PDA

View Full Version : Who is the top FFVII character?

luke webster
12-04-2003, 01:28 PM
I think the best FFVII character is either Cid or Yuffie. Cid has a mean spear and Yuffie, erm... Yuffie's a ninja and she throws spiky objects at people. Like she was in Manchester.

Stayin Dizzy
12-04-2003, 05:56 PM
Yes Cid is Badass

But Each character is good in there own way.

One of Yuffie's attacks can deal 9999

Cloud is my favorite, and has omnislash

Aeris is a great healer while around

Barret: also strong, with mega all and counter attack

If you can master Tifa's final heaven shes awsome, and has good magic

Vincent can pull you out of tough jams when everyone is dead he has 1 hp and you boost him full health with a limit break

and Cait Sith...well he just blows

I always beat the game with Cloud, Barret, Cid and never switch teams

TheSpoonyBard
12-04-2003, 06:03 PM
Aerith, obviously. She saves the whole world, remeber, with her Holy summoning So without her, you'd be in big trouble.

Daedra
12-04-2003, 06:03 PM
Sephiroth Rulez ! :p

And as for playable characters, I use Cloud (most interesting character, since he has a very complex story), Yuffie (when equipped with her last weapon, she can do a 9999 transform damage, great to get sources) and Cid (the best of the remaining characters for me thanks to his Highwind limit break).

soulICE
12-04-2003, 08:41 PM
EDIT: fine.. since at the end of the game you could literally make everyone stat's IDENTICAL, im an idiot for thinking that one person's magic is better than anothers, therefore just using one character for that reason.

vincent, cloud, tifa. there.

Daedra
12-04-2003, 10:09 PM
The point is that, when you reach the endgame, you can manage to have all of your party members with 255 in each stat.
Therefore what makes a good character for me is its "special attributes", such as the limit break and final weapon.

zacks_clone
12-05-2003, 12:14 AM
Well,we know you like Sephiroth Daedin.Love your signature by the way.

Yes,Sephiroth rules.Seph,Cloud and Zack are my faves,through yopu cant really use two of them.As far as battles and storys go,for playable characters,Cloud,Vincent and Tifa take the cup.Im always using them

ForeverZeroUltima
12-05-2003, 12:52 AM
i'm still experimenting right now (i started a game to master Yuffie and Vincent's limits, another game to master Barret and Red XIII's limits, and right now i'm working on one to master Tifa and Cid's. I've already done Cait Sith in a previous game that i 'accidently' saved over).

but so far, with my little 'experiments', i'd say that, apart from Cloud's rigged Omnislash, Barret's Catastrophe rules, followed closely by Vincent's Chaos. Red XIII and Yuffie tie cuz Cosmo Memory and All Creation both do 9999 damage once.

Dyce_darg
12-05-2003, 02:43 AM
I find that Cloud, Vincent, and Cid are the best team and I always use them. After watching the Advent Children trailer me and my friends came to the conclusion that nobody can beat Cloud at anytime,anyplace, or anywhere.

Tha Cyckest
12-05-2003, 04:39 PM
Sephuroth, obviously...

Daedra
12-05-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by ForeverZeroUltima
Red XIII and Yuffie tie cuz Cosmo Memory and All Creation both do 9999 damage once.

When you're doing 9999 damage with All Creation, try switching to the multi-slash level 3 limit Break (I can't remeber its English name ^^). You may go over 10 000 damage points quite quickly.

ForeverZeroUltima
12-06-2003, 09:39 PM
i know that but i just like seeing the sequences of the ultimate limits :grin

Numisma
12-06-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Daedin
When you're doing 9999 damage with All Creation, try switching to the multi-slash level 3 limit Break (I can't remeber its English name ^^). You may go over 10 000 damage points quite quickly.

Doom of the Living, i believe. 15 individual half-power attacks. plus, it is cool to see her slice things up.

Daedra
12-06-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Numisma
Doom of the Living, i believe. 15 individual half-power attacks. plus, it is cool to see her slice things up.

That's the name. And the animated sequence is damn cool

Daydrius
12-06-2003, 10:45 PM
The coolest playable charcater was Vincet...soo damn cool

Rostum
12-07-2003, 09:38 AM
Vincent is a great FFVII character. He just seems so dark and mysterious and has a huge burdon on his back, from past reasons. His limit breaks let him transform into nightmarish monsters and he has a cape! Got to love that cape.

Breine
12-07-2003, 05:16 PM
I mostly use Tifa and Aeris. I don't really know why... I just like 'em...

MagicKnight Locke
12-07-2003, 06:15 PM
Your characters:Vincent
All characters:Reno

Psychotic
12-07-2003, 07:57 PM
Cloud. Or maybe Reno. Nah, Cloud.

artimis
12-07-2003, 09:04 PM
My party was
Cloud
Aeris
Tifa (untill Aeris died)

Then it was
Cloud
Yuffi
Tifa

sometimes I threw Vincent in the mix :mog: I level builded everyone else because the games just addictive :love:

CloudDragon
12-08-2003, 04:29 AM
Cid or Cloud. Tough decision between those two.

Lord Soth
12-08-2003, 06:18 PM
If we re talking about every characters in FF VII,my choice would be Sephiroth,without any questions.But for playable characters,obviously,it would be Cloud,cause his story is really nice and he s by far the best fighter with omnislash.Aeris was really good,for the time you have her...A real magic user is always helpful

blitzballstar01
12-15-2003, 10:43 PM
i like cloud, aeris, and tifa. i dont know y, i just do. i guess i like their personalities the best, im not sure. but sephiroth is the all time bad guy out of all of the FF's. hes awesome.

but usually, when picking my party, i just pick the three with the highest levels. lol. because if you pay attention, while you raise levels with your three main characters, everyone else raises their levels too, you just dont see them do it. thats a pretty kewl feature.

Shadow8017
12-16-2003, 11:28 PM
I don't mean to be cliche' here but for me ... prabably Cloud . The fact that he's the main char doesn't necassarily have anythign to do with it ... there's just somethin so damn cool about a little skinny dude wielding a sword that prabably weighs more than him .

Shoeberto
12-17-2003, 08:48 PM
Reno is TOP OF COOL

Dew Tears
12-19-2003, 02:44 AM
Before Disc 2, I used Cloud, Tifa and Aeris, which worked in good conjunction if trained right. I equipped all three with magic so as to balance a strategy. Instead of trusting one character with one task, I gave all three rounded stats and magic. Cloud was mostly an attacker, healing whenever. Aeris was the standard healer, but I gave her the strongest magic due to her high magic and spirit stats. Tifa was physical and with a little magic attached, guarding most of the time to build up her limit breaks.

But after Aeris was no longer available for battle, and I didn't have a way to shark her again, I had to shift my strategy a little. I added in Vincent in the back row (with HIS stats, obviously) with the basic Cure, Fire, and Ice magic, and I think Time as well. I pretty much attack and defend until the limit gauge fills up and then, bye bye enemy. Tifa and Cloud, however, have remained the same, except Tifa has some of Aeris's old materia.

Inuyasha23
12-19-2003, 03:51 PM
no contest.....cid and cloud

cloud_________strife
12-19-2003, 09:37 PM
i say cloud is the best because he has the omni slash but right next to him vincent is by far the best

Oni
12-21-2003, 09:37 PM
Well, favorite-character-wise, my choices would have to be Nanaki, Vincent, Yuffie, and Cait Sith. I like Nanaki just because he's freaking awesome, Vincent because he's Vincent, Yuffie because she's a funny character, and Cait Sith because he's also a funny character.

Party-wise, I use Cloud, Nanaki, and Cid/Yuffie.

-Oni

Liquid Glass
12-22-2003, 05:50 AM
Cloud and Sephiroth are my favorite characters. I like Cloud because of his awesome story and past, and sephiroth because he just rocks. Not to mention:

Cloud:
>Omnislash=80,000
>Mime
>Omnislash=80,000
>mime
>Omnislash=80,000
Ect.
ect.

ahh, gotta love it. :D