PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Chocobo Breeding Question!

Xider
12-06-2003, 09:52 PM
Alright, much like someone else who created a post, I am on the third disc of FF7 and all I have left to do is go in the North Crater and beat Jenova and Sepiroth. First though (after seeing sephy's wrath) I decided i would get the Knights of the Round Table Materia. I need to breed a gold chocobo or whatever climbs Mts and water, but I can not figure out how. I have four Chocobo's captured and they are in the fence outside. I've got greens and nuts, and I have rented tons of Stable's from the old guy in the house. I don't know how to get the Chocobo's in the stable!!! He tells me to speak to his son, and I do, and he just tells me I have no Chocobo's in the stable! HOW DO YA GET THE CHOCOBO'S IN THE STABLE??? Thanks!

Mo-Nercy
12-07-2003, 02:07 AM
Tell the son to "Move Chocobos" It should be the first in the list of options. Make sure the ones you move are breedable (ie. male and female.) Every chocobo that enters the stable is rated by the son. If you want a river/mountain chocobo, you're gonna need a Good or Great chocobo (2 to mate). These are found around Mideel, Gold Saucer, Rocket Town. Mate them with Carob Nuts, stolen/won from these big red dinosaur things around the grassy area of Bone Village.

After you have both River and Mountain chocobos (you'll probably need to mate them twice or use a completely different pair of chocobos.) Mate the two with a Carob Nut (hopefully, they're male and female) to get a Black Chocobo which crosses both Rivers and Mountains. Yay!

Then, go catch a Wonderful Chocobo, found near Icicle Inn. When you're there, you'll always end up with either wonderful, or terrible. It can be frustrating, so keep at it. After you do catch one, mate the Black and Wonderful together with a Zeio Nut, stolen/won from Goblins on Goblin Island, a bit east of Midgar.

Ta-dah. Gold Chocobo for you.

Note1: To increases chances of a successful mating, race your Chocobos at the Gold Saucer until they're at least A class.

Note2: Save before every mating. Reset if it's not the desired one. But if you followed Note1, you shouldn't have to. Better be safe than sorry right?