PDA

View Full Version : Hey,cant you fill me in?(maybe spoilers)

zacks_clone
12-07-2003, 08:05 PM
Because I cannot go back a re-play Final Fantasy IX(fist disk is messed up),i was woundering if somone could perhaps answer a question for me.

If i remember correctly,soon after you meet freya you are aware of a tourniment(you tell dagger if you win you get a date from her).Iv tried and tried,but havent been able to WIN this blasted event.Could somone tell me if its possable?

Daedra
12-07-2003, 08:19 PM
Yes, it is possible, and quite easy if you know how to do it properly.

First, roam in any part of the city (artist place for exemple), and when only 4 minutes remain, go to the business quarter (sorry, I do not know the English names) and a great hog should be near the main place. Just kill it, and you've earned 80 points (I think ^^)

zacks_clone
12-07-2003, 08:24 PM
oh,cool.thank you very much.i wasnt sure if it could be done or not.Freya always won

Sefie1999AD
12-07-2003, 08:54 PM
Just a few things to add. When you kill Zaghnol, make sure Zidane does the finishing blow so that he gets all the points. Vivi being the winner is quite rare, but if you want that to happen, make sure both Zidane and Freya get beaten up by Zaghnol. However, I suggest you let Freya win because that lets you get a Coral Ring, which absorbs all thunder attacks. And by the way, you won't get into a date with Dagger even if you win the event.

black orb
12-08-2003, 03:17 AM
>>> I didnt know you are able to win with Vivi..
thanks for the info.

Flare_Star
12-09-2003, 04:33 PM
if Vivi wins you get the theatre ship card, which, to be honest, is pretty crap.

TheSpoonyBard
12-09-2003, 11:25 PM
In order for:

Zidane to win - Freya must be KO'd by the Zaghnol, and Zidane must land the finishing blow
Prize: 5,000 gil (not too sure on the exact amount, but I'm sure you recieve Gil)

Freya to win - Zidane must be KO'd by the Zaghnol
Prize: Coral Ring

Vivi to win - Freya and Zidane must be KO'd by the Zaghnol
Prize: Theatre Ship card

When fighting the Zaghnol do not forget to Steal the Mythril Gloves and the Needle Fork, as these are very good items that canot be bought until much later in the game.

Zeidrich
12-15-2003, 08:30 PM
I think its quite rubbish though as even if Zidane wins, you don't get a date with Dagger/Garnet.

Sefie1999AD
12-15-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Darkness
In order for:

Zidane to win - Freya must be KO'd by the Zaghnol, and Zidane must land the finishing blow

Freya to win - Zidane must be KO'd by the Zaghnol
Prize: Coral Ring

Not true. If you don't do anything special, Freya will win the event. You don't have to get Zidane beaten up by Zaghnol for Freya to win. Also, if you want Zidane to win, Freya doesn't have to get beaten up by Zaghnol. The one who does the finishing blow on Zaghnol will get loads of points. If Freya gets those points, she's a certain winner. If Zidane gets the points, you have a good chance of winning. Of course, knocking out Freya helps Zidane a bit with winning the contest, but I don't think it's necessary at all. Be fair in such a competition. :p

But for Vivi to win, I think both Zidane and Freya need to lose to Zaghnol. Don't worry, you won't get a game over if they both lose because it's just a mini-game. But as I said earlier, I'd rather have Freya win since Coral Ring is excellent. Get Vivi to win only if you want to see what happens when he wins.

little devil
06-10-2004, 01:57 PM
!iv always won !yay!

Del Murder
06-12-2004, 01:50 AM
Do not post in old threads, especially if that's all you have to say.