PDA

View Full Version : Tactics - What happens if you...

-N-
12-08-2003, 07:18 AM
... let Algus die in the first Mandalia Plains battle?

DeBlayde
12-08-2003, 08:59 AM
it's been a while since I've played this game, but I think that if he Dies, you lose the mission and have to do it over again. after that mission, though, you can kill him on purpose, dance on his grave, kick him, whatever you like. he a rich snobbish <expletive deleted> anyways. it's all he deserves. Kill Delita too just for kicks. extra players like that don't get the annoying 3,2,1 count anyways.

DocFrance
12-08-2003, 05:20 PM
You'll get a game over when Algus dies only if you select the "We have to save him" option at the beginning of the battle. If you select the "Screw him, the Death Corps is more important" option, he can die in battle - though he still joins you when it's all over.

DeBlayde
12-08-2003, 11:19 PM
bah. kill 'im anyways. Death to Algus!!!!! he's a little *expletive deleted* anyways.

Ramza-Beolve
12-09-2003, 12:09 AM
What you talkin about?? Algus is a very big help in the beginning of the game and you definately need him...

Pancaek
12-09-2003, 04:20 AM
By the way, the first option about the Death Corps is better on all accounts. You get a +10 Brave boost (+2 permanent), and you can let Algus die.

Mwork
12-09-2003, 06:20 PM
But you'll be back to 70 Brave once Chapter 1 ends, anyway....

-N-
12-10-2003, 07:48 AM
... let the Chocobo die in Araguay Woods in Chapter 2?

Ghost
12-10-2003, 09:48 AM
(There are spoilers in this message, sorry. I don't know how to do that spiffy thing where you hide them under highlighting yet)

Nothing interesting. Either you fail the Mission and have to try again, or you just don't get to keep Boco. I can't remember which exactly but it's one of those.

As a side note, Boco kinda sucks. I kept him around for nostalgia's sake, same as Cloud.

(...can't believe I trained Cloud all the way up to Lv74 and he still sucked....)

P.S. Everyone knows the trick about making main characters say their little piece, right? Select, then click on the name? Boco's is cute. Cloud's is just stupid 'till you get his stupid sword from the stupid volcano. Then it's cool.

Edgar
12-11-2003, 03:46 PM
What you talkin about?? Algus is a very big help in the beginning of the game and you definately need him...

Yes, at giving the other side exp.

Both Algus and Delita has been a real pain in my game.

Flying Mullet
12-11-2003, 03:48 PM
I never used Algus. He's just in the way and takes up space.

Edgar
12-11-2003, 04:02 PM
Yep, I agree with Flying Mullet. I used Algus to strip off his crossbow for money lol.

Ramza_Beouvle
12-15-2003, 05:15 AM
uh huh uh huh uh huh, I agree witha all of you, Delita and Algus are useless, they waste your items, too. So never ever give them 'Item' as thier secondary ability.

Edgar
12-15-2003, 05:56 AM
Make them into good use! Like exp and their items for GP...heheheh :D

I was kinda pissed when Delita become a Holy Knight though, but Ramza could still kill him anyway.

Mehka Gallant
12-27-2003, 04:15 PM
Very nice responses. As to Algus and Delita... I cannot say I approve of their "future" occupations and sidings... As said in a few of the other posts, the only thing they're good for is taking their equipment to use or sell, taking hits to prevent your own deaths, and providing XP for the enemy, (and if you're really sadistic, like me, for your own team.)

I like to kill them off in the beginning of the battle for a little extra XP and JP while waiting for the enemy to approach. I don't teach them any new skills either... Just not worth it... VIVA LA DEATH TO ALGUS AND DELITA!!!

Rowen
04-22-2004, 04:07 AM
why doesn't ramza get his own special class. Is he the black sheep of his family. Absolutely everyone in his family, even his low rank friend delita get a special class. Oh wait, his basic skill title is changed to "guts" and he gets a few more skills than the average squire, bfd, lets see something cool come from this guy.

m4tt
04-22-2004, 03:17 PM
Please don't revive dead threads. Thankya!