PDA

View Full Version : Adamant armor

Danger
12-08-2003, 05:51 PM
Who has a set of adamant armor (without cheating) and how bloody long did it take you to get it? I've spent upwards 5 hours in that blasted room and I've only fought those stupid pink puffs three times with no luck. The only joy I get out the whole experience is pretending that those pink puffs are power puff girls and my party is laying a beating on them.

Also, what are some other really rare items/weapons/armors that you can only get from battles and how useful are they. Here's a couple I've gotten:
Imp summon = useless
Bomb summon = pretty good (0 casting time and decent damage for 10MP)
Dragoon lance = great against dragons

Flying Mullet
12-08-2003, 06:00 PM
I have never gotten Adamant from the pink puffs. But considering that you have a 1/64 chance of fighting the pink puffs, and then a 1/64 chance of them dropping the Adamant, you'll be fighting a long time for that Adamant. It's a 1/4096 chance overall of getting Adamant, or 0.000244% chance.

Anyway, I always wanted to get just one, for Edge, because he's such a wuss and doesn't have any hit points to make up for it.

Mystik_Ninja
12-12-2003, 04:35 PM
Now, now lets not pick on the ninja folks. If edge wanted the armor he would be sure to find as many Alarm items as is possible so he could fight the puffs anytime he wanted while in the said room.

Outsider
12-12-2003, 05:03 PM
I only fought those Pink Puffs twice, I guess... And I never found the Pink Tail...

I can't even remember where to fight them... is it in the same place you find that "Breath" enemy?

Flying Mullet
12-12-2003, 05:05 PM
It's in B5 loor I believe, in a room in the southeast corner.

Danger
12-12-2003, 07:49 PM
I think that's the place. I'm pretty sure you get an elixir in the room (although its been so long since I played that I forget).

Zyrthofar
02-21-2004, 10:34 PM
Hi everyone...
I am a FF4 Hacker, and just wanted you to know the real numbers ^-^

The odds of encountering the PinkPuff group is: 1/64
The odds for each of them to give an item: 5% (1/20)
The odds for the item to be a PinkTail: 1/64

There are 5 PinkPuffs, each having 5% chances to drop an item, so 1/20 * 5 = 1/4 (the odds to receive any item after the PinkPuff fight is 1/4)

1/64 * 1/4 * 1/64 = 1/16384

This is the real number.
btw, the items given by a PinkPuff are the following:
128/256 -> Ether2
80/256 -> Elixir
44/256 -> Ninja Stars
4/256 -> PinkTail

I am currently creating a savegame editor for FF4, as well as a FF4 Rom editor... you can change pretty much everything you want :)

If you want any deep-level info on FF4, email me

(PS. I doubt many people will notice this reply... too bad...)

desh
06-09-2004, 05:33 PM
I just fought 99 pink puff battles in a row (5 per battle), and they didn't drop a pink tail :( According to Zrythofar, the chance of getting a Pink tail from is 1/256 everytime you fight 5 pink puffs; I guess i should have gotten 256 Alarms instead of only 99.

Zrythofar, you said that each pink puff has a 5% chance of dropping an item, is this true for all monsters, ie do all monsters have the same 5% chance of dropping an item (only if they're able to drop an item, of course)?

Dragoon_Kain
06-10-2004, 05:02 AM
Without cheatin, it took me 9 hours of sittin in that room, before i finally got a pink tail. Used every alarm I had, and just moved in and out of the square to fight them. I hate that room. From now on, if i want that armor. I'll hack my save state usin my hex editor. Great armor, takes FAR to long to get.

D_K

aeris2001x2
06-10-2004, 07:39 PM
of course u realise 2 finish the job u must get 4 more so every character has some adamant armour. how long would that take u think? :D

Flying Mullet
06-10-2004, 08:01 PM
I'm gonna give an estimate of another 36 hours. :p

aeris2001x2
06-10-2004, 08:09 PM
thats a rather optimistic estimate dont u think? :D lol.

Flying Mullet
06-10-2004, 08:41 PM
I'm a glass half-full kind of guy. :thumb:

Dragoon_Kain
06-11-2004, 04:47 AM
honestly, being as i had no more alarms? it prolly would have taken another 60 to 100 hours to get all of them adamant armor. but since i have never tried to get 4 pink tails. i dunno

D_K

Zyrthofar
06-11-2004, 11:24 PM
REPLY TO DESH

no. each enemy has a defined probability to drop an item. Those probabilities are:
0% (like most bosses and some enemies)
5% (like most enemies)
25% (looks like only Horseman has it)
100% (like Dr.Lugae to give a Tower Key at the end of the fight)

If the enemy did drop something, the game follows the link to the list of ItemDrops, where a set of four items it given. The probabilities for each different items were given in my previous post.

Hope my reply was interesting ^-^

ps. btw, it's Zyrthofar, not Zrythofar :)

desh
06-14-2004, 08:30 PM
Sorry about the spelling, I was dumb and was going back and forth between the "Reply to Thread" page and the page with all the posts in the same browser window.

So, the horseman are the only enemies with a higher chance of dropping an item, except for Lugae who needs to drop the key. Good to know.

Zyrthofar
06-16-2004, 03:57 AM
Actually, the following list is every enemy instance which ALWAYS give an item.
Dr. Lugae (Tower Key)
Dummy (Enemy 215, level 63, 2 hp, looks like a red bomb) (Cure1)
Dummy (Enemy 220, level 31, 60000 hp, looks like a lamia) (Heal)
Dummy (Enemy 222, level 1, 65000 hp, looks like a blue calbrena) (Life)

Keep in mind that it was the SNES FF2US version I hacked... some changes probably occured between versions.

The Dummies are in the programmer's room. Square wiped out their names because the room does not exists in FF2US.

And I really didn't mean to sound rude... I corrected my name in an informal way :).

Good day

If you have any other questions concerning FF2/4, don't hesitate!

EDIT: If you want a complete list of everything each enemy can give, just ask ^-^. I'll make one.

I also made a document giving everything related to level-ups for every characters (like spell learned, ability values, maximum and minimum possible HP and MP...) with graphs and data... if anyone's interrested.

Please do not double post. -Murder

Saint_007
10-31-2004, 01:47 PM
Actually, the following list is every enemy instance which ALWAYS give an item.
Dr. Lugae (Tower Key)
Dummy (Enemy 215, level 63, 2 hp, looks like a red bomb) (Cure1)
Dummy (Enemy 220, level 31, 60000 hp, looks like a lamia) (Heal)
Dummy (Enemy 222, level 1, 65000 hp, looks like a blue calbrena) (Life)

Keep in mind that it was the SNES FF2US version I hacked... some changes probably occured between versions.

The Dummies are in the programmer's room. Square wiped out their names because the room does not exists in FF2US.

And I really didn't mean to sound rude... I corrected my name in an informal way :).

Good day

If you have any other questions concerning FF2/4, don't hesitate!

EDIT: If you want a complete list of everything each enemy can give, just ask ^-^. I'll make one.

I also made a document giving everything related to level-ups for every characters (like spell learned, ability values, maximum and minimum possible HP and MP...) with graphs and data... if anyone's interrested.

Please do not double post. -Murder
*eyes tear*

Can I worship you?

Well, more importantly, how can I get that list of yours? Email? AIM?

Mage_of_Fire
10-31-2004, 08:00 PM
just make a save state right before you fight the puffs. Or even right before you kill em. I'm not sure when it calculates if you got one or not, but it definitely predicts your next battle before you fight it. You can go the same number of steps and you will still fight the same guys in any direction (unless you change areas and they aren't in that one, then you'll fight different monsters in the same number of steps). I've done this many times from probably 20 steps away or so.

Save states make games a lot easier... lol.

btw, where's this room exactly? Which dungeon?

Necronopticous
10-31-2004, 08:25 PM
Hi everyone...
I am a FF4 Hacker
This might go down in history as the coolest first words of any post to ever grace forums.eyesonff.com.

Zyrthofar
11-01-2004, 02:44 PM
^-^

Well, even though I sense a bit of sarcasm from you, I might be tempted to admit it was a weird introduction... I was only meaning that I found the info by myself, by studying the rom, and not by reading some files on internet (or I would have said 1/4096 like everyone else).

Good day everyone!

I attach the pdf I made that tells what every enemy can drop. It is a pretty comprehensive list based on FF2. I also made a completed Level-Up Information pdf (damn, takes over a hundred pages)... Anyone wants it?

Necronopticous
11-01-2004, 05:39 PM
No, I totally believe you. It's just a funny introduction.