PDA

View Full Version : RARE FF Port

defier
12-08-2003, 04:23 AM
I'm in the process of collecting all the FF games and have come across a rare gem! I was unable to purchase it because it was pretty expensive.

So i thought i might post it on here and see what the experienced people on here have to say about it.

I posted it on some of the other forums i frequent more often but no one had heard of this port before.

It is Final Fantasy for the MSX.

Here is the ebay link to it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=49232&item=3060146058

DJZen
12-10-2003, 03:20 AM
there's a thread on this in the FF 1-4 zone. I think someone got some screens or something but I didn't really look.

Mystik_Ninja
12-12-2003, 04:26 PM
Yes, this is a very kewl port. The graphics sport a much larger color pallate and the sound on the intro screen will knock you socks off.
The rom is available for the those who don't mind a tedious search of foriegn sites. And the emulator of choice is a port of fMSX called fMSX-SDL, props to Marat Fayzullin->greatwork. It the only program to emulate the MSX_AUDIO which you will definately want.
If you would like some screenshots visit the collector's site at www.fforigins.com
There is also another thread with here with some differences that i've noticed between the original Famicaom version and this one.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-12-2003, 08:45 PM
It's really not that impressive.

Mystik_Ninja
12-13-2003, 02:53 PM
Sure and I suppose that Final Fantasy is not that impressive either. I mean its an old game, it has been updated to run on a different console. The whole size of the actual rom is under 256k. And on top of all that it has nothing to do with any other Square game ever made. We ought to just quit talking about it and get a life because its not like somebody actually spends time hosting this forum or that tons of people make sure to come read these post daily. As a matter of fact I really want to say something mean about FF1 right now, but nothing comes to mind.

Shoeberto
12-29-2003, 06:57 AM
<font color="#009999">
I've been telling them this for YEARS.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-29-2003, 07:28 AM
I'm so sorry, and you're absolutely right. FFI is the kewlest game ever, and the MSX port is the kewlest port ever. It's all just so gosh darn kewl that I want to explode. Or kill you.

Linus
12-29-2003, 07:30 AM
Or urinate!

SpikingZero
01-01-2004, 04:17 PM
The MSX screenshots look ugly and hurt my eyes.

DJZen
01-04-2004, 02:25 AM
Which part hurts your eyes? Is it the grey things that got turned blue, the white things that got turned orange, or the orange things that got turned pink? Seriously, it looked like that was all that was different.

KainHighwind
01-31-2004, 02:34 AM
I may be having a dumb moment, but what is an MSX?