PDA

View Full Version : Levelling Up

TogiB
12-08-2003, 05:11 PM
I am on the fourth disc, but my characters are not on very high levels. in fact, the only 2 characters over 50 are Zidane and Steiner. does anyone know the best place to level up on the fourth disc, someplace that would be suitable for a...........Lv. 27 Eiko (man, that was embarrassing.....)

DocFrance
12-08-2003, 05:17 PM
Yans, if you've got the gonads to face them.

Tha Cyckest
12-08-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by DocFrance
Yans, if you've got the gonads to face them.

Yans... *shudders*

Do you really think he should fight them with a lvl. 27 Eiko on his party??

Flying Mullet
12-08-2003, 05:20 PM
There are two spots that I like. Just northwest of the docks to Lindblum there is an island that has Grand Dragons on it. They are weak against Ice and cast a lot of Thunder so use coral rings or rubber armor to absorb or reduce the damage from the Thunder attacks.

The best experience in the game is from fightings Yans on Vile Island(it's southwest of the Ilfa tree and southeast of the Shimmering Island). They are hard, but give a but load of experience. I would suggest fighting the dragons to get everyone in their 50s and then trying your luck with the Yans.

Cz
12-08-2003, 08:01 PM
As a sidenote, Level 5 Death works on Grand Dragons, which can be learned from Whale Zombies on the beaches of Palmnell Island (The island with Chocobo's Lagoon inside it). You can find Grand Dragons to the North of that island, too.

TogiB
12-08-2003, 11:35 PM
wow, thanks, i will try them out. never heard of a Yan though, might as well see what i can do against them so i know how to prepare.....

SpikingZero
12-09-2003, 01:05 AM
Memoria. Most of the monsters there are difficult to beat, mind you (well, not hair-ripping difficult, but long and redundant), but they give pretty good EXP. And if you've learned skills which help you level up faster, it'll take much less time to get your party to respectable levels.

Phil
12-09-2003, 03:47 AM
Another good area to fight in is in the Desert Palace area. Go in the desert and fight sand worms. Also, if you go into the holes, you can fight AntLions. They are easy, but if you kill all of your party members but one, you can level up really fast. It sounds stupid but hey- it works. :p

Flare_Star
12-09-2003, 04:26 PM
if you are going to fight grand dragons, i suggest fighting them at Popos Heights, which is above Gizamalukes grotto. You ONLY fight grand dragons there, instead of in some places you fight those bloody gimme cats which get on my nerves.

dont bother fighting yans yet, my team is around level 75 and i have trouble beating 3 at once....

memoria is a good place to train, you get beter experience than grand dragons though the enemies are somewhat harder.

TogiB
12-09-2003, 04:29 PM
Ok, so i went to the island with the Yans. First thing i ran into were these cute little goat like thingies. Cue the AWWWWWW!!! then, all the sudden, one of the little creeps snorts eiko away (who is now on level 53, after an hour or two of Grand Dragons) then the other one kills Zidane with a comet, then before anyone else gets a turn, the other one snorts someone else awya. The sguys are way to fast!!!!! how the heck are you supposed to beat them!!!!!!

DocFrance
12-09-2003, 06:52 PM
There's a variety of ways. The best way I can think of is equip everyone with Shadow-absorbing or -blocking armor, as well as the Insomniac ability. In battle, have Quina cast Night, and then have Vivi cast Doomsday twice. But you have to be really quick since the Yans don't stay asleep for long.

TogiB
12-09-2003, 11:35 PM
Where would be the best place to get AP? yans don't give as much as i expected......

And what weapon teaches Doomsday? it is the only spell Vivi doesn't know.

Divina
12-09-2003, 11:46 PM
Vivi's Mace of Zeus, in Memoria. It's in the area just before you fight Lich.

DocFrance
12-10-2003, 02:04 AM
Best place for AP would probably be the Crystal World. There you fight reincarnations of the four Fiends as random encounters, and they'll give you 7 AP each.

Phil
12-10-2003, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by TogiB
Ok, so i went to the island with the Yans. First thing i ran into were these cute little goat like thingies. Cue the AWWWWWW!!! then, all the sudden, one of the little creeps snorts eiko away (who is now on level 53, after an hour or two of Grand Dragons) then the other one kills Zidane with a comet, then before anyone else gets a turn, the other one snorts someone else awya. The sguys are way to fast!!!!! how the heck are you supposed to beat them!!!!!!

Here's how to do some damage. Get Vivi, Zidane, Steiner, and Dagger. Use Flare, Flare Sword, Bahamut, and have zidane attack regularly. Thats the easy way. Heres the better way. Get Zidane, Eiko, Quina, and Vivi. Have zidane attack normaly, then have Quina cast Mighty Gaurd. Use Madeen, and then Flare. Next, have quina cast night at the end of every round for her turn. Make sure your charachters have items that prevent sleep. *the next part is optional*Whle they're asleep, kill quina. Then reviver her with a phoenix down. If your lucky, she'll get 1 hp back. Now use Limit glove, doing 9,999. If you dont do that, just do night every round. Keep using high level spells and you'll have 'em down in no time. Also make sure you have some ethers. THis'll cost you some mp.

TogiB
12-10-2003, 05:04 PM
yeah, i am getting a hang of fighting the yans, but i had a question.

DocFrance, by the Crystal World, do you mean Memoria? cause all i fight there are Iron Men and Chimera's (of course, i haven't bveat the first boss there yet i really want to have everything before i go to far.)

Flare_Star
12-11-2003, 04:40 PM
no, by crystal world, DocFrance means crystal world. You wouldnt think such a master like that would make something up would you? *cough*

crystal world is reached by finishing memoria. i wont reveal any more.......*mystical fade*

TogiB
12-11-2003, 06:06 PM
oic, i just beat the game last night, so i know what he was talking about now. i think the final boss was to easy, though.....i was expecting to die alot, but Eikop helped alot with full life. i love the ending.

Ryan
12-11-2003, 11:22 PM
awww... cue happy ending and fade to black

BUt anyways, the problem with some of your strategies on the yans is it requires certain characters to be present. THe truth is that if you have the patience you can get almost all your characters to do 9999 damage. Steiner with shock, freya with dragon's crest, zidane with theivery, vivi with bouncing flare of a reflection, amarant with power throwing a pinwheel or wing edge (or maybe using "no mercy", don't know about that one), even Quina with her frog drop (which you would need really high levels and a lot of frogs anyway. ) the best way i can see to use your summoners is as healers, because those yans are still gonna hand you your butts. but two hits of full damage take them out, happy hunting

Mo-Nercy
12-15-2003, 10:07 AM
My strat. First use Odin, if that doesn't work, use Roulette, see if you get lucky.

Sefie1999AD
12-15-2003, 04:41 PM
Yeah, the final boss isn't hard on level 70+. I guess you leveled up a bit too much. :p I'm glad you liked the ending, though.

If you still want Yan strategies, here's what I use to kill them effectively. You need Freya's Dragon Crest ability (kill some Grand Dragons to make it do 9999 damage every time), Steiner's Climhazzard (you need the Excalibur, which you can get after doing a bit of stuff in Treno Auction House) and Dagger's Odin. Having Odin's Sword ability is a good thing too, but not necessary. I'm not sure if Boost increases Odin's chance to instantly kill the enemies, but if it does, you should use that too, although it's not necessary either.

Anyway, you should always save before fighting the Yans. When you encounter 1-3 of them, hopefully you get a turn before they do since they're really fast. Have Dagger cast Odin. If you're lucky, it kills all the Yans. If not, have Steiner use Climhazzard and Freya use Dragon's Crest. They should both do 9999 damage to the remaining Yans, killing them. If they still aren't dead, summon Odin again. They aren't too hard to kill, but I prefer fighting the Grand Dragons or the enemies in Memoria because they aren't ask risky battles as the battles against the Yans.

m4tt
06-21-2004, 04:41 PM
Please don't revive old threads.