PDA

View Full Version : FFX-2 before FFX?

MartyM
12-12-2003, 11:00 PM
Hey,

I'm thinking about getting a PS2 soon, and with all the hype about this game, I'm thinking I'd like to play it. Do I really need to have beaten FFX as a prereq? If not, could anyone sort of catch me up to speed on the story (please mark spoilers)? The last FF I played, not counting the tactics games, was FF6 for SNES.

blitzballstar01
12-12-2003, 11:15 PM
yea, youll be lost in a LOT of scenes in x-2 if youve never beaten x. they make a lot of references and seriously i even thought to myself that someone who had never played x wouldnt get it. so my reccomendation is to get x (its rather short and also a lot cheaper now). then wait until you beat that. then you might have more money lol and the game will also be reduced in price.

Vaprice
12-13-2003, 12:24 AM
heh. Somewhat funny actually. yes you will be somewhat confused if you do not kno what has happened at the end of FFX. Yuna does give some background information on the places you go. but if you havent beaten the game you will not understand what her "MAIN" Mission is through this whole game. They dont really tell you straight forward but you know that is what shes looking for. What she wants most of all is "him"

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-13-2003, 12:27 AM
You should definitely play FFX before FFX-2, but the only problem now is that, if you play X and then immediately start up X-2, you'll probably be incredibly bored at how it recycles most of its environments from X. So, the best strategy is to play X, wait two years, and then play X-2.

Enoki
12-13-2003, 02:05 AM
I think X-2 would be uber confusing if you havent played X. Id go ahead and play through it first its not hard i beat it in about 35 hours compared to the normal 45-50 it takes me on other FFs. Which now that i think of it X-2 was incredibly short too.

MartyM
12-13-2003, 06:37 AM
You should definitely play FFX before FFX-2, but the only problem now is that, if you play X and then immediately start up X-2, you'll probably be incredibly bored at how it recycles most of its environments from X. So, the best strategy is to play X, wait two years, and then play X-2.

:-/

Would it be possible for me to get the story from X so I could start directly into X-2? Would that be advisable? Again, please mark spoilers from X in case I decide to play it first.

eternalshiva
12-13-2003, 11:05 AM
I recommend you play X, plus its a fun game. There's too many references to X and it won't make sense to why she's looking for Tidus. It's like reading a book but you start in the middle. Kinda Pointless. IT will still make sense but you won;t get a huge sense of Gratification when you get the best ending out of the three. Or you won't be miserable when you get the sucky end xD

You can get FFX for like 30 bucks now and FFX-2 is 50 in the US *70 in Canada* I think its worth it but play FFX-2 if you want without FFX but you'll miss out on a lot.