PDA

View Full Version : !HELP! Via Infinito! (spoilers)

Auron4Ever
12-08-2003, 02:26 AM
Hello one and all. I'm having probelms with Bevelle in Ch. 5. In order to open the Den of Woe in Mushroom Rock Rd. you need all of the Crimson Spheres located across Spira to open it.

The last two are in Bevelle in Ch. 5 in a place called the Via Infinito, an underground area where the deeper you go (there are around 100 levels) the harder the fiends get. I only got down to level three and I got my ass handed to me and Game Over.

Is there:

a.) An easy way to navigate the Via Infinito?

or

b.) a code (gameshark or not) that allows me to get all the Crimson Spheres so I dont have to bother with it?

I'd like to get into the Den of Woe to get the story completion.

I'm sure I'm not the only one having problems with this horrible episode of Chapter 5. Can anyone help me out? It would be greatly appreciated.

eternalshiva
12-08-2003, 10:12 AM
really? What level are your characters at? mine were at 60 and I got to level 50 no problem. You don;t have to fight the Tonberries that you see, you can actually just avoid them. Put grids that add to your HP, have High Magic defense and give you the abilities of a white mage. Better still, have an Alchemist, they're better. AVOID THE ELDER DRAKES on level 19... They killed me soooo hard I never even saw it coming. He jumps back and forth so as soon as he jumps backwards, pass him. If there's no way to pass him, go back to the save point. It remembers what level you were on last so, just go back to Level 19 and avoid him. The levels change all the time so he could be in an area that's easier to pass.

Equip stuff that will bring your HP up like a Diamond Bracer and keep spheres with High HP, like Dark Knight or Warrior.

Good Luck. the last sphere you're looking for is on level 20. the Infinity Level (100) is just to get a Completion in Chapter 5.

Enoki
12-10-2003, 10:32 PM
Where in Bevelle is the dark knight dress sphere? I thought it me be down in the via but i dont wanna go all the way down if i dont have to. and also just how many levels are in the thing?

eternalshiva
12-11-2003, 09:46 AM
It's not in the Dungeon, its in Bevelle Underground, before you discover that Vegnangun is missing. You can go back anytime and pick it up after Chapter 3.

Via Infinito? It has 100 levels but you can go up to the save point when ever you want, reload on items and go back to the same level you left from, which is excellent.

Just before you fight Baralai there's a chest where the save point it but you have to solve the puzzle to get the steps to come up so you can reach the chest. It has to do with the three lifts, you have to step on three platforms... I'm not making anysense... but meh. If you want more details PM me and I can whip up something to help.

Enoki
12-13-2003, 04:14 AM
wow via infinito just got hard at cloister 40. my characters are all level 40ish and Lord Jyscal just whooped up on me with ultima. that boys no joke, any suggestions?

eternalshiva
12-13-2003, 11:00 AM
reflect? xD I just hacked away at him and used an alchemist to mix mega potions at all turns and had my other two characters as Dark nights. I was higher than level 40 though, you may want to run around and level up.

Enoki
12-13-2003, 02:21 PM
i would have casted reflect but he turned into an elemental and i didnt know if his own attacks sent back at him would just heal him. also the fight didnt last long enough for me to cast it if i wanted to because ultima was his first attack.

and also why does everyone use the alchemist to mix mega potions when its much easier and cheaper to use a mega potion with the alchemist's stash ability?

eternalshiva
12-13-2003, 02:30 PM
its quicker >.< I use the stash as a last resort.

Equip the grid or put on bracelets that automatically casts reflect at the begining of the battle.

Enoki
12-13-2003, 02:35 PM
ok i just fought him again, i cast reflect and it worked against flare but he cast ultima like two turns later and it didnt work and i died again. adn i know reflect didnt just wear off cause the fight only lasted about 5 or 6 turns.

eternalshiva
12-13-2003, 02:44 PM
Hmm... Put on a grid that has high magical defense, + HP bracers and if you have auto-life, cast it ASAP or equip the grid that has it.

Enoki
12-13-2003, 02:52 PM
ill try but i dont think a highe hp is gonna help when the attack is doing 9999 to all my characters. and i dont have auto life. oh well maybe i'll get lucky sometime and he won;t cast it. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

eternalshiva
12-13-2003, 02:54 PM
What elemental is he?

Enoki
12-13-2003, 02:58 PM
Dark

eternalshiva
12-13-2003, 03:06 PM
well, according to some sources, you need auto abilities like auto life if you want to survive it and it suggests you have strong chain attacks. Umm, also, the bestiarie says that it is not imune to Eject, Power Break, Armor Break. Its immune to everything else ...

So like Darkn Knight, Samurai or Berserker could help. alchemist is a big help if you have auto-reflect but other wise, it recommends to be in the high 90s in levels so that your defense is high in Magic :/ Having the Damage Break abilities and the HP Break abilities from the Special spheres mastered will probably be the solution. If you don;t want to go for level 99 in your characters.

Try some non-elemental magics with a black mage ability grid. It has no elemental weaknesses.

EDIT: If you get the achemist to mix a Ghyshal Green and a Phoenix Down, you create a Final Phoenix, which is auto life I think or a Mega Phoenix and a Megaelixir (called the Fantasy Phoenix). One or the other I can't remeber.

Enoki
12-13-2003, 03:34 PM
thanx for the help i'll try later right now i gotta go to work

sephiroth21
12-13-2003, 07:10 PM
cant you just use no encouters in the via??

eternalshiva
12-13-2003, 08:10 PM
no, it cancels it out and what he's talking about is a boss at level 40.

sephiroth21
12-15-2003, 02:14 PM
im sooooo confused. im in chaptor 5 and i chose the beaside hole. what is the via thing, where the hell is dark knight and archamist dress spheres????? to confused.....*head explodes*

eternalshiva
12-15-2003, 02:20 PM
lol If you return to Bevelle, in one of the rooms *to the right, inside* you meet up with the Kinderguardians and they found a new dungeon. There's a save point there also. Just go down there and you are in Via Infinito, an EVILLY HARD dungeon xD

Dark Knight: Go Down into the foggy area of Bevelle, you have to change the lift to go down. You're going to go through the Fayth maze from FFX and then move on to the Chamber of the Fayth as you proceed through you end up finding the secret area they keep Vegnagun. Just before you fight Baralai, there a treasure chest down to the Left. Dark Knight Sphere.

Alchemist: You get the Sphere only if you managed to get the Chocobo Farm opened in the Calm Lands, you have to Help Clasko clear the fiends out of the old Monster Ranch. xD

You're on your way to the Final Boss Fight if you went down the holes. Vian Infinito is a seperate dungeon.

blitzballstar01
12-15-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Enoki
ill try but i dont think a highe hp is gonna help when the attack is doing 9999 to all my characters. and i dont have auto life. oh well maybe i'll get lucky sometime and he won;t cast it. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hey here's what I did for him, and I didn't have auto-life:

Well, since my people were like on level 83 when I got here, I had a pretty wide variety of abilities and strength. Dark Elemental has a good physical and magical defense, but my On The Level move with a gunner still did a little over 1000 with my levels so high. Also, my gun mage has 1000 needles, which ALWAYS does 1000 damage regardless of defense. So a few quick rounds of those two moves and he was finished, because he only has 9,999 HP.

Hope that helps.

And I have a problem too if anyone can help me. I am on level 100. I can beat the first dude no problem with my Cat Nip accessory (does 9999 damage every hit when HP is low). But the thing is....I CAN'T BEAT STUPID TREMA!!! I've been trying forever and it's making me so mad!! I have Yuna as my gunner in the yellow HP so I can use Trigger Happy (hehe 9999 every time) and then Paine and Rikku are Dark Knights each with 9999 HP because of accessories. If anyone has any possible strategy then PLEASE HELP!! I'm desperate. Thank you!!

sephiroth21
12-16-2003, 02:55 AM
thank you soooooooooooooo much eternalshiva your such a big help. just one last question. how do you use the special dress speres and which hole is the best one to go into or dose it even matter....

p.s. thank you........

blitzballstar01
12-16-2003, 03:31 AM
can anyone help me with my problem? cuz i hate Trema. ive been stuck for hours so i just shut it off im sick of it...ARGH!!! (bangs playstation 2 violently then gives up and sulks away)

eternalshiva
12-16-2003, 09:49 AM
The Special Dress Sphere?

You have to use all of the dresspheres on your grid in ONE battle, so try to set up one that has as little nodes as possible. Like the Unnerring Path *I think that's how its spelled* it only has two nodes. When you have used all of the spheres, it will flash a color *purple for Yuna, Orange for Rikku and Grey for Paine* Press R1 when you are in your dressphere menu and BAM you change into what ever. But this is like a summon, only one person can do this at a time. The special dressphere acts as a full party, there are three seperate sections to it and each section has to be leveled up. so basically, its going to take a while to level them up :)

The Holes:

If you do all five areas, you get a cool garment grid that lets you learn Ultima :) I suggest all five and you only have to do the Heretic Aeons Boss Fights once, so pick what ever, I went through Besaid first. It doesn't really matter, there's a save point where you fight the Aeons anyhoot, but make sure you get to the Farplane area before you go back to the ship to go down another hole.
---

Blitzballstar01

I haven't gotten that far yet in Bevelle, I only got to 50 before I got slaughtered and decided to finish the game xD

rinoa21
12-17-2003, 06:27 PM
Actually I seem to keep running into the nasty Elder Drake at level 7 or so.... I'm glad to know it's avoidable but the problem is that it shows up RIGHT at the beginning of the level so it's very hard to avoid him. If I stay still long enough will I see it's movement pattern or will it just chase after me like I'm a sitting duck> I've tried this twice already and I'm pretty sure it showed up at level 7, or maybe 8. And you can't escape the fight either, which REALLY sucks. Anyone see the Elder Drake this early too?

EDIT: Hey, I just figured it out. I guess since each level has a random layout, there is a layout that has one of those drakes in it. And I did sit there at the entrance and waited, and it definitely has a movement pattern (basically just back and forth). Key is to move just as it starts to move back. But the third time I tried it I got the drake on level 4! So I guess it really doesn't matter where you are, there is a small chance it may pop up!

Giga Guess
01-03-2004, 12:40 AM
Out of curiosity, do I have to finish this nightmare to get the Mascot dressphere? Because I have gotten an Episode Complete....

Seifer
01-03-2004, 12:49 AM
Yeah, and what about the cheap piece of crap, Chac, on 80? It kills you in about 4 rounds. Even after I depleted it MP it still used Stone Gaze and that other move that just wipes your whole party out. And oh, the Dark Knight still gets turned to stone, which pisses me off since that's not supposed to happen.

twobitmage
01-03-2004, 07:23 AM
when you get to level 100 check my strat for trema, I think it might help (in thread "I beat him!")

he's pretty hard either way but it makes it easier...and iron duke is TOTALLY worth it, IMO

Seifer
01-03-2004, 10:21 PM
I looked at that strategy. I mixed it in a few parts with some of my own strategy, and it did get me passed Chac in one shot, but now I'm stuck again with the next guy down. xD But that's only because I got cocky when I saw he didn't have as much HP. The Speed Bracer is an essential. I'm probably going to have to retry Trema 50 times when I get up to him.

twobitmage
01-03-2004, 11:44 PM
the secret to chac is to let her oversoul, she has more hp but she cant use that kill all technique (and equipping a ribbon/safety bits helps)

Seifer
01-05-2004, 01:13 AM
Yep, I did that, minus the Ribbon and Safety Bit part.

eternalshiva
01-05-2004, 10:00 AM
omg I ran into Ultima Weapon at level 48 and it totally kicked my ass. IT WAS A RANDOM BATTLE and he's immune to physical attacks and magic attacks! Any one have tips? I can't stop running into it anf it wipes out my party :(

twobitmage
01-05-2004, 07:48 PM
equip highroad winds on AT LEAST one character at all times so you have initiative, and RUN like the devils gonna nip at your ass

and by using the word nip, it reminded me that mebbe you can use cat nip (he is NOT immune to physical attacks)

eternalshiva
01-06-2004, 09:47 AM
He casts something that makes him immune after a while... I should know I battled it for like an hour and a half and none of my attacks were working :/ It totally sucked. I'll try that! thanks!

twobitmage
01-06-2004, 07:03 PM
*sings in a harmonious voice*

caaaaatt niiiiiiip

Giga Guess
02-28-2004, 02:26 AM
Basically, whaen he casts that, bolster your defence, and wait him out. Or run. Your choice. I have defeated him. And I was about level 40-something.

The key to Chac is one of 2 things.
1.) Moogle Cureja. ALL THE TIME (Best to have Ragnarok on Yuna), and merciless attacks.
2.) Pupu Platter. She ain't immune to Eject.
3.) Bribe? But I saved that for Paragon.

Trema is depressingly easy. Aside from speed (Which I must admit is phenomenal), his attacks are nothing to write home about, especially is you drain his MP (He doesn't use a LOT of magic, but no Demi, Ultima, Flare, and Meteor helps. And he can only attack one character at a time. And it REALLY helps if you have Mascots that know Ribbon, because I'm not exactly sure WHAT choking mist does.)

Black Elemental? Pssht! Moogle beam = done deal.

Concherer. Ugh.....Moogle Lifeja, and try to whittle him down. How much damage do you have to do to shatter his shell?

Paragon. I just bribed him. Without the Iron Duke, I was no match. And the Dark Matters helped a bit.

Any questions?

(BTW, I agree. Iron Duke is SOOOOO worth it.)

jochirin
03-19-2004, 11:39 AM
how do i beat the master tonberies i was on lvl 80ish and it kiked my butt with 30000 dmg. i used darkknight

eternalshiva
03-19-2004, 03:45 PM
I'm going to have a Via Infinito guide up on Site Staff this weekend so if you want to check it out then, the hints will be available then.

SeeDRankLou
03-19-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by eternalshiva
He casts something that makes him immune after a while... I should know I battled it for like an hour and a half and none of my attacks were working :/ It totally sucked. I'll try that! thanks!

Did you try using a Dark Knight? I was in the same situation when I first went against an Ultima Weapon. I however didn't have any of the girls able to change into a Dark Knight, so I tried forever to get a 777 with Random Reels, which is the only other thing that I thought might work. I don't know if the Dark Knight will do anything, but I was thinking that when I was in this situation.

Penance99999
03-21-2004, 03:23 AM
I have beaten all the infinito bosses. Paragon was one of the hardest though. Probably harder than trema, then again, trema never used his magic attacks because I was too fast for him with cat nip+trigger happy lv 3 :p

btw, iron duke is the best, but you have to beat the two hardest bosses in the game to get it. :mad:

So its kinda dumb.

I'm gonna keep beating trema on my new game+ files. Stock up on iron dukes. Then I will attempt all of the infinito without ever using catnip.

unknown88
03-21-2004, 09:37 PM
Via Infinito is pretty easy, until you get to the 80+ floor, then theres random Chacs everywhere, and the floors become annoying. Chac and Paragon are the strongest IMO, with Trema you just need to drain all mp and you're done.

BTW anyone ever tried getting Cry in the Night? Its almost impossible :mad2: