PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Final Fantasy villian of all time???

Tha Cyckest
12-07-2003, 06:58 PM
To me, it's between Kefka, Sephiroth, and Kuja.

If I wanted to take the easy way out, I could just pick Sephy. He was definitely very bad ass, and I remember seeing that timeless image of him walking through the flames of Nibelheim for the very first time. :whoa: I could swear he was the devil!!! But if you really stop and think about it, what exactly was Sephiroth's motivation for the things he did??? His goals were always crystal clear (summoning "meteor"), but the things that drove him to wanting the goal in the first place were never clear. Sure, you can argue that "HE'S CRAZY, THAT'S WHY!!!", but still...

Then there's Kekfa, IMO the most evil man in video game history. These are just one of those villains that are so easy to hate. He was like a little spirte-based Hitler in his ways, and that laugh... But then that's also a downfall. Kekfa is SO evil, it can actually be perceived as a bit ridiculous, even humorous at times. That's takes away some of his thunder.

And finally, Kuja. Definitely the most underrated villain if anything, I think square managed to combine Seph's "bad assness" and Kekfa's pure, unadulterated "evilness", and capture it in the form of this character. And plus, he's got that personal dragon with him! How could you compete with that? VERY cool baddy indeed, but then comes his downfall... his looks... I know the Japanese might be keen on the whole "super effeminate, gender confsuion" bit, but I am not. Kuja lost some points there. So, who do I choose???... Anyway, have fun voting!!!

P.S. If it seems like some of the "villains" listed for the older generation ff's are just the names of the last things you fight, it is because they are!!! I haven't played the ff's before FF5, so correct me if I named the wrong villain for a certain game...

Outsider
12-07-2003, 09:06 PM
Who the hell is "Bahaumat (FFIV)"? FFIV villain was Golbez...

Talus
12-07-2003, 09:22 PM
Was it Golbez, or Zeromus? Think about it.

Daedra
12-07-2003, 09:24 PM
I am quite into Kuja's look, I think it fits his personnality very well. But I think he looses some points when comes the part with Garland... I did not really like that part of the scenario, which makes Sephiroth the best villain for me

Flying Mullet
12-07-2003, 09:32 PM
Kefka!

muah-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Outsider
12-07-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Talus
Was it Golbez, or Zeromus? Think about it.

Zeromus is the last boss, but Golbez is the villain during the game

And Kefka, of course, is the best villain of all time

artimis
12-07-2003, 10:00 PM
Did anyone else think Kuja was a girl at first. Seriously. First glimpse, thought it was a slutty chick, then found out hes a man...though he was gay..found out he was strait...was just scared.:mad:

Daedra
12-07-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by artimis found out he was strait...

How did you find out ?

black orb
12-08-2003, 12:35 AM
>>> FF1 Garland..

Tha Cyckest
12-08-2003, 04:03 PM
FFI= Garland
FFIV= Golbez

Are the villains listed for FFII and FFIII correct then?

Flying Mullet
12-08-2003, 04:44 PM
Okay people, you're starting to argue semantics. End Boss vs. Villian. Does it really matter?

Tha Cyckest
12-08-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Flying Pixie Cut
Okay people, you're starting to argue semantics. End Boss vs. Villian. Does it really matter?

Actually, I prefer we vote on villains, who were the main challangers to the good guys through out, then end bosses, who usually come completely from left field and had nothing to do with the plot at all...

TheSpoonyBard
12-08-2003, 05:36 PM
then end bosses, who usually come completely from left field and had nothing to do with the plot at all...

A good example of end bosses coming out of nowhere is on FFIX. Who'sever heard of Necron before you fight him?
My vote is for Sephiroth. I can't forget that scene in Nibelheim when he....you know (stops before he spoils the plot)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-08-2003, 08:13 PM
I stand by Goldor.

artimis
12-09-2003, 04:27 AM
lol the whole thing with Dagger kinda hinted hes strait lol. personaly i wasnt the biggest fan of 9. I thought 7 and 8 was better.

Danger
12-09-2003, 07:53 AM
Kefka and I've stated my reasons in another thread.

luke webster
12-09-2003, 01:18 PM
:choc: Sephiroth = dude. Sephiroths plan = evil yet brilliant. Sephiroths weapon = wicked. Some people think that Seifer was evil... HE JUST WANTED TO LIVE HIS DREAM! AAAAAARRGGHH! Why do people not like him. I understand hating Kuja - he's quite simply a psychotic puff.
My #1 result for the SelectSmart.com selector, Which Final Fantasy 8 character are you? (http://www.selectsmart.com/FREE/select.php?client=SorceressKnight), is Seifer Almasy
:mog:

Danger
12-10-2003, 01:16 AM
My #1 result for the SelectSmart.com selector, Which Final Fantasy 8 character are you?, is Seifer Almasy

I was Edea.....