PDA

View Full Version : World of Ruin

jorwisgar
12-11-2003, 04:41 PM
Hi, I'm playing right now at the world of ruin and I'm kind of stuck, because it seems like it's not linear, is there a certain order to play it?
I'm trying no to use a walkthrough, because it just spoils your game.

Help would be very much appreciated, thanks.

Edgar
12-11-2003, 04:48 PM
Where are you now?

Danger
12-11-2003, 06:44 PM
You can play it in any order, but here's a brief rundown of the begining to get you started. Note: I tried to hide as much as possible in order to give you direction and not ruin the game. If you're already past what I describe, just go to different places and recruit people as go along. Explore each city thoroughly and think about where that person would be if you were him/her (use this to find Relm, Locke and Mog especially).

Here we go: Once you start, go north, there should be four towns you can explore (including the one right next to you and two on the long snake like continent, there's a bridge to get to it). Once you explore them (there are a couple hidden chocobo stables I think to make the long walks easier) and "Follow a certain something/one in one of the towns" you should be able to figure out what to do next.

If you're stuck beyond this point, just say something and I'm sure some one will give you a bit more direction. But aside from this first bit, I've done all the side quests (I suppose that's what they are called, because you don't "Have" to do them) in random orders and at random levels. If you're around level 30-35, you can finnish the game fairly easily, so I wouldn't worry about going to the wrong side quest and getting pounded by enemies.

jorwisgar
12-12-2003, 04:58 PM
Right now, I already got the airship, Sabin, I've got MOg and Gogo.I've got Odin and I've done Cyan's scenario.

I think my best character is at level 37.

Thanks alot, for the replies!

Danger
12-12-2003, 08:00 PM
Well then, check out the vedlt, and the cave there. Then check out Jidoor and Mobliz. You might want to put mog in party and check out the north of Narshe. Or a certain mountain range shaped like a star....

That should keep you busy for a while. Again, any order you please. If you can handle the ancient castle (Odin), you'll do fine at the rest of the places (maybe not the fanatics tower, depends on your magic (have life3 before you go up there))

Stayin Dizzy
12-12-2003, 08:26 PM
fanatics tower + life3 + moogle charm= super easy

Also why do you have Odin and not Raiden? Did you even bother beating the dragon in the ancient castle? (Walk like 5 or six steps down from the chair on the right in the throne room, and you'll hit a switch.) I'll let you figure it from there. Did you get the esper after cyans scenario? If you got gogo then you got locke I'm assuming. Also you've surely gotten Terra back, and Edgar. I'd go to jidoor next and check out owzers house. then hit the fanatics tower. Find Relm before you go to the fanatics tower though. Did you fight Bahumut yet? And once you have relm & strago go to thamsia. Did you go to the colleseum?

Lots of stuff to do, but since you have the airship you can go fight Kefka right now. Heck if you have even 6 people in your party split to groups of three and go for it, Kefka is a wuss. Make sure you have these items for an easy win though

Offering
Gem Box
Paladin Shield
Illumina (forget the esper man, that sword deals some heat and random pearl for 9999)
and Genji anything

Theres more stuff, but you don't want to make to end too easy like I did and get EVERYTHING good.

Outsider
12-12-2003, 08:35 PM
Odin is the only esper that raise your speed at level up, so I usually keep him for a while before getting Raiden