PDA

View Full Version : i KnoW ThiS iS LaMe BuT...

silent_ultima
12-09-2003, 10:04 AM
i did it!!! i've defeated the emerald weapon without any materia equipped!!!!!!!! hehehehe i just equipped cloud and the rest of my party with their strongest weapon and just wait for the limit break to come. Occasionally i would use hero drink and megalixir.. the counter was roughly had 1 minute left when the Great Weapon bites the dust... hehehehe u guys should try it to.. but of course u must have all of u'r party's ultimate limit break...

TheNeverlasting
12-09-2003, 10:08 AM
Yea right, I cant beat him WITH materia....I would get slaughtered.

silent_ultima
12-09-2003, 10:12 AM
maybe there's sumthing wrong with ya party TheNeverlasting?? i was at level 80 sumthing when i did that strategy.. y don't u try it 1st then give u'r comment... the most deadly thing it would do is the air tam stomp.. which dealt damage according to ya materia... and i just kept using megalixir or hero drink until i got my limits... izzit that hard to believe?? just make sure that u'r life is 8000 and above.. if it's lower then u can't even survive his 3rd attack.. (just kidding... :tongue: )

TheNeverlasting
12-09-2003, 10:27 AM
Who was in your party, btw?

silent_ultima
12-09-2003, 12:53 PM
cloud, cid and yuffie.....
i uses mainly cloud's omnislash and cid's highwind... i didn't use yuffie's coz it just did minimal damage.. i only uses her as a "healer", throwing megalixir and hero drink occasionally, and skipping her turn if everyone is in good health.. the key is u have to keep everyone in maximum health... and just skip their turn until they've got their limit break.. and did u know that limit break got the highest priority?? which means that limit break will be executed 1st.....

Raistlin
12-09-2003, 01:39 PM
Emmy without materia is easy.

Now try Ruby. :D

silent_ultima
12-09-2003, 04:22 PM
thank god sumone believe me at last........ :tongue:
u guys should try it... i'm trying to find the best way to beat ruby.. tried it without the hades equipped.. damn he's one damn biatch.....

Daedra
12-09-2003, 09:41 PM
Yes, I think Ruby will be another challenge :)

And by the way, is it possible to have only one guy in your party ? (in every fight, not only vs Ruby)

Raistlin
12-10-2003, 01:16 AM
No. In some scenarios, another character is forced on you. Of course, you could just not do anything with that character, but there still runs the risk of an enemy casting confusion. Also, that character merely being there effects the battle, as enemies may attack him/her instead of your one character.

edczxcvbnm
12-10-2003, 01:59 AM
Its great when you beat the Emerald weapon at level 46 isn't it? Its just so easy.

TheNeverlasting
12-10-2003, 02:07 AM
silent_ultima, i never said i didnt believe you.
hehehehe u guys should try it to.. I just meant "yeah right, i cant beat him without materia, how can I beat him without it?"

I have beat Ruby, btw.

silent_ultima
12-10-2003, 02:34 AM
ohh but u'r words sumhow describ that u dun believe me.... oh well that's none of my business rite?? heheehhe any other challenge besides the ruby?? damn he's so hard.. i hafta admit i had to use hades...

TheNeverlasting
12-10-2003, 04:18 AM
OMFG !!! I love you silent_ultima!!! Your strategy is the only one that I've tried that actually works! I kicked his ass! Except I used one HP Plus Materia on each character to get them to 9,999 HP.

silent_ultima
12-10-2003, 04:19 AM
huh?? neverlasting r u being sarcastic or that's a thank u for me?? :tongue: doesn't matter....... heheheheh

TheNeverlasting
12-10-2003, 04:23 AM
No , that was a thank you , I really did beat him. And again, I never said I did'nt believe you.

silent_ultima
12-10-2003, 04:29 AM
oukeh.... congratulations dude... mmm let's try beat sephiroth without any materia equipped.. :p

TheNeverlasting
12-10-2003, 04:36 AM
I just realized how bored I am now, since there is basically nothing left for me to do on this game....:eep:

silent_ultima
12-10-2003, 04:40 AM
hell yes..
nothing to do in the game now.. except try to do sum stupid things like finish the game witout equipping any materia.. anybody done that b4??

Mo-Nercy
12-10-2003, 05:12 AM
except try to do sum stupid things like finish the game witout equipping any materia.. anybody done that b4??
I have no intention of trying, but, I suppose it could be done. Selling every piece of materia you come across would leave you filthy rich. Rich enough to buy the strongest equipment for everyone. Then you use the rest of the money to stock up on healing items. Since you have no materia equipped, your characters will deal more damage when attacking. Leave one as a 'healer' and I reckon you got yourself all set. The only problem is getting the cash flow started in the early game.

TheNeverlasting
12-10-2003, 05:33 AM
That wouldnt be all that difficult actually, since a mastered ALL materia sell for something like 4 million gil.

Mo-Nercy
12-10-2003, 08:33 AM
Sure, it would take ages to master though. And you'll need to equip it to master it. We wouldn't wanna break the rules would we?

Raistlin
12-10-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by TheNeverlasting
That wouldnt be all that difficult actually, since a mastered ALL materia sell for something like 4 million gil.
1.4 million.

And a no-materia game wouldn't be too hard.

Daedra
12-10-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by silent_ultima
hell yes..
nothing to do in the game now.. except try to do sum stupid things like finish the game witout equipping any materia.. anybody done that b4??

I did, but that's not a really tough challenge. And it is quite long to go through the whole cave.

Btw silent_ultima, you should try maxing a chocobo ; I tried but got stuck at a certain limit, so it would be great if someone else tried too.

TheNeverlasting
12-10-2003, 09:15 PM
Ah yes. 1.4.....i was thinking 4.1....:p

silent_ultima
12-11-2003, 06:37 AM
maxing out chocobos... hmm that's interesting.. i'll try to do it and create a new post when i'm done..

Peegee
12-11-2003, 07:20 PM
Don't forget lucky 7, and full limit breaks, and hopefully some sort of insane amount of luck :)

ForeverZeroUltima
12-20-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Al Bhed³
I have no intention of trying, but, I suppose it could be done. Selling every piece of materia you come across would leave you filthy rich. Rich enough to buy the strongest equipment for everyone. Then you use the rest of the money to stock up on healing items. Since you have no materia equipped, your characters will deal more damage when attacking. Leave one as a 'healer' and I reckon you got yourself all set. The only problem is getting the cash flow started in the early game.

hmmm.......
*sells all summons materia for 1 gil each*
*sells all independent and support materia for 0 gil each*