PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VI PSX iso saving problems

Flying Mullet
12-03-2003, 03:36 PM
I've been trying to copy/save my PSX Final Fantasy VI onto my computer. That part works great, but when I try to play the game, it always dies on the first menu screen ("New Game", Continue", etc...) when I hit a button/direction key. I've tried re-saving/copying the disk to see if it was a bad save, but I get the same error again and again.

Here's the error code I get:
Opcode 3f UNK (PC 000ca750)(3837, 6)

Any ideas of what's going on? None of my other iso copy/saves have had problems. I wonder if it has to do with the bad burn the Final Fantasy VI CD has (paltry load times, etc...).

Peegee
12-03-2003, 04:17 PM
logically speaking, if it's "your" FF6, then why not use the FF6 cd?

http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=40867 <= go there

crono_logical
12-03-2003, 04:57 PM
Because anyone that knows what they're doing when emulating will know that running from an image off the HD is faster and gives better performance than directly from the CD :D If you still have any problems with that, go post in the thread you linked to.

Flying Mullet: What emulator and plugins you using? FF6 doesn't require subchannel data to emulate so I doubt it's a problem with the rip unless you did something weird there. You could test by trying to run straight from the disc and see if the same happens there or not. And as far as I know, the horrid load times etc. have nothing to do with Square burning the CD wrong, it's more the way the game was ported rather than remade for the PSX.

Flying Mullet
12-04-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Pee Gee
logically speaking, if it's "your" FF6, then why not use the FF6 cd?

http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=40867 <= go there

Just as crono said, I get much better performance running from the hard drive. That's why I'm copying the CD to my hard drive.

<i>What emulator and plugins you using?</i>
I'm using ePSXe with scph1001-USA BIOS, Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.73 and Pete's DSound Audio Driver 1.15.