PDA

View Full Version : Ending? NOTICE!!--Spoilers in here, and this is for people who beat the game!!

Stayin Dizzy
12-12-2003, 08:37 PM
Did anyone besides me not like the ending? I heard how good it was and it turned out to just be the magicite start dying--Terra" Follow me with my last ounce of strength" and Gau with "Gau find Shortcut!" And Strago with "I'm to young to give up!" Relm and "I'd like to paint your portrait" Sabin with something about likeing his muscles, Umaro with "Urahhhhh"..Mog "Kupo"--Edgar: Press the button--Cyan: Can't figure out the button, kicks it, and says sometimes you have to show it who's boss. Gogo just pressing buttons like someone Locke catching Celes and saying he'll never let go...etc

Then intros, blah blah blah. I really disliked it, but maybe I'm missing something. I didn't think Locke and Celes were even cute.

So why was it good/bad to you?

m4tt
12-12-2003, 08:43 PM
I thought it was awesome. Of course it was the first FF ending I had ever seen, so you might be spoiled by the "pretty" graphics of the newer FF games.

The music is the best part. :love:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-12-2003, 08:47 PM
I love the ending. Go fish.

TheAbominatrix
12-13-2003, 05:14 AM
I loved the ending, and for its time it was amazing... that was typical of FF back then, to show what everyone was up to along with whatever end story they had.

Outsider
12-13-2003, 05:15 AM
Yeah, the end is great... |You beat Kefka, everybody get out the collapsing tower (Well... Not Shadow), and it's the end... I think there was no need to put more stuff in it.

I guess that if they put more stuff it wouldn't bee so good

i90east
12-13-2003, 06:01 AM
Yeah the graphic effects are great and so is the music. As far as what the characters say, what did you expect?

The only thing I didn't like was the tiny third world map that repeated itself a million times. Heh.

Edgar
12-14-2003, 09:01 AM
What's wrong with the ending? I wuv it! :D

The Man
12-15-2003, 09:06 AM
I liked FF5's ending sequence more, but not much more. FF6's ending definitely left me satisfied - honestly, the only part of the end of FF6 that didn't satisfy me was that Kefka was such a pushover. It was a bit underwhelming.

Lord Soth
12-15-2003, 10:30 PM
Even if FF VI is one of my favorite in the series,i remember that i found it a bit deceiving too back then when i played it for the 1st time.Even if the end is good,no,not good,awesome,I felt like there was something missing,but it s been so long so i cant remember exactly what.But even if the end is not the greatest to me,the game was really amazing.

Setzer the Gambler
12-17-2003, 12:54 PM
Final Fantasy 6's ending was very good and I enjoyed this game since the very beginning I played it back in 1994!

ForeverZeroUltima
12-19-2003, 09:56 PM
i personally like the ending. I liked it so much that the music was stuck in my head and i start humming it in Latin class until everyone yells at me to Shut Up! (with a capital S!)

but i once was so bored i actually timed the ending...it was approximately 22 minutes!

crono_logical
12-20-2003, 11:30 AM
I found the length alone amazing, maybe because that was the first game I saw such a long ending for, and for a game on a relatively ancient console too considering when I actually played it :p Of course, the music and the story scenes rounding off all the characters you had gotten helped too, 20 odd minutes of nothingness or just credits rolling by would have been boring :p

Setzer the Gambler
01-09-2004, 07:53 PM
Just like I said, it is an amazing game and it will never ever die! I still own a copy for Super Nintendo, I bought the Greatest Hits version for PS1 a couple of weeks ago.

Silent Warrior
01-12-2004, 08:21 AM
What impressed me about the ending was the length and the music. The wrapping-up-characters'-sidestories-part seemed a bit sentimental for my taste, but it was excellently scored. Um, that thing with music, like. Stupid language... Or maybe it's stupid terminology...?

Anaralia
01-17-2004, 05:03 PM
Right before this one, I played Earthbound, where the ending was a very short video (about a minute) and then you went back into the game. Everybody that you talked to thanked you, or told you a story, or something, and you could explore as you wished, and walked your companions back to their homes (and met their parents, etc). No more monsters, of course.

I thought that this was such an awesome idea that when I finshed FF VI a few months later, the ending kinda paled in comparison. Plus, I never liked the Celes/Locke coupling theme (truth be told, I never really liked Celes, period) so I didn't like the catching scene either.

Too bad.

CloudDragon
01-17-2004, 08:46 PM
Ending is great. Great music, and I liked how they hinted at the future for each character. Good stuff.

Ayla
01-17-2004, 10:18 PM
I've Liked it...Best, Loved it!!:love:
The music of Gogo made me DANCE!!...And he looks like Meta Knight...(Kirby):mog:

:aimangel:

ForeverZeroUltima
01-17-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Ayla

The music of Gogo made me DANCE!!...And he looks like Meta Knight...(Kirby):mog:

:aimangel:

huh?? *rubs eyes and reads again*

Setzer the Gambler
01-18-2004, 09:21 PM
It made you dance?

*Wipes her eyes and seriously looks

Ayla
01-18-2004, 11:04 PM
YES!! MADE ME DANCE!!HE'S SO MANEIRO!!!... And yes, he lloks like Meta :cool:

Setzer the Gambler
01-18-2004, 11:14 PM
I see, you must be an easy going person then....

Outsider
01-19-2004, 05:09 AM
YES!! MADE ME DANCE!!HE'S SO MANEIRO!!!... And yes, he lloks like Meta :cool:

Cool... He is cool. I'm pretty sure not much people will understand Portugueese here...

Hummm...

Ayla
01-19-2004, 10:10 PM
I'm sorry...I's because i'm where chating with a Brazilian friend...And I'm from Brazil too... :mog:

ForeverZeroUltima
01-20-2004, 12:45 AM
*reads Ayla and Outsider's posts*
*backs away slowly*
*step by step....*
*...*
*runs*

Outsider
01-20-2004, 08:23 AM
I'm sorry...I's because i'm where chating with a Brazilian friend...And I'm from Brazil too... :mog:

Oh, me too... Otherwise I wouldn't understand the word "Maneiro"...

Anyway, I'd like if there could be a way to save Shadow IN THE END...

Flying Mullet
01-20-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Outsider
Anyway, I'd like if there could be a way to save Shadow...
I just wanted to add a disclaimer that you are talking about the end of the game, not the Floating Continent, before someone misreads this and tries to explain that you can save him on the Floating Continent. :mog:

Setzer the Gambler
01-20-2004, 03:26 PM
Just what I thought!

Outsider
01-20-2004, 06:05 PM
Oh... Yeah, you're right... I'll edit it.

Setzer the Gambler
01-20-2004, 08:31 PM
Hehehe, just so cool!

Ayla
01-22-2004, 12:23 AM
One:ForeverZreoUltima,STOP THIS!!
Two:How is the endind of Shadow?I've not saved he.I only see the face of he looking at Relm's village.

TheAbominatrix
01-22-2004, 01:18 AM
Well first, remember on the Floating Continent, racing to get to the airship? You have to wait for Shadow. If not, he's dead and you'll never see him again. If you have him at the end, he goes off to one entrance of the tower and sits, saying he's gonna 'start over', and he tells Interceptor to go and protect 'the girl' (Relm).

Setzer the Gambler
01-22-2004, 03:40 PM
HYAH! I am just scared...