PDA

View Full Version : FF movies

Stayin Dizzy
12-03-2003, 07:48 PM
I know advent childrens coming out not too far off, but I heard that square made 2 other FF anime movies. anyone know their names??

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-03-2003, 08:45 PM
Legend of the Crystals: Based on Final Fantasy was made in 1994. It takes place hundreds of years after the end of Final Fantasy V and is separated into four anime OVA episodes: Wind Chapter, Fire Chapter, Dragon Chapter, and Star Chapter. It's great.

Final Fantasy Unlimited was an ill-conceived anime television series that finished airing in Japan fairly recently. It was supposed to run for 52 episodes, but it only lasted for 26 because it was stupid and nobody liked it.

Then there's Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, which I doubt anyone at Square even likes considering how much money it failed to make for them.

Stayin Dizzy
12-03-2003, 08:56 PM
Where can I find this legend of the crystals?? I'll buy it if it's not available online

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-03-2003, 10:17 PM
Amazon, The Right Stuf, Anime Nation, and so on should all be able to provide it. It's still only available on VHS, though, and separated into two volumes.

Lord Chainsaw
12-03-2003, 11:33 PM
I didn't know that Legend of the Crystals took place after Final Fantasy V. I thought it was just based upon it.

So does that mean that thing in it was X-Death?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-04-2003, 12:40 AM
No, it was Ra Devil, who eventually transformed into Deathgyunos. Characters make references, however, to Batz, Exdeath (called Exodes--"ex-oh-deez"), the other heroes (called the Valiant Ones rather than the Light Warriors), and especially Cid. Cid, though dead of course, has a big impact on the story, as does Mid, who manifests as a ghost to help our new heroes.

The active Queen of Tycoon, though not one of the heroes, is obviously Reina's descendant (since she has the exact same name and everything), and the Hiryű returns, as well. The main heroine is a descendant of Batz, and there's also a band of pirates that must have been inspired by Faris and her gang, since they follow the same pattern: a buncha big brutes with a sexy leader.

DocFrance
12-04-2003, 01:08 AM
Has said anime been translated to Engrish English? If so, is it dubbed or subbed?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-04-2003, 01:35 AM
It's been available translated, both subbed and dubbed, since '98, courtesy of Urban Vision. It's notably one of the only anime that I prefer to watch dubbed; the English voice acting is fantastically hilarious.

SomethingBig
12-04-2003, 02:33 PM
I remember seeing the first two episodes of the Legend of the Crystals. I believe I left off where the main hero and heroine escape after being captured by the evil guy. I cried after finding out that there were only two episodes on the VHS.

Stayin Dizzy
12-04-2003, 02:38 PM
I'll be looking to purchase all of them soon then, or if I can find shareware than better. Hopefully I'll have all of them by end of January and uploaded on my pc. and any of the regulars can get copies