PDA

View Full Version : FFIV problem plz help!!!

Croyles
12-13-2003, 03:39 AM
ok ive been using this walkthrough (http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/snes/ff4ht/secrets/syl.shtml) for a long time and it has never had any mistakes; apart from this one of course: I was just about to go in the cave located in the southwest to save the last dark crytal fro Golbeze when i read the walkthrough, only to find out that all the monster in there were hard and that the walkthrought told me to level up and get summons like leviathion, Ashura (I got both of them and leveled up,) and last of all...... Sylph! So i went into the cave and all the way down to the house that the 4 Sylphs and Yang are in, and the walkthrough said was supposed to talk to the first Sylph which is right infront of you when you first come in, in order to get the Summon. BUT I DIDNT!!!!!! Am i supposed to go there later or should of gone there earlier? Please help me out here.

TheAbominatrix
12-13-2003, 05:09 AM
You have to talk to the Slyphs, then leave. When you can return to the surface again, go to Fabul and talk to Yang's wife. She'll give you a frying pan. Take the frying pan to the Slyphs and whack Yang on the noggin with it. Then talk to the Sylphs again, you'll get the summon.

DocFrance
12-13-2003, 11:55 PM
After doing all that, go back to Yang's wife and she'll give you her knife. It's very useful. Have Edge throw it in the last battle - it will do 9999 damage.

Croyles
12-14-2003, 01:40 AM
yeah its pretty good, but still not as good as 255 Excaliburs to throw :D, theres a glitch in the game where you can make them in battle.

fire_of_avalon
12-17-2003, 08:21 AM
On my first run through of this game, I didn't get the frying pan. I just went back to the Sylvan cave after beating the CPU in the Giant of Babel and they gave me their power. That happen for anyone else?

Outsider
12-17-2003, 08:26 AM
After the Giant Of Bab-Il, Yang is recovered (you can even see him in one of the airships)...

So you can go to their cave and get the Sylph Call without the whole mess...