PDA

View Full Version : FF8 film?

Squall2
12-11-2003, 12:41 PM
hi i was wondering if anyone here wants a final fantasy VIII film? it would be great if one ever got made! Do you think it should be realtime (real actors) or computer animated.

TheAbominatrix
12-11-2003, 09:09 PM
There's much better FF's out there with far better stories to make movies out of. Especially ones that dont have such huge and poorly filled plot holes. "I forgot!"

soulICE
12-11-2003, 10:22 PM
There's much better FF's out there with far better stories to make movies out of. Especially ones that dont have such huge and poorly filled plot holes. "I forgot!"

^exactly. wont be much of a movie if all they do is say "I FORGOT!" for everything thats thrown at them. for the movie to be any better, itd have to make up alot of plot to make up for the game. and why bother making a movie if most of it would have to be altered and made up on the spot to make up for the game's faults? events and forshadowing would have to be implemented and minor plots would have to be incorporated so audiences wouldnt ask "WTF.. where'd THAT come from?" throughout the movie like in the game. then it would might as well be another teen drama movie because it would look so different than the game itself. i dont think it was meant to be a movie. but.. thats MHO..

m4tt
12-11-2003, 10:33 PM
FF8 would make a HORRIBLE movie.

Outsider
12-12-2003, 08:40 AM
I'd rather see "Titanic" 5 times in a row and then see "Driving Miss Daisy"...

And believe me, I HATE "Titanic" and "Driving Miss Daisy"...

Squall2
12-12-2003, 07:55 PM
whoa sozz!! if u dont like ff9 then bugger off this forum. this is for ff8 fans only. what the hell does MHO mean!?

Outsider
12-12-2003, 08:05 PM
If it is for FF8 fans ONLY, then why did you made this poll in the first place? You Gave us a "no it will be crap" option...

And it would be crap, thank God they are not making one... Yet...

soulICE
12-12-2003, 08:41 PM
what the hell does MHO mean!?

my humble opinion. meaning, its neither right or wrong; im neither a FF8 hater or lover, its just my own opinion which was what you asked for when you made the poll.

m4tt
12-12-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Squall2
whoa sozz!! if u dont like ff9 then bugger off this forum. this is for ff8 fans only. what the hell does MHO mean!?

WHOAAA I didn't realize you were the all mighty master of the Eyes on Final Fantasy - Final Fantasy VIII forums. I'M SORRY I DISOBEYED YOU!

And what does FF9 have to do with this poll?

Squall2
12-12-2003, 09:03 PM
i ment ff8

Silent Warrior
12-30-2003, 06:01 PM
FF8 would make a HORRIBLE movie.
Agreed. I bet it would even be beaten by some soap-operas... or maybe not. Who knows? I don't care. As long as FF8 doesn't become a movie, I'm sound as a pound.

Flying Mullet
12-30-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Squall2
This forum is for the discussion of FF8, both good and bad.

And I agree with the rest that a FF8 movie would be horrid.

lonely
01-02-2004, 04:53 PM
I'm sorry but an FF8 movie would be excellent, they can jes do it the same way as when they made the film Final Fantasy:spirits within, with stunt people doing movements and actors for the voice over, it would be cool. I would definately watch and buy it. but that's MHO. :choc:

Breine
01-02-2004, 07:53 PM
No, I don't think there should be a film...

selphie666
01-04-2004, 04:55 AM
I think FF8 would make a great movie. They should definitely make it computer animated, but it would be fun to see what kind of actors they hire for the characters. But they should probably skip some parts or make some parts shorter so that the movie isn't, like, thirty hours long like the game. They would also have to get actors to speak during the movie instead of the dialogue boxes that pop up. Strictly MHO.

Squall2
01-04-2004, 01:58 PM
yeah i agree with selphie666 there ! Thats the only annoying thing about the game, those stupit diologe boxes insted of speach but i suppose that was to saphisticated for the PS1. The other thing that annoyed me was the junction magic system! keep ur views commin in. :D :D

Mo-Nercy
01-05-2004, 12:43 AM
I loved to game to pieces. I don't want a movie to ruin it. Nuff said. That's MHO.

DocFrance
01-05-2004, 06:00 AM
It would be the first movie since "Clueless" to have "whatever" be a catchphrase.

lonely
01-05-2004, 04:28 PM
first movie since "Clueless" to have "whatever" be a catchphrase Yes that is soo true, that's funny too, except of a bubbely girly girl saying it, it would be a stubborn guy saying it. The movie would be a great success!

Anubos
01-07-2004, 04:10 PM
ff8 is my fav game of all time, and i'd love to see a movie, but it would never happen so o well:mad:

Iceglow
01-07-2004, 06:29 PM
Final Fantasy 8 the movie...

I'm sorry but for a big FF8 fan I have to agree with Albhed here as a film would ruin it completely the game as it was is designed to be a game not a film but if one was done sod the Spirits within engine (sorry but lip synching was really terrible also too confused with all the references to Shiva and Ifrit basically all of the bhudislamic stuff tied in to all Final Fantasy games I remember my family watching the film and just saying "...?") it should be done with the animation engine used for the cutscenes in game like the one used for the activating the uplink :D

Flying Mullet
01-07-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Silmaril
it should be computer animated coz i dont there is a guy out there who looks like Squally poo.

if there is ....MARRY ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get your wedding ready, Squall is based on the singer Geckt, or whatever his name is.

Silmaril
01-07-2004, 07:43 PM
i would love it if an FF8 film came out. it should be computer animated coz i dont there is a guy out there who looks like Squally poo.

if there is ....MARRY ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Polls r bad ideas. ppl insist on saying the opposite of what u want to hear. i wonder why they do that? ;) NEVER GIVE CHOICE! NEVER GIVE EXPLANATIONS!

the choice should have been:

1. HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. Oh yeah!

TheAbominatrix
01-08-2004, 11:47 AM
This isnt a 'heap praise on FF games' forum. We're entitled to say it sucks just as much as you're entitled to go on and on about how it does.

Silmaril
01-09-2004, 06:58 PM
everyone has a right to say how much something does/not suck but if one is gonna have a poll be prepared for the exact opposite of what one says.

Maxico
01-09-2004, 11:27 PM

ahhh welcome to ff8 movie thread 29231.

It should be shown only in cinemas with nooses built into the seats.

Mo-Nercy
01-10-2004, 02:09 AM
Oh, my cinemas were nice enough to provide lethal injections when I watched "Crossroads" but there was just air in mine. :(

Polls r bad ideas. ppl insist on saying the opposite of what u want to hear. i wonder why they do that? NEVER GIVE CHOICE! NEVER GIVE EXPLANATIONS!

the choice should have been:

1. HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. Oh yeah!
But then won't everyone just post saying the opposite of what you want to hear?

*cartwheels away*

selphie666
01-11-2004, 08:43 PM
Hey, I think the same thing happened to me when I saw that movie. Except there weren't lethal injections, so it was complete hell.