PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best FF:TA job?

luke webster
12-08-2003, 10:56 AM
I reckon this: Human = assassin or ninja. Moogle = juggler or mog knight. Nu mou = sage or beastmaster. Viera = summoner or sniper. Bangaa = white monk or gladiator. That is what i think.

crono_logical
12-08-2003, 08:58 PM
For Viera's, I quite like having them as mastered Red Mage with mastered Fencer support or vice versa - I find a team of 5 of those is pretty strong :p

And I believe Assassin is a Viera's job, not Human :p

Red Wizard
12-11-2003, 04:40 AM
I find the Gunner/Juggler combination to be insanely useful. *nod* Paladin/Fighters are great, too. Bangaa I'd go with a Templar/Dragoon (with Jump and Dragonheart), Nu Mou are tough... though I'll probably go with White Mage/Time Mage on that one. Viera excel as Red Mage/Summoners, Fencer/Elementalists, and Assasin/Snipers.

Bandgeek
12-11-2003, 04:43 AM
Human= ninja/fighter
Viera= assassin
Nu mou= morpher(if you invest in it enough)
Bangaa= templar/dragoon
moogle = none, they all stink
overall= assassin (instant death +petrification)

Mo-Nercy
12-14-2003, 05:15 AM
I only ever use Viera's. They're cute. So far I've gone with Snipers and Red Mage/Fencer combinations. I've just made my Red Mage into an Elementalist. Should I ditch the Fencer abilities or the Red Mage?

Bandgeek
12-17-2003, 04:07 AM
I wouldn't suggest learning elementalist abilities unless it's for job requirements, as the abilities do little damage, and their side effects are caused more regularly with ninja veils. but if you're going to use elementalists anyway, I suggest ditching the fencer abilities as the red mage ones are much more useful, especially once you have doublecast.

Heath
12-20-2003, 11:27 AM
Human: Paladin-Fighter
Viera: Assassin-Summoner
Moogle: Gunner-Black Mage
Nu Mou: Alchemist-Sage
Bangaa: Dragoon-Templar
Human 2: Ninja-White Mage
<3

Garland
12-21-2003, 06:50 AM
Human - Hunter/Blue Mage
Nu Mou - Morpher/Beastmaster

Those two compliment each other well, as you can't level a Blue Mage well without a Beastmaster, and you can't level a Morpher well without a Hunter.

Moogle - Gadgeteer/Animist
Vierra - Summoner/Elementalist

Those two support the top two with disabling status effects and mass damage.

Bangaa - Dragoon/White Monk

My melee/medic unit. He can raise the dead and live to do it. I suppose it's unusual to combine the role of damage tank and emergency medic, but it's working for me. I don't like carrying around a devoted healer like a Nu Mou white mage. They die too fast.

Heath
12-21-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Garland
Bangaa - Dragoon/White Monk

My melee/medic unit. He can raise the dead and live to do it. I suppose it's unusual to combine the role of damage tank and emergency medic, but it's working for me. I don't like carrying around a devoted healer like a Nu Mou white mage. They die too fast.
My Viera, Nu Mou and second Human can all heal, and with elemental armours, so can my first Human (Holy Blade), Moogle and Bangaa, though the first doesn't really compliment the other two...

unknown88
12-28-2003, 05:37 PM
I haven't been playing for much time,but as far as I can remember these jobs are good:

Human: Hunter/Fighter
Bangaa: Defender/Gladiator
Moogle: Gunner/Juggler/Time Mage
Nu Mou: Alchemist/ Sage/ Time Mage
Viera: Assassin/ Sniper

DocFrance
12-28-2003, 08:10 PM
I'd have to say that the Fencer line of jobs (Fencer->Red Mage->Elementalist) simply own.

RagNar0k
01-01-2004, 06:07 AM
wow I never really developed the fencer job I hate them bunny lookin fools..but i guess by popular opinion ill have to.