4 everything)
Edea-Sorceresses ROCK!!!(NOT Ultimecia!!!Dresses slutty...)

...thats it....

lionslash
01-12-2004, 11:50 PM
i'd have to say that character is individually good in their own ways. Each of them are very good with limit breaks and each of them are very versatile. But overall i'd have to say that my best character in the game was Squall...lionheart kicks ass, thats how i got my name Lionheart + Omnislash = Lionslash or Omniheart...i think i picked the right one

soulICE
01-13-2004, 04:45 PM
irvine. :love:

i found his limit break more reliable than squall's. of course with my luck, i never got lionheart(limit) with squall.. so i had to depend on irvine to dish out the damage.. not to mention i treated squall like crap and tended to kill him off alot so everyone else got the bonuses.

and im aware that irvine was a cookie cutter of a character compared to the oh so multi-demensional sides of rinoa and squall, who seemed to be in a perpetual state of pms.:rolleyes2

BG-57
01-15-2004, 02:29 AM
Edea, 'nuff said.

I also liked Cid, as strange as that may seem. :greenie:

Thunday Man
01-15-2004, 03:27 AM
Squall, due to his beastly gunblade, and mainly because of..

whatever...

Iceglow
01-15-2004, 03:26 PM
for me it all comes down to Laguna, Squall or Irvine as I can relate to all 3 of them the first because my personality according to my friends is very much like Laguna's (damn me for cutting my hair me and a few mates are gonna do cos-play for an anime / games convention in a few months now I'll have to go as Squall) Irvine was always cool as was Squall for being the strong yet silent type.

Bahumat
01-16-2004, 09:54 AM
Zell is very funny and Squall is like me (loner) but my favourite has got to be Seifer. His Finishing moves are cool (Raijiin and Fuigiin are funny too...especially in the ending movie). Also like Laguna as his Limit is funny. Oh yeah, if anyone want's me to add some more quotes from FF8, just ask.

tomothy
01-19-2004, 01:43 AM
chicken wuss is the best.
:mad:

Bahumat
02-06-2004, 05:58 AM
Oh, you must also be a Seifer fan. I never found anyone so far that would admitt he was that good enough to quote

Reeva
02-06-2004, 12:17 PM
Best character.....
From the main party I would say Squall.And why--becouse he's a quiet person and handsome and his scar is cool!

But generally I like Ultimecia. She's beautiful and mysterious and she had a perfect plan(Time compression)

And just look into her eyes (ahhh..):

zacks_clone
02-06-2004, 02:23 PM
Zell would be the second best I feel.No one gave him enough credit.When you go to the bahamute island(dunno what it was called) with Zell in your party,he tells you an intelligent story about it,and hes good at matial arts pluse hes deep(grandfathers crud in his room and all)

Iceglow
02-09-2004, 02:45 PM
It's the deep sea research centre btw.

I say irvine as he shoots Zell's grandfathers guns which probably is what they need as Zell obviously hasn't in a long time

selphie666
02-14-2004, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by zacks_clone
Zell would be the second best I feel.No one gave him enough credit.When you go to the bahamute island(dunno what it was called) with Zell in your party,he tells you an intelligent story about it,and hes good at matial arts pluse hes deep(grandfathers crud in his room and all)

Zell's the know-it-all, but he's got a lot of character.

My fave char of all time... SELPHIE!!! I don't know why. Probly cause she's so kickass.

Fujin's the funny kickass, though. Beating up on Raijin and whatnot.

Devil_Child
02-15-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by luke webster
I think the best FFVIII character has got to be Zell. He kicks ass, his hair rocks and he makes Squall look like the moping no-friend loser he his. Also, Irvine's pretty good, but still - Zell rules!

COLOR=red]I'm sorry but I have to disagree, Squall may be a loner but maybe he doesn't need friends, he's the strong silent type, Zell only acts tuff to hide the fact that he is really a weak liitle child inside. [/COLOR]

p.s. Squall comes out of his shell towards the end thanks to Rinoa

Peegee
02-16-2004, 05:01 PM
Xu. She's hot

Ice_andmice
02-18-2004, 10:01 AM
Dream? I think he was weird talking all thoose dream stuff but sure yeah he was a cool guy
didnt give a damn about anything at all :P

When i think of zell the first thing that pops up in my head is just like Squall said .. LOOOUUD the guy cant shut his mouth for 5minutes ehrm.... except when he is eating hotdogs ;)