PDA

View Full Version : No one believes me

unknown88
12-09-2003, 11:27 PM
I was in Deep Dungeon in level 99 everyone, and I deciced to play in HORROR just to kill some people and I got the battle with Wizards, Knights and Red Chocobos, and I swore I saw one Wizard with All Magic as a second ability, I thought it was a glitch or something but the wizard played Raise and Haste so I was really startled, I wanted to invite her but I didn't have a mediator in the fight so I killed her and her cristal just had the abilities for the normal jobs.

I kept playing in the place but I never saw something like that again aside from samurais playing Chrijiraden (damn that attack is strong) and Ninjas throwing the good stuff , so I quit playing. Any coments or similar occurrences. :(

Outsider
12-10-2003, 02:36 AM
I never saw it, but it is a fact that every battlefield has a Special fight... Like "12 monks in Grog Hill", or "A bunch of Ninjas, with a Female Ninja of higher level in Araguay Woods"...

And I always wondered if there was special fights in Deep Dungeon... Maybe that's one of them...

DeBlayde
12-11-2003, 06:07 AM
i believe you.
i'm sure you weren't halucinating, I have no evidence to support your claims, like a similar experience since I avoided the deep dungeon like the Plague, but still I like to be supportive. thus, i believe you.

Edgar
12-11-2003, 03:15 PM
That's rather odd...where do you get that CD? :P

sounds like fun :)

unknown88
12-11-2003, 08:57 PM
Normal CD. Maybe its something that happens at high levels, but they're rare :(, heres some other odd things but they are not so weird like the wizard:

Leader archer with Yoichy Bow (Voyage, many archer battle)
Chemistswith blaze, blast and glacier guns (Germinas Peak)
Ninjas throwing Chaos Blade and other weapons (this one is well known) and Samurais using Masamune and Chrijiraden ability. (HORROR)
Leader Monk using Rubber Costume (Grog Hill)

Maybe battles like those happen in many places but they equip a rare item sometimes which could decrease the odds of finding them.

Outsider
12-12-2003, 08:36 AM
All of these are "special fights", I'm sure...

In the fight against the chemists in Germinas Peak, there was some petrified Chesmists, right?

They were using the Stone Gun, the best gun in the game...

unknown88
12-12-2003, 08:33 PM
I believe so, 1 of the is petrified because of the stone gun (such a good gun with such a horrid drawback), but in many cases, one of the chemist uses soft or remedy on him.

Outsider
12-12-2003, 08:38 PM
There's one item that protects you against Petrify when equipped, so if you equip the stone gun, use it... I guess it was N-Kai Armlet, or 108 Gems, or something like that...

I'm too lazy to check my saved game....

Mwork
12-12-2003, 11:11 PM
I believe it's the Jade Armlet that protects agains Petrify....

But that doesn't matter, because you'd still start off petrified.

Tatics Master
12-14-2003, 03:06 AM
There are times when you end up in these battles and a normal character(like the wizard with all magic) can happen. It's just 1 of those things that happen 1 out of every 2 million times! It was probaly just a wizard with Caculator skills but the CPU had it called All-Magic!

Edgar
12-14-2003, 09:04 AM
I've seen the ones that you listed, unknown88, including the wierd stone gun one :P

But I've yet to see the All Magic one but that's because I don't really like leveling in DD because of the darkness. *replays FFTactics*

unknown88
12-14-2003, 06:09 PM
Yeah DD is a weird place, in NOGIAS theres this battle with a time mage that looks like a guy but its a girl :p . Guess the dungeon is full of this stuff. Though I would really like to know is someone actually did see the wizard.

Holy_Paladin
12-20-2003, 06:09 PM
Why do you say that stone gun is the best gun? I don't get it... Blast Gun has a 7 points higher attack... but maybe it's bad cos it is MA based, not PA based like other non-magic guns... plus, blast/blaze/glacier guns can be reflected, cos they are a kind of magic...
Is that it?

cloud_________strife
12-20-2003, 06:22 PM
i have seen wizards with all magic skill
lots and damn they are hard in a pack

Outsider
12-21-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Holy_Paladin
Why do you say that stone gun is the best gun? I don't get it... Blast Gun has a 7 points higher attack... but maybe it's bad cos it is MA based, not PA based like other non-magic guns... plus, blast/blaze/glacier guns can be reflected, cos they are a kind of magic...
Is that it?

I dunno... I got the Stone Gun a long time ago, I don't remember the details... But I know I used it a lot more than the other guns, and I know I was surprised to see that it was more useful than other, stronger, guns...

unknown88
12-21-2003, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Holy_Paladin
Is that it?

This is rather complicated to explain:

This could be simply solved by saying the other are better because they can't petrify you :p

But I will explain:
All guns except the Glacier, Blaze and Blast gun (which they are badly worded IMO, how could blaze=ice?) have an establshed damage calculation, independent of POW, SPD, MAG or combination of speed and power (like longbows). A gun damage, since it requires no muscle, always deals the same damage, only differing with the signs.
Damage from gun is calculated by multiplication of the number by itself:
Romanda gun: Pow 6 Damage: 36
Mythril Gun: Pow 8 Damage: 64
Stone Gun Pow: 16 Damage: 256

The other guns are based on Magic Power, your faith and opponents faith combined. It normaily doesn't do much damage, regularly around 100, but if you manage to cast pray faith on the gunner, the damage dealt is way higher. Though a wizard with equip gun can deal 300+ damage with the damn gun, its really dependant.

cloud_________strife: where did you see the wizards?

Prancing Mad
07-14-2005, 05:25 PM
You betcha I believe you! I've had some funky stuff myself. I JUST encountered that crazy 12 monk fight on Grog Hill. I was freaking out I couldn't believe my eyes. Has anyone else had this really weird fight in Zeklaus Desert? In this one fight, you are at one end of the desert and on the complete opposite end is a knight and a hmm I think it was a bull-demon of sorts. The weird thing is though is that the knight is a "guest" in your party for that battle and that battle only! He doesn't ask to join up afterwards. Another thing. I didn't even get to the bull-demon in time becuase the knight killed him so fast!

But yeah, some weird programming went seriously deep into this game! I'll let you know if I get your deep dungeon thing. Man she would've been a nice addition to a party!

darkblade117
07-14-2005, 08:23 PM
i have seen wizards with all magic skill
lots and damn they are hard in a pack

in a pack??!! where??!!!! invite invite invite!!!

Necronopticous
07-14-2005, 08:32 PM
Jesus, just make a new thread, this one is a year and a half old.