PDA

View Full Version : I NEED HELP!!!

Enoki
12-06-2003, 01:34 AM
Ok I need three things:

1:Pointers on not letting Yojimbo's dog kill me after he's done zanmato

2: what are some good items to use w/ the alchemist's mix ability?

3: Where do i get the dark knight dressphere?

sarar
12-06-2003, 08:13 PM
1. Calm Lands right? Well, casting Regen on your players before he takes all your MP and casts zanmato could be help so that after you are reduced to 1 HP, it could raise your HP before the dog hits you. What I did was I had Yuna as a White Mage and constanty healed or casted Pray wich gave about 80 HP to all my players so they would survive the first hit. Then just keep casting pray cause your MP is probably gone by now. By casting Pray you can raise your HP's of everyone to at least 200 before Yojimbo casts zanmato again. So as long as you have enough HP to stay alive it's okay because you'll be reduced back to 1 anyway. That might be of help, might not?

I don't know the answers to yoru other questions. Sorry

Vaprice
12-06-2003, 08:30 PM
First to get the dark Knight Dressphere. You should've gotten it in the lowest deepest darkest dungeon of Bevelle. Before you faced Ballairi or whatever his name is. And before Bahumut.

You can beat Yojimbo by not using a black mage but by having a white mage or alchemist (potion plus high potion makes mega-potion) dark knights. First cast a chocobo wing or a chcobo feather. Id use a chocobo wing. You just got to keep your HP up. And fight, dont worry if more than one of your characters are dead. Use a mega pheonix down. When your down to 1HP and 1 MP....Dont count on MP anymore, ya have to get your alchemist or white mage to hurry up and heal everyone. Might want to have a grid sphere that can block out posin.

Enoki
12-07-2003, 12:41 AM
So am i screwed on getting dark knight if ive past baralai and bahmut already?

Vaprice
12-07-2003, 12:47 AM
Aparently it would seem so. But I do not know for sure, you do go back into bevelle later on (which is a B****) but you do gain some level expeirence. Dont die though. I would think it;d still be possible to get it.

cykak
12-07-2003, 03:16 AM
Basically, Yojimbo's attacks suck up your MP dry, and his Zanmanto brings down every character's HP and MP to 1. However, you do not need MP to win this battle, it is not in anyway required, I didn't consume any. In this case, an Alchemist comes in handy, I made Rikku my Alchemist, Yuna my Gunner, and Paine as a Dark Knight. If you don't have Dark Knight, then it'll still be easy for you, it'll just be moreorless time consuming. So for Yuna and Paine, or whomever if you feel like using someone else for an Alchemist.

The key abilites in this battle are Rikku's Mix ability, Yuna's Trigger Happy, and Paine's Darkness attack with the Dark Knight dressphere. For me, Paine's Darkness took away the most for me, Trigger Happy is ok, but just use whatever you feel takes away the most damage.

In the beggining, have your alchemist use a Chocobo Wing to haste the entire party, or just a Chocobo Feather, as long as the Alchemist goes into haste, the battle does end quicker if the entire party is in haste. If your HP drops low, have your Alchemist mix a potion and a high potion to form a mega-potion, which recovers 2000 HP for YRP.

The key in this battle is to wait for Yojimbo's Zanmanto attack, while he's using it (during the animation of the attack, not before) have your alchemist IMMEDIENTLY mix a potion and a high potion to bring your HP up, again, MP does not matter as long as you're using Trigger Happy and Darkness, if it does, then it shouldn't be that big of a problem anyway. Even if you don't get the mix off in time, you can still come back, so don't give up.

Anyway yeah, pretty easy. I'm sure a lot of people felt that it was easy, but I just felt like posting this for those that were having probs.

eternalshiva
12-10-2003, 10:22 AM
Actually, you can go back to bevelle anytime and pick it up after Chapter 3. *The Dark Knight Sphere*

Enoki
12-10-2003, 10:33 PM
Where in bevelle is it?

cykak
12-10-2003, 10:57 PM
Remember that treasure near the save sphere right before you had to fight Baralai? Thats the one. Just figure out how to get more steps to rise up to get to it.

Enoki
12-10-2003, 11:09 PM
thanx, u wouldnt happen to know how would u?

edit: ok i brought up one set of stairs but i still cant reach it

edit again: i did it woohoo!

eternalshiva
12-11-2003, 09:51 AM
YAY! *gives Enoki celebration cookies*

Enoki
12-12-2003, 01:36 AM
mmmmmm.....cookies.....

theangelofdeath7
12-26-2003, 04:33 AM
i've got like three steps going up to it... but thats it, and i need a fourth one or something, cuz i can't get it... help

cykak
12-26-2003, 07:10 PM
Go outside the cave after you finish saving all the people you can find and a guy will give you the last thing to activate the path thing.

J3cht
03-13-2004, 09:55 AM
i heard you have to give the "awesome sphere" to the New Yevon to be able to get the dark knight sphere is this right?

Kupo
03-13-2004, 02:52 PM
Nope, I've given it to New Yevon most of my times through and had no problem following the steps to get the dark knight sphere.

Also, for Yojimbo, I equipped Ragnarok accessories on two of my characters to bring their MP cost to 0, and Ribbons (or Shmooth Shailings) on all three- if you have them. That way, if he performs Zanmato and you're already poisoned from an attack from the *#@! dog, you won't die right after the attack is over. I just did two Dark Knights and an alchemist with the "stash" ability, and had her keep chucking mega-potions on all three of the girls. :moggie:

jochirin
03-15-2004, 07:52 AM
if you have that stuff it means you are on the second (or more) time throug the game. if you are playing the game fore the second time you should eq lady luck from the begining. this way yojimbo dies before he gets to use zanamato. (this was posted as a coment to kupo)

FinalFantasyGirl2008
03-22-2004, 12:29 AM
Nope, i didnt give the awesome sphere to new yevon.. and i got the dark knight sphere.

:mog: Kupo :mog:

Master_Dragoner
04-03-2004, 01:14 AM
Hey, didn't anyone do this on chapter 3 before Baralai/Dark Knight like I did? I didn't find it too hard, it just took longer and used more hi-potions and ethers.

I used a gambler's dice ability to get a large combo up (10 hits x 100 damage) before attacking with my beserker for 1500-2000 damage, and using my white mage to heal.

Poison protection of some sort is a must, so that you don't die before healing after zanmato, and I just used hi-potions and ethers ('cause I didn't know about or have any alchemists/ragnaroks yet).

It's not that hard without dark knight or other things. Did anyone else do it before Bevelle like I did?

aeris2001x2
04-03-2004, 01:24 AM
my method was to just yunas special dress sphere. it was remarkably easy, but then my party was high 4 chapter 3.

just wait till the magus sisters! they have a zanmoto equilvent move(delta attack), and then all 3 get a turn(unless u r quite fast) as opposed to just a dog.not exactly fair. alsothe first compulsory boss that is DEFINITLY harder then the last boss.

zoti
04-07-2004, 07:47 PM
then my players are fast....after the magus sisters had used their delta attack each of my character got a turn....