PDA

View Full Version : I am rolling in the stupidity of blitzball

katana
12-12-2003, 11:23 PM
So, chapter 5, we finally get rid of this retarded little coin game, get to play blitzballl, and what happens? Square Enix tears it from FFXs hands, rips it into tiny pieces, burns it, and flingss the ashes back at our faces. Seriously, WTF happened to blitz?

blitzballstar01
12-15-2003, 10:09 PM
theres already a thread on this if you want to participate in that...but anyways...yea it sux in ffx-2, and i loved it in FFX...i cant beleive square for that and i will NEVER forgive them... :mad2:

blue_midget192
12-15-2003, 10:38 PM
ok not played either, i understand the basic presise but please explain :S

Shayo
12-18-2003, 12:53 AM
lol lots of ppl were sayin that they hated blitzball but now that ur not able to controll which way your players go ppl are takin back waht they said... my brother did

katana
12-18-2003, 02:01 AM
I just hate the fact that yur given a team thats not as good as the other, and they r all controlled by a computer that has been inactive for years and years and has acquired so many viruses its AI level has been reduced to a Gameboy Pocket.

Vaprice
12-18-2003, 02:04 AM
You cant control the blitz players. Its horrible. Thats how they get injured so easily. They just keep swimming in the direction where your gonna get your butt whooped.

And the basic thing is just watch. There really isnt any point other that you can face the "besaid Aurochs" and the "Zanarkand Abes"

which trust me dont play blitz. I mean ya know, I loved it in "X" it reminded me so much os Xtreme Soccer. I love soccer. but its just horrible now. Its just like watching people scoring and getting theirselves hurt.

And well you really cant do anything until you get to scout level 3 or 4. Only bad teams you can face are the Guados and the Kilika Beasts.

cykak
12-21-2003, 02:42 AM
I don't particularly like FFX-2 version of blitzball. I thought blitzball in FF X was tolerable and quite fun if you got use to it.

However, if you want to play blitzball take it from someone who already maxed out his scouting level and maxed out over 10 characters stats that blitzball in FFX-2 is quicker and easier.

All you need to do is eventually get rid of Brother and Buddy along with the Star Wars guys, Biggs and Wedge. Meaning don't worry about their adding on their stats. Only level up Paine's shot, Yuna and Rikku's pass and blocks, and Shinra's goalkeeper ability. All the while play against the Kilika beast in exhibition mode.

Refer to gamefaqs.com for a blitzball guide for further help.

Blitzball Guide (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_x_2_blitzball.txt)

Blitzball Player Stats (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_x_2_blitzball_stats.txt)

-Also from my own personal experience the formation with 3 or 4 forwards (scorers) is really effective. Only playing again the Psyches and Goers that I really on a more defensive oriented formation. On most occasions I was able to score 7 goals in most of my games using the post play style.
-Remember to sub your players when they get fatigued over 10 stat points during the blitzing.

Scouting

I recommend scouting players as quickly as you can. Just play blitzball against the Kilika Beast in exhibition mode for command points and leveling up your scout level.
Only players in scout level 3 to max are worthy to be kept a secure spot on your team.

Here are free agents that I recommend.
Scout Level 1: Balkai, Ropp, Hildy
Scout Level 2: Mepp
Scout Level 3: Zev Ronso, Neffe, Shaami
Scout Level 4: Tatts and Miyuri (an better upgrade of Shaami with the same corkscrew shot)
Scout Level Max: Lucil, Bartello

I advice to drop Ropp and Hildy as soon as you can get better free agents. Mepp is a decent blitzer so you can keep him on the bench.
The best player with the highest MAX stats is Yuyui. But she will take up a lot of points to level up as her Bio stats are Maxed at "1". I didn't bother as my team was winning with out her.

Inuyasha23
12-27-2003, 06:38 PM
BlitzBall was quite possibly the second gayest part of the game losing the poll to only tidus. FF10 was the worst instalment in the series so why would you make a sequal of it!!!!!! why not one of the better ones like 9 or the first five. heres a thought make one off the best FF ever FF7!!!!!

Cloud could kick tidus's ass bare handed!!!!!

And anything is better than blitz even tetra master and triple triad

Radje
12-30-2003, 03:16 PM
1. Please refer from using "gay" as an insult

2. remember that you should give your oppinion, not make it look like as if everything you say is fact.

eternalshiva
12-30-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Inuyasha23
BlitzBall was quite possibly the second gayest part of the game losing the poll to only tidus. FF10 was the worst instalment in the series so why would you make a sequal of it!!!!!! why not one of the better ones like 9 or the first five. heres a thought make one off the best FF ever FF7!!!!!

Cloud could kick tidus's ass bare handed!!!!!

And anything is better than blitz even tetra master and triple triad

Umm this was a question on Blitzball for FFX-2, not your own personal feeling on FFX and how it sucked :/ And its not a question on if FFX-2 was stupid and if you want to make comments on other games, go to the respective forums for that >:/

And blitzball was a waiste of time in FFX-2 xD I was sadden by not being able to play it like X.