PDA

View Full Version : Do this game sucks?

RAVAGER
12-09-2003, 07:55 PM
I don't know i've played 67 missions, and there's still no fun! i mean, in the original final fantasy tactics, there where special characters with special abilities, think about Agrias or Orlandu, their stasis sword was really cool, or just tihnk about the night sword! but also ramza had his own abilities like cheer.

There where no laws and people could die everywhere.
it was al lot much harder.
the so called missions where a way more interestinga and fun.
there where no races, i think this races can only limit your character's development.
abitities where learned gaining job points .... not using a weapon!

and many other tings like that, you know what i mean?

the result of all these factors are a lack of fun and the game may become a wee bit annoying

DeBlayde
12-19-2003, 04:39 AM
here here!

i totally agree with you. I've always held Final Fantasy Tactics in very high esteem. I was an adult when I played it, and this game seemed geared specifically towards my age group. no suggestive clothing or lines, so the story holds a deep and mature meaning, not just drool factor like some other Final Fantasies that will remain nameless. I did think that the story was far too involved for kids to enjoy much, and this game seems more geared towards them. I find it a little bit harder, though, since I can't rotate the battlefield so I can't see the positions of the characters as well.

in summation:
GBA=mostly system for kids.
FFT=too slow moving for kids, not enough flashiness for those not looking for an overt visually reinforcing game.
FFTA=more visual reinforcement. rather akin to a rat in a Skinner's Box...

in my opinion, FFT was a much better game. many will disagree with my opinion and my analysis, but i'm entitled to my opinions too ya know. However, everybody's opinion is equally as important as mine, I just liked the other game better.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-19-2003, 04:54 AM
The GBA is not childish, nor has it ever been marketed towards children in particular.

Mo-Nercy
12-20-2003, 07:29 AM
Even though it's a lot easier that FFT. FFTA is still more tactical than all the other mainstream FFs

unknown88
12-28-2003, 05:44 PM
i find this game harder for some reason. The job system is far more complicated. Laws and ability learning are very annoying and especial jobs are late-game stuff. However in FFT, the only hard part was Riovanes Castle, then, not only was it easier, you get Orlandu, which isultimately powerful.

I haven't played this game much, though maybe It'll get MUCH easier when you get used to everything but it is just my opinion.

DocFrance
12-28-2003, 08:08 PM
I think FFT-A is a great game (especially the whole mission thing), but I think the system of learning abilities is very flawed.

Bahamut2000X
12-29-2003, 05:45 AM
I like it better to the first, more so because it's much more easier, FFT had some near impossible battles later in the game that took more luck then skill. FFTA is also nicer in that I can not worry so much that a party member I spent hours on gaining skills with suddenly dies.

Shoeberto
12-29-2003, 07:15 AM
I've fallen in love with this game. It's just so easy to pick up and play and get right into. And if you gotta stop playing in the middle of a battle 'cause your ma needs you to help her change her tube top, then you just quick save and come back later. Best pick-up-and-play game since Tetris, in my opinion. It might not have a deep story, or be too terribly difficult, but it's just fun. Plain old fun.

RagNar0k
01-01-2004, 06:03 AM
ohh no this game is fun. I dont like the job system or the different races makes it much more well "bad" to change and develop your characters.

Yrkoon
01-02-2004, 12:36 AM
i just got it on wednesday and i have been hooked on it.

played for about 12 hours so far and im loving each battle be it a clan or story one.

i like the way u learn abilitys exact same as ff IX except when u buy a weapon it doesnt let you know if its better than the one equiped (which sucks) so the ff9 ability system comes into play i only buy new weapons if they have abilitys i dont have so i can master them and move onto next weapon with a new ability ect.

for some reason i prefer the graphics on the gba game instead of the ps1 original :)

i never did get into ff tactics but with ffta i got into it plus i can play it on car journeys :)

Ryth
12-19-2004, 10:47 PM
I love this game! There is 300 missions, lots of classes, Jp system is fun, it's all fun though the story is kinda bland...... I can't believe you hate this game!

Alexander
12-22-2004, 04:10 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance SUCKS. And a LOT.
The plot seems to be a rip-off of Digimon (Suddenly Marche is at another world... PS: I like Digimon >_<), the races are HORRIBLE, the AP system of FFIX in a tactics game sucks, the special characers are horrible... This game is the scum of Final Fantasies.

Yuffie514
01-07-2005, 09:06 PM
i LOVE this game, except for a few things. for some reason, i'm not that good in FFT and i quickly lose interest in playing it if i ever put it into my PS-2. most of the time, i leave it on a cupboard. i only bought it to add to my collection.

Shuko
01-08-2005, 02:07 AM
This was the game that got me hooked on FF games in the first place. And yes, I mean this one, the one for GBA. I loved how long it was, and how having the insatiable need to steal a bunch of stuff (in my games -_-...) really paid off. I've played and beaten this game three times already (none of which fully gaining "every" bit of treasure) and despite that, I always come back to it sooner or later and start all over again. For me, this game has replayability written all over it.

Yuffie514
01-08-2005, 06:48 AM
For me, this game has replayability written all over it.

you're not alone on that one!

Destai
02-03-2005, 08:50 PM
I like FFTA for the nice characters and storyline. If I had to play it on a console Id probably get bored faster but I wouldnt really know as Europe hasnt seen the release of FFT. Portable games are just so easy to pick up and play.

Craig
02-04-2005, 12:46 AM
The plot seems to be a rip-off of Digimon (Suddenly Marche is at another world... PS: I like Digimon >_<)

Any game that involves someone going to another world is a rip off of Digimon, who knows, maybe Digimon is a rip off of Alice in wonderland.. -_-

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-04-2005, 04:27 AM
It's not a TERRIBLE game, but Final Fantasy Tactics is far superior. I don't like the dumbed down battle system as much, nor do I like the judges or the fact that people can't die except in the Jagds. It just doesn't have the sense of urgency that the original Tactics did.

feioncastor
02-04-2005, 08:58 PM
i LOVE this game, except for a few things. for some reason, i'm not that good in FFT and i quickly lose interest in playing it if i ever put it into my PS-2. most of the time, i leave it on a cupboard. i only bought it to add to my collection.
Wow.

You've really got to give it a fair chance. I've never met anyone who did and ended up not liking it.

DJZen
02-05-2005, 03:50 AM
Well it's fair not to like the game, but a complaint I keep hearing is that it was too hard in some way or another. Personally I think that's kinda silly. Sinistar is difficult to the point of impossibility, but I still love it to death.... MORTAL!

Mirage
02-05-2005, 06:18 AM
The GBA is not childish, nor has it ever been marketed towards children in particular.
What about the 357.4 pokemon versions out there? ;o.

Chris
02-05-2005, 11:03 AM
I just recently bought the game... and well, I do like it to an extend.
It gets a little repetitive after doing the same thing over and over again, but the story is quite sweet.

TheEmrys
02-05-2005, 11:13 AM
Bought it.
Played one mission.
Sold it.

Jammy
02-05-2005, 04:35 PM
Well i don't think the game sucks. To me it is good, but like you said its abit repetative. But also i never played the original....

DJZen
02-05-2005, 08:04 PM
What about the 357.4 pokemon versions out there? ;o.

What about Mortal Kombat Advance? What about Doom? What about Medal of Honor Underground? What about Metal Slug Advance? What about Street Fighter Alpha 3? What about King of Fighters EX? What about River City Ransom?

Del Murder
02-07-2005, 01:33 AM
You can buy episodes of Spongebob as well as Doom. GBA has something for everyone.

People can be sucks, but this game is not.

Mokona
02-07-2005, 11:08 AM
I never played FFT 'cause it was never released here*sniffles* :cry: So I've only played FFTA...but I liked it! :D

Alexander
02-07-2005, 04:54 PM
Any game that involves someone going to another world is a rip off of Digimon, who knows, maybe Digimon is a rip off of Alice in wonderland.. -_-

I used Digimon as an example, duh o.o
But FFT-A sucks anyway... it has a major plothole (After you beat Queen Remedi and goes back to real Ivalice. What are Marche doing on Final Fantasy's Ivalice after The End? o_O)

Quina
02-08-2005, 03:57 AM
It's ok. They added a blue mage class, but there's no Frog Drop.

DJZen
02-08-2005, 05:37 AM
it has a major plothole (After you beat Queen Remedi and goes back to real Ivalice. What are Marche doing on Final Fantasy's Ivalice after The End? o_O)

That's just a little bonus. It doesn't need to make sense. It's like a rematch in Samurai Shodown.

Hawkeye
02-08-2005, 06:18 AM
Bought it.
Played one mission.
Sold it.

Yuffie514
02-18-2005, 04:54 PM
the "walking around the map" thing needs some serious changing :mad2: :eek: :D . although more ppl say FFT is better :tongue: , FFTA is more for me in my opinion :cool: . the most FFT can do for me is make me mad :irked: . i still have FFT even though it makes me angry sometimes, but i guess it deserves to be on my shelf more than the PS-2 disc tray ;) i am not pleased :nonono: .

Skyblade
03-09-2005, 04:54 AM
I've fallen in love with this game. It's just so easy to pick up and play and get right into. And if you gotta stop playing in the middle of a battle 'cause your ma needs you to help her change her tube top, then you just quick save and come back later. Best pick-up-and-play game since Tetris, in my opinion. It might not have a deep story, or be too terribly difficult, but it's just fun. Plain old fun.

Read my post in the "Would you go home" thread and say that again... ;)

I think that this is a great game. It takes a while to get into, but it has awesome gameplay, fun characters, and an interesting storyline (no matter what Hsu said). And there is so much to do! Sure, it could have been done better, but overall? It's a dang good game. And no matter what the one who started this thread thinks, there are secret characters with unique abilities. Azoth, Stillness, Abate, Judge Sword, Bind, Yellow Clip, etc... Those aren't enough for you? The law system is annoying, but I actually wound up liking both it and the Jagds. It gives an explanation for why people don't die, and makes you think things through more.

I hope that there is an FFTA-2... (and I really do need to play FFT sometime)

Wiegrahf42
03-14-2005, 01:46 AM
An answer to the question that spawned this thread. Yes. Its not as bad as X-2 but its more of a disgrace to its predecessor (I never liked X to begin with). I am a diehard Tactics fan and that makes it hurt even more. Gone is the deep story, akin to an ancient war epic, now we have a shallow childish narrative best suited for a second rate Disney tv movie then as a sucessor for the saga of the Zodiac braves. The class system is a whole lot of general mishmash and the ability system which worked fine in IX is terribly misused.

Excelsior
03-14-2005, 04:10 AM
for me, this game was one of those games where i loved it and beat it incredibly fast when i got it, and now i cant get into it. i still like it, i just cant play it anymore. that also happened with castlevania:circle of the moon.

and FFT was better. :tongue:

Mittopotahis
03-14-2005, 08:38 AM
Bought it.
Played one mission.
Sold it.

1 mission?...give it more time!

RedCydranth
03-16-2005, 02:32 AM
Bought it.
Played one mission.
Sold it.

Thats like Ditching Zelda 64 after seeing Link use a stick as a weapon. Oh man, That game has NO way of getting good. Or stopping the play of any game during its tutorial runs.

If you SERIOUSLY did that, the person you sold it to has more brains than you ever will (Yes, I'm blatently insulting you!) and if you go through life making those kind of snap judgements, I'd LOVE to see how many successful jobs and relationships you have. Any rebuttal you may feel neccessary is moot because you wrote that you ditched a game after playing it for only 1% of its entirety.

Now, for my thoughts on the game. Comparing it to FFT, yeah its not that great. But this is NOT a sequel to FFT, its another game created with FFT's idea, much like All FFs arent sequels (Except FFX-2) to eachother. In its own light it shines bright. I personally have no problem with it except the weak story, but the Tactical Battling makes up for it. I also like the diversity of Jobs and the various races make developing somewhat bland characters more interesting. In FFT any squire can turn out like any other squire, but A Viera will always be much different than a Mog, Human, Bangaa and Nuu (I think thats the dog-ish creatures name)

Good game and if you haven't played the original FFT, and liked this one, play FFT. If you live in an area where FFT wasn't released, I feel bad for you. FFT is a gem.

XxSephirothxX
03-16-2005, 03:02 AM
I haven't played the original Final Fantasy Tactics, and would like to, so I won't be saying that Tactics Advance is better. What I WILL say, however, is that it's extremely fun. The battles, classes, and sheer amount of customization that's available will provide dozens of hours of gameplay. If you like strategy games, you could play this forever. Yes, the story is pretty much crap, but the game is great for just picking up and playing for a few hours.

Skyblade
03-19-2005, 06:28 AM
Thats like Ditching Zelda 64 after seeing Link use a stick as a weapon. Oh man, That game has NO way of getting good. Or stopping the play of any game during its tutorial runs.

If you SERIOUSLY did that, the person you sold it to has more brains than you ever will (Yes, I'm blatently insulting you!) and if you go through life making those kind of snap judgements, I'd LOVE to see how many successful jobs and relationships you have. Any rebuttal you may feel neccessary is moot because you wrote that you ditched a game after playing it for only 1% of its entirety.

Now, for my thoughts on the game. Comparing it to FFT, yeah its not that great. But this is NOT a sequel to FFT, its another game created with FFT's idea, much like All FFs arent sequels (Except FFX-2) to eachother. In its own light it shines bright. I personally have no problem with it except the weak story, but the Tactical Battling makes up for it. I also like the diversity of Jobs and the various races make developing somewhat bland characters more interesting. In FFT any squire can turn out like any other squire, but A Viera will always be much different than a Mog, Human, Bangaa and Nuu (I think thats the dog-ish creatures name)

Good game and if you haven't played the original FFT, and liked this one, play FFT. If you live in an area where FFT wasn't released, I feel bad for you. FFT is a gem.

(Actually, since there are well over 300 missions, it is less than 0.3% of its entirety...)

In my opinion, people who complain about the weak plot either have no imagination or have no brains (...or both). Using simple reasoning, I have figured out that the plot is much more in depth than it seems at a glance. Read the "would you go home" thread for more details. Sure, I may be reading too much into it, but the plot is there. Having to dig to find it doesn't mean it has a shallow plot (in fact, having to dig to get the truth of the plot would imply a deep plot anyway... :shifty: ). Now, I have not played FFT, :cry: so I am judging FFTA on its own merits, but since this isn't a sequel to FFT, that shouldn't matter.

Oh, and the races are Human, Bangaa, Moogle, Viera, and Nu Mou. (Personally, I always thought that the Bangaa looked more like dogs than they did lizards. Lizards don't have ears, damnit!)

Xalioniaf
03-20-2005, 01:47 AM
I personally like FFTA. For some reason, battles in FFT seem "quieter" and seem to move at a fast pace I can't keep up with. Although I like the JP system in FFT, I think that the FFIX-type system in FFTA is better. Also, when I first played FFT, it was kind of hard to figure everything out, and I still have trouble playing. FFTA has a "pick-up-and-play" kind of feel. Also, they say "Beezwax". I laugh out loud when anyone says "Beezwax". Only complaint I have about it is that When Marche dies, he sounds like the same dead-laughing man that every other human(except Ritz) makes when they die. It's annoying.

On a side note, is there only one Jagd? I've been playing for about 26 hours already, and I've only gotten one Jagd token.

Skyblade
03-20-2005, 04:55 AM
(No, there are three. Jagd Dorsa, Jagd Helje, and Jagd Ahli)

I_Need_Major_Plz
04-18-2005, 10:15 PM
Have you ever playe ff 1 2 dawn of souls its just like pokemon. This game is way better. It is good