PDA

View Full Version : Which one should I get? FFVIII or FFIX?

jorwisgar
12-05-2003, 04:38 AM
So I've got the money for one game.
I already have FFI - FF7 and CT.
Maybe later I'll get a PS2, but for now, which one is better? Which one should I get?
I've read that FF9 has that old style of the first FF's, whix is great, but also, that FF8 is all romantic and has a lot of battles and stuff..

So, what do you say?

TheAbominatrix
12-05-2003, 04:54 AM
I'd say neither, really. Personally, I prefered VIII. The story was lacking and it had a lot of faults, but it was fun. IX has an insane amount of random battles, and a lot of annoyances, and I really didnt like it.

It's a matter of personal preference though, I'd say just flip a coin.

black orb
12-05-2003, 05:12 AM
>>> If you want to have fun buy FF9, if you want to waste your time buy FF8..

jorwisgar
12-05-2003, 05:18 AM
but, why??????????????:cry: :cry: :cry:

TheAbominatrix
12-05-2003, 05:24 AM
You're going to get a hundred different opinions on this, like I said just flip a coin. There's no real way to tell which one you'll like, if you'll like either. I say go somewhere and rent them or borrow them from someone else before you buy either.

jorwisgar
12-05-2003, 05:28 AM
That'as the problem. Since I live in Mexico, I can't rent it. There are no stores that rent videogames here. And also, nobody I know has one of them, or even likes Final Fantasy...

black orb
12-05-2003, 06:29 AM
>>> If you dont trust me, trust your instinct.
but dont blame me later if you choose a crappy game like FF8 :D

Talus
12-05-2003, 06:44 AM
I pretty much enjoyed every Final Fantasy. I enjoyed FFVIII the least but I still liked it. I recommend playing both of these games at some point, so I guess it really doesn't matter which one you pick first.

Germ Hamee
12-05-2003, 07:18 AM
I say IX. Because it's my favorite FF, and if it's Reyn's favorite FF, it's gotta be awesome, right? Right?? *thwacks people ignoring him* :mad:

I thought it had a nice story and music. FF8 was generally all about hooking Squall up with Rinoa. If you're into soap opera science fiction, go with eight.

luke webster
12-05-2003, 11:00 AM
:mad2: YOU FREAK! You don't own them yet! AAARGH!... Ahem, I mean, you should get both they're fairly cheap now. I prefer FFVIII - it's more difficult, has a better storyline and you can play as Zell!

eternalshiva
12-05-2003, 11:09 AM
yeah, FF8 is a long love story, super long with a dual story line.

FF9 was ok, but it was way too easy. It was FUN but too easy. I thought FF8 actually had some challenge in it and the final boss was super hard. I :love: FF8 more than FF9.

FF9 has fun mini-games and sidequests, FF8 has a lot of hidden stuff and I really liked the battle system, the weapons/equipment system, and I'm a hard core romantic so the story line with Squall and Riona was a plus. The summons were cool to get, and some were actually tough *shudders at Tiamat*

I recommend FF8.

Outsider
12-05-2003, 03:30 PM
FF9 is not very good, but FF8 sucks a lot...

You never should choose FF8...

Marvin the machine
12-05-2003, 05:10 PM
I think thatt both are great but I liked FFVIII a litttle more.

Cz
12-05-2003, 09:02 PM
I'd recommend FFIX. It has a more strategic battle system, a nice range of characters, and some great callbacks from earlier in the series. Plus, the soundtrack it absolutely fantastic.

NM
12-05-2003, 09:20 PM
I'd go for FF8 it's a much better game. I found 8 more of a challenge. It took me about 3 months to finish it the first time through were as I finished FF9 in a week.

m4tt
12-05-2003, 10:24 PM
Yeah, it took me a long time to finish FF8 too. Probably because I kept falling asleep while playing it.. :o

FF9 is a million times better than 8. Get that.